Politics The 2022 French Presidential Election/French politics thread

The "SOS racisme" activists who were there had nothing to do there and just wanted to prevent Zemmour from talking.
They had it coming.

Of course, a more professional "service d'ordre" like Marine le Pen has would have handled it in a more professional way than throwing chairs at the troublemakers.

Yeah, doesn’t excuse violence but anyone who wants to silence him need to be silenced or in all likelihood evacuated as well.

I fail to see what was so harmful in his speech, he’s neither a fascist, misogynistic or racist individual, and I believe him in this regard. The rest is bullshit from the anti racists, Antifa activists.

Yeah, doesn’t excuse violence but anyone who wants to silence him need to be silenced or in all likelihood evacuated as well.

I fail to see what was so harmful in his speech, he’s neither a fascist, misogynistic or racist individual, and I believe him in this regard. The rest is bullshit from the anti racists, Antifa activists.
Well some of his points are beyond borderline
Petain protected the jews
Merah victims were french only on paper because they were burried in Israel
Taking the defense of Dieudonné

That's just a few points. Having heard him a few times he is good at distording facts to go in the way of his storytelling. That may make ofhim a good speaker and ironicaly a good profesional politician

There´s that (as bad as it is) and there is that permanent nostalgia, and the looking backwards...It´s depressing to listen to, full of negative energy.

Zemmour was a very interesting intellectual, like Canadian Mathieu Bock-Coté is now. But I don´t think he could or should lead...you have to look forward, not to the past.

Relevant here, and BLM etc etc

There have always been a few willing to have a good scrap....

To be honest, Ian Duncan Smith needs a good smacking, so I have absolutely no sympathy for the pathetic little germ

Politicians who joke at after dinner parties that the things they pass into law saves huge amounts of money and destroy the lives of millions should at some stage face redress

UK - George Osbourne/Ian Duncan Smith - both will be judged by history if not before

Well some of his points are beyond borderline
Petain protected the jews
Merah victims were french only on paper because they were burried in Israel
Taking the defense of Dieudonné

That's just a few points. Having heard him a few times he is good at distording facts to go in the way of his storytelling. That may make ofhim a good speaker and ironicaly a good profesional politician

All of this is about fair, but now now, his speech and diatribes evidently resonate amongst many of the French population.

-The Brussels diktat and bureaucracy.
-Justice and police leniency.
-migrants/illegals/foreign felons/jihadists. He dares to make groundbreaking proposal. Out of our country.
-Macaron and his ego, his mostly incompetent government. Personal attacks maybe but again people want to hear that.
-Marine le pen tamed her party in order to gather more people. Doesn’t seems to be working.
-The medias? Mixed feelings about it. After his speech, some commentators genuinely complimented the speech and his stance while of course criticizing the violence amongst some of his fierce supporters towards the journalists trying to cover the events.

If the only credible alternative is Macaron then be it, but one shouldn’t complain if it’s five more years for nothing, bit like Francois Hollande who was a goof but at least sympathetic and laid back.

Last edited:
All of this is about fair, but now now, his speech and diatribes evidently resonate amongst many of the French population.

-migrants/illegals/foireign felons/jihadists. He dares to make groundbreaking proposal. Out of our country.
-Macaron and his ego, his mostly incompetent government. Personal attacks maybe but again people want to hear that.
-Marine le pen tamed her party in order to gather more people. Doesn’t seems to be working.
-The medias? Mixed feelings about it. After his speech, some commentators genuinely complimented the speech and his stance while of course criticizing the violence amongst some of his fierce supporters towards the journalists trying to cover the events.

If the only credible alternative is Macaron then be it, but one shouldn’t complain if it’s five more years for nothing, bit like Francois Hollande who was a goof but at least sympathetic and laid back.
To be honest I think you are at a bit of a crossroads - like America - you could end up with Micron again for 5 years and the slide will continue

Changing the blue colour on your flag won't make France great again ?

To be honest I think you are at a bit of a crossroads - like America - you could end up with Micron again for 5 years and the slide will continue

Changing the blue colour on your flag won't make France great again ?

Again, I don’t believe Zemmour can or even should win, but everything he said and stated should be taken into consideration by whoever is elected next year or sadly macaron re-elected.

Macaron taking all decisions by himself, being in his ivory tower, is a threat to our democracy for what’s left of it.

It’s a global issue, Germany, the rest of Europe are on the decline, and so will or already is the UK.

Thing is, I consider myself too old to emigrate somewhere else now, I was considering Canada in my 20s but eventually didn’t for various reasons; and don’t regret it (Turdeau is basically Canadian macron)

Australia and NZ? Fine countries but their current govt are also a joke.

We have nowhere left to hide, basically.

Again, I don’t believe Zemmour can or even should win, but everything he said and stated should be taken into consideration by whoever is elected next year or sadly macaron re-elected.

Macaron taking all decisions by himself, being in his ivory tower, is a threat to our democracy for what’s left of it.

It’s a global issue, Germany, the rest of Europe are on the decline, and so will or already is the UK.

Thing is, I consider myself too old to emigrate somewhere else now, I was considering Canada in my 20s but eventually didn’t for various reasons; and don’t regret it (Turdeau is basically Canadian macron)

Australia and NZ? Fine countries but their current govt are also a joke.

We have nowhere left to hide, basically.

Maybe you can enroll to go to Mars?

Seriously speaking though, I believe that the influence of politicians on what we can do with our lives is rather limited.

-migrants/illegals/foreign felons/jihadists. He dares to make groundbreaking proposal. Out of our country.

You mean that he is playing the Trump, Johnson or Bolserano way of things ? Well yes he is
And that's why he may even get a significant amount of votes
But populism worked well in USA, Brasil or UK /sarcasm
I personaly would like to avoid Boulangism come back in France. We were already there a few times during our modern history

You mean that he is playing the Trump, Johnson or Bolserano way of things ? Well yes he is
And that's why he may even get a significant amount of votes
But populism worked well in USA, Brasil or UK /sarcasm
I personaly would like to avoid Boulangism come back in France. We were already there a few times during our modern history

« Boulangism »

I guess you probably meant poujadisme.

Anyways, I’m inclined to disagree but more power to anyone who think that Macron is the best candidate and should be re-elected.

The poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer. Middle class slowly but surely disappearing. « Salauds de pauvres », fascist hard working class white peoples that think we shouldn’t welcome at our expense all of the third world shitting out babies.

It’s their fault for being poor, heavily taxed while the GAFA don’t give a dime in taxes.

Well Madame Hidalgo had a funny idea, she seems to be on controlled substances. Common primaries for the left???? What's next???

Another « brillant » idea from « Macaron, to put the EU flag under the Arc de Triomphe instead of the French one.

Loving your avatar BTW, @BCNTM.

Can you guys help interfere in our election, make him lose his re-election and send him on some lost island far in the middle of the Atlantic.

If you do, I’ll do anything I can to help stop the Calais and northern French coast migrants mess, and we shall be friends again.

Deal?

Another « brillant » idea from « Macaron, to put the EU flag under the Arc de Triomphe instead of the French one.

Loving your avatar BTW, @BCNTM.

Can you guys help interfere in our election, make him lose his re-election and send him on some lost island far in the middle of the Atlantic.

If you do, I’ll do anything I can to help stop the Calais and northern French coast migrants mess, and we shall be friends again.

Deal?
I changed my normal one to a hellfire missile in response to Mardy's picture change - and I have no idea where the original one is

I do have one of Micron riding my little pony - but this one will suffice

As for us giving you a hand - the worst thing we could do at this moment - he is doing a fine job of destroying his chances himself:rolleyes:

Pound broke 1.20 to the Euro for the first time in ages today

Fair point. His main challenger at the moment would be Valérie Pecresse for Les Républicains.

I’m not thrilled by her, but rather her than the wanna be Napoleon/Jupiter who ultimately is just that: A pompous brat.

Also why always men for president? A woman could be a nice change. Affirmative action as the yanks say. Seriously if she’s elected and defeat Macaron and does a good job. Then I’m in.

Fair point. His main challenger at the moment would be Valérie Pecresse for Les Républicains.

I’m not thrilled by her, but rather her than the wanna be Napoleon/Jupiter who ultimately is just that: A pompous brat.
At least you have had a female PM - not like America

I am pretty sure you are in for another term of Micron to be honest - as the rest don't look much shakes and will drag voters off each other

Makes you wonder just how much he will have to stuff up to loose

Okay, but likewise America a President can only serve two terms and tenures here. We’re not Russia yet.

If it’s five more years with him, then be it.

It’s unfortunately true that, beside Pecresse none of the alternative to him are any good.