Photos Irish Defence Force Photo's

1633045598319.png

.....ahhhhhh I don't think that worked too well mate! The string charge went straight up and fell straight down......

Ahhh yes, I see the angle my old eyes thought it went up and back straight back down but it went the other direction.....and the aerial is a cool perspective, thanks for adding that--COOL!!!

......I'll shut up now!! :rolleyes: :oops: ?

Óglaigh na hÉireann can confirm the name of the the soldier killed on active service whilst serving in UNIFIL this morning.

Sean Rooney.jpg

869674 Private Seán Rooney, aged 23, a member of the 27 Infantry Battalion and a native of Newtwoncunningham, Co Donegal.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. May he + Rest In Peace +

Sympathy & Condolences to his Family, Friends & Comrades.

A speedy recovery to the 3 other soldiers wounded, one seriously (Private Shane Kearney) in the attack on their patrol.

Earlier Statement -

"It is with deep regret that Óglaigh na hÉireann can confirm the death of one of our peacekeepers in a serious incident in Lebanon last night.
On 14 December 2022 at approx. 2115 (Irish time), a serious incident took place involving members of 121st Infantry Battalion, UNIFIL. A convoy of two (2) Armoured Utility Vehicles (AUVs) carrying eight ( 8 )personnel travelling to Beirut came under small arms fire. Four (4) personnel were taken to Raee Hospital, near Sidon as a result of the incident. One soldier was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital and another has undergone surgery and is in a serious condition. The other two soldiers are being treated for minor injuries. A medical officer from the 121st Infantry Battalion is currently with the soldiers in Raee Hospital.
The remaining four (4) personnel from the convoy were not injured and are safe and accounted for.
The names of personnel are not being released by the Defence Forces at this time, but the families of those involved have been informed.
A full investigation will commence into this incident. "

Last edited: