Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

Seems to be a serious shortage of bronze bore brushes. On Amazon, Ebay and here in NZ.

Needed to clean out some carbon. Against some advice I smeared some Autosol on a patch and it blows out carbon.

Apparently its very abrasive though the grit size from what I can find on the net is quoted as 3000 to 9000 grit and JB paste which many use regularly for benchrest guns is around 1000 so far more coarser than the Autosol.
Read some fella had been using it for every cleaning and after 3000 count rounds the barrel was still winning matches.
Sort of wonder if the negative vibe against it is just the gun cleaning industry.
Looking down the bores of two barrels I've used it on,.. they look better then factory new.
Don't go crazy on it though. I put some on leather and stropped a blade on it and it polished out 1000 to 2000 grit scratches fairly swiftly.

On a very gusty day it cut the Mauser M18 group back down to 2 groups of 3 with two touching and one off to 1 moa. Core-lokt. Which was shooting 2 Moa or more prior to autosole.
The Bergara 308 about the same as before. No big improvement. But no worse either. Between two and one moa. Have noticed its not always a dead on cold bore shooter. Sometimes rarely at the range the first shot can be 6 moa off which is strange. Then I saw a review where neck sized ammo was used like mine and that also shot like that. The reviewer thought it was to do with how hard he closed the barrel. I'll try and repeat and see whats up.

My new toy. Kel Tech KS7 shotgun. Modified for the NZ Market with a longer barrel to bring it to 762mm and with a magazine plug to restrict it to five plus one 3" shells.

bGXFICTQrcUF18?width=1024&height=357&cropmode=none.jpg

Planning on using it on pigs and goats with slugs/buckshots. All my mates with shotguns made from walnut stock and silver inlaid blued barrels are horrified. But I'm not after ducks - just pests.

Next to arrive should be my side charging rifle.

My new toy. Kel Tech KS7 shotgun. Modified for the NZ Market with a longer barrel to bring it to 762mm and with a magazine plug to restrict it to five plus one 3" shells.

View attachment 346621

Planning on using it on pigs and goats with slugs/buckshots. All my mates with shotguns made from walnut stock and silver inlaid blued barrels are horrified. But I'm not after ducks - just pests.

Next to arrive should be my side charging rifle.
I'd love to see the reaction showing up to bust some clay pigeons with that ?

Bought a new bigger gun safe as I had two small safes and neither did a particularly good job at storing my firearms.

Then it turned out that the new safe was 15mm (2/3") too tall to fit under the stairs. Which resulted in me spending many hours with a minitool cutting out a gap into the bottom of the stairs to fit it.

Still I am pretty pleased with the end result.

0oTfp7joYTuano?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

And with all the rest of my shooting crap installed

30JlfVf92hFc1Q?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

Second safe on the left is being used for ammo and bolts. Sword belongs to the GF.

I wonder what NZ market is for such an interested rifle.
The ideas in it like for foresight style and no barrel bands brings to question why they went down the route of ramped foresights and a pair of barrel bands which can have various tension and interfere with harmonics, heating and corrosion.

Patent year and model manufacture year are on one of the pics.

Citadel Levtac 357 mag. Bought it to hunt and reload for low cost plinking.
5.8 lbs, No wood obviously but the plastic stock and alloy forearm are tight.
357 mag practically no recoil or noise. Less than the 7.62x39. But can shoot a 180 gn
This is for close shots to around 75m.
At the range it didn't love Fiocchi 180gn. Put 5 in a 3 inch bull at 30 m offhand, at 50m rested on knee could put two close and one 4 inches away.
bY6vn4v.jpg

5VO8aF9.jpg

Will replace foresight with fibre optic. When they drifted this sight in its on the piss. Take a suppressor.
TwFXjYb.jpg

Fairly thin kind of parkerized. But nice colour. Nice utilitarian look for it is just a tool. Large loop. Steel needs gloves in winter.
CMoqLhb.jpg

Rubber recoil pad is hard but better that the steel on the Rossi R92
3Di5uYs.jpg

No barrel band
Yg5gCpD.jpg

Hex screws holding the rail are rounded.

Nice cnc work on it. Am glad they no longer hand fit things as that skill is obviously dead.
The trigger is great. Felt a Browning Blr and a really nice looking Winchester 94. Liked both more. If I wanted a 308 though I'd stick with my Xbolt and the 30-30 in the 94 has more range but for open sights when you get past 100 really you need a scope and I'd go back to my Xbolt for that aswell.
This is just a plinker and bush walking gun.

Last edited:
Bought a new bigger gun safe as I had two small safes and neither did a particularly good job at storing my firearms.

Then it turned out that the new safe was 15mm (2/3") too tall to fit under the stairs. Which resulted in me spending many hours with a minitool cutting out a gap into the bottom of the stairs to fit it.

Still I am pretty pleased with the end result.

View attachment 363960

And with all the rest of my shooting crap installed

View attachment 363961

Second safe on the left is being used for ammo and bolts. Sword belongs to the GF.
Well how the F*** is Harry Potter guna fit it there now? ?

@TheKiwi have you had the opportunity to shoot your Warwick WFA1-L?

I am really curious about the way it feeds and if you have experienced any issues with its mechanism.

Talking about mechanisms
Was playing a Remlin 336, that's a Remington Freedom arms wall street budget manufactured Marlin lever action. The safety didn't work and the pivot screw for the lever came out.
Miroku made Winchester 94 lever rattled that would have frightened the deer in the next gully.
The bore in the Rossi Levtac was so bad it got returned. It was taking half the day to dissolve the copper. There were two fairly deep non concentric cuts in the rifling. Not sure how they made that and the cutter had vibrated the length of the bore as if no lubricant was used.
The screws for the picatinny rail on the barrel vibrated out, actually I have found that's not particularly unusual my Bergara did the same. Barrel's vibrate. Needs high tolerance good size screws instead of the miniature ones they use along with lock tight permanent.
Somethings to be aware of.
Pity the quality that must have come out of factories during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Its a 44 mag built by Amadeo Rossi somewhere between 2000 and 2009.
Wood is Rubber Wood. Yes same tree for actual rubber. It reminds me of NZ Kauri which I like. Little bright for hunting. The stainless is well pollished. At around 2000 Amadeo switched to CNC and around 09 they added a safety on the receiver which most prefer they didn't so its been made in a sweet spot for Rossi. Bore looks nice and smooth for a Rossi. Easy to clean.
Shot PPU at moa barn door and Leverrevolution from Hornady at 2moa more or less open sights old eyes 50m.
Went home with a bruised shoulder from the steel butt "pad"
After creating a witness mark for the rear sight, managed to tin arse tap over the rear sight with hammer to adjust it for windage perfectly the first time.

TLdqYJB.jpg

After putting a witness mark on trhe barrel

Last edited:
Its a 44 mag built by Amadeo Rossi somewhere between 2000 and 2009.
Wood is Rubber Wood. Yes same tree for actual rubber. It reminds me of NZ Kauri which I like. Little bright for hunting. The stainless is well pollished. At around 2000 Amadeo switched to CNC and around 09 they added a safety on the receiver which most prefer they didn't so its been made in a sweet spot for Rossi. Bore looks nice and smooth for a Rossi. Easy to clean.
Shot PPU at moa barn door and Leverrevolution from Hornady at 2moa more or less open sights old eyes 50m.
Went home with a bruised shoulder from the steel butt "pad"
After creating a witness mark for the rear sight, managed to tin arse tap over the rear sight with hammer to adjust it for windage perfectly the first time.

View attachment 371643
After putting a witness mark on trhe barrel
Thinking of getting one in 357, probably go for blued rather than stainless though.

Back