Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

My first 1911 style pistol in 45 ACP. It's actually my very first Turkish made firearm. It's a Tisas Zig PC 1911, it's imported into the US by SDS imports, DSS45R, it's a full size, 5 inch barrel. Retails for aprox. $ 600 US., but I was fortunate to win it in a gun raffle/pot for 35 bucks.

It's so fine, I'm so pleasantly surprised, it's now my favorite. I've only changed the grips, as the ones that came on it were cheap plastic...... that is the ONLY complaint I can throw at it. I've put about 300 rounds so far through it and it is VERY accurate. I'll edit this post and add a picture of said weapon.

I'm in AWE of all of the firearms shown in this thread, many of which are collection pieces, I hope my modern piece is not out of place.

20220327_222352.jpg20220327_222408.jpg

Last edited:
Something older (classic) and something newer... Both in 9mm.

My Browning Hi Power that my Dad ( now in his 80's ) passed on to me. Love it, fits so good in my hand relative to other handguns I've held.

It shoots and operates flawlessly, it's classic, but I shoot it and use it just like all my others. I only need to have the trigger pin looked at, as when shooting it tends to want to walk out.

My Glock clone..... Shadow Systems MR920L, 9mm.

This firearm was also won in a raffle/pot (lucky me), it shoots great and actually came with a

Trijicon RMO6 reddot sight installed, but I've removed it to get used to the iron sights first.

I'm probably going to get a riser for the Trijicon and put it on the AR15 I've won. I have been really lucky with firearms since last year.

20220329_090141.jpg

Something older (classic) and something newer... Both in 9mm.

My Browning Hi Power that my Dad ( now in his 80's ) passed on to me. Love it, fits so good in my hand relative to other handguns I've held.

It shoots and operates flawlessly, it's classic, but I shoot it and use it just like all my others. I only need to have the trigger pin looked at, as when shooting it tends to want to walk out.

My Glock clone..... Shadow Systems MR920L, 9mm.

This firearm was also won in a raffle/pot (lucky me), it shoots great and actually came with a

Trijicon RMO6 reddot sight installed, but I've removed it to get used to the iron sights first.

I'm probably going to get a riser for the Trijicon and put it on the AR15 I've won. I have been really lucky with firearms since last year.

View attachment 380181
Did my service with the Hi Power and use a Glock for my police career. My head loves the Glock but my heart belongs to the Hi Power ,-aus

This is my concealed carry, Ruger Max-9.

It's a snappy littleshit and not as fun to shoot as the others. I wanted a concealed carry and got it on sale for $350 after tax.

Shoots well and serves its purpose, but if I anything ever happened to it I would get over it pretty quick, unlike my other firearm

20220329_175432.jpg

News to share, this evening I was informed that I've won another handgun...... Canik METE SFX 9mm..... It's another Turkish gun and I am really looking forward to receiving it.

Been researching the 350 legend. A great idea but it does have a problem, the headspace to keep the thing not loose in the chamber relies on the mouth of the cartridge. So it can't be crimped. And crimping is need in a magazine to prevent compression from recoil.

Here's my Diamondback AR chambered in 5.56.

I won it last year and have not even shot it yet due to no outdoor range access and winter. Now it's nice and I have outdoor range access .... so will break in soon.
I've swapped out the buttstock and grip for a Daniel Defense set, and DD Iron sights + 32 rd mag...... feels/looks better to me.

DBAR.jpg

Supposedly my Canik METE SFX should be in today..... If so, will shoot tomorrow at the indoor range.

0YmnLPd.jpg

Ruger Ranch in 350 legend.

These don't cycle well. Have to chop the spring and add a little tape to the back. This will probably put some off but I don't mind.
The 5 round mag now cycles lucky 7.
5 R rifling and the power bedding sold me on this quit nice handling carbine.
It balances for carry a bit better than a CZ 527 carbine.
Barrels nice and centred in the forearm and the trigger is clean.

Took her to the range and with Win Whitetail 150gn it did a bit over and inch centre to centre 100m so sub moa. The Leupold VX1 1/4 in moa is more like 1/2 inch a 100m. Tracking was terrible. Not suitable for long range shooters.

A fella was there with a suppressed Browning 300 wsm and it wasn't much quieter than a 308. Heaps of smoke.
I was popping away and Im' pretty sure the deer will be as dead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was Winchester Deer Season XP 150 gn used today with the black polymer tip.
That was all they had in one of the most popular hunting shops in NZ.

Last edited:
That is a nice long barrel on it, how many inches? I miss my AR15, it was a great all-round rifle.
It has a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas block.

I'd like to purchase a 300 blackout upper with a shorter barrel to swap out now and then, but I would have to get a 200 dollar tax stamp for an SBR.

I'll probably just get another build with a lower marked "pistol" and forgo the tax stamp.... technicalities and such lol.

My mate had an AR15 with a 20" barrel. That thing could put holes in holes in holes all day, great range rifle. But damn it weighed a lot. He bought a CCMG .22LR insert for it and used it when we went possum culling. Not my idea of fun pointing that thing up at 45'+ angle.

I like playing with guns.

Here's a few rifles that I no longer own and got 'bought back' by the NZ Govt (even though they never owned them in the first place....well, maybe with one exception....) in 2019 thanks to one racist fvckwit and an ideologically driven Government....

20181030_191642.jpg

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

This M16A2 Clone was my absolute favourite and shot excellently.

IMG_0672 (2).JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

Last edited:
pkTfOXh.jpg

350 legend Ruger Ranch. Second under inch at 100m. This time Winchester Power Points 180gn.

Two in the same hole as Who-Tee-Who would call it.

The barrel is unreal easy to clean. For out of the box its like cleaning one with 500 through it. That hammered 5R rifling that Remington used to boast about really is something. Except now its on a budget priced rifle that shoots as good as a Sako or a Sauer.
It's a joy to carry. Though like the CZ 527. Pinky normally is on the mag.
Its shooting better than the CZ did at this stage and normally I have to reload to get under an inch despite all those sales stories about "this is a sub moa gauranteed rifle".
This is a genuine Sub Moa out of the box. Turn up at the range with a plastic stocked bottom of the market priced rifle, three shots and bugger off while the very often others including myself are there trying dozens of loads to get there.

Last edited:
I have 5 lots of 5 handloads in 357 mag. Hornady 225gn HP on Vittavouri N110 powder free.
Powder weights are on a piece of paper in a separate bag for each load.
If in Taupo vicinity collect em.

Had a few $ left over from the trip - squandered them on a new Ruger Mk IV 22/45. The big selling point for me was that it's left hand friendly. Ambi safety and reversible mag release.

After tracking showed it was in Nebr, I ordered a LH holster and a kit to do away with the magazine safety. I should be picking it up in the morning.
pic1a.jpg

Dressed up my Chiappa M1-22, still haven't actually shot it yet lol

I'm rather tempted to get one myself.

Have you seen this? Might help with the Chiappa magazine.

Back