Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

I'm rather tempted to get one myself.

Have you seen this? Might help with the Chiappa magazine.

I wonder if it's hollow? the Chiappa comes with 10round box magazines, but they do look a little plasticky if ya know what i mean.

No harm in asking him. He seems like a pretty decent dude to deal with.

Any of you run thermal scopes on your rifles? can anyone recommend one that will handle the recoil of a .308 or AK?

Dunno but there is a lot of thermals here in NZ. The animals get no peace now. They used to spend their nights nocturnally feeding and gettin fat, better heads for trophies.

I think all its done is made it easy for lazy bonnet hunters. Shoot from the vehicle and the animals are less meat and poorer heads if all they want is a trophy.
A local got shot walking along a forestry road in the dark. Spotlighting deer has always been a thing in NZ but thermals make it easier to shoot them.
They banned spotlighting on public land. Another local got shot in the head at a camp by the road by some young kid using a spot light. She had a headlight on so he thought it was deer eye reflecting back.

Son knows an importer from China and is selling them for 4 times the price he gets them for. Does that reflect the failure rate? Warranty for electronics on ordinary scopes is only two or five years. Even on Leupold which have lifetime transferable warranty on the rest of the same scope.
Some guys just use a thermal handheld and flick on the spot lights when they see one.

My mate bought a Thermal Scope from Guncity. First time he tested it at my dads farm he discovered that basically everything is warm. Rocks, trees, cars, houses, people, animals, everything. Couldn't see the wood for the trees or the possums for the trees either. He sold it.

An acquaintance and his brother were watching a massive trophy stag during the night and waited till dawn to shoot it.
It simply wandered away in the morning gloom. Still too dark to really identify it and shoot legally.
... the anti - climax was severe.

Is that a bull bbl M10?
Yes. I found that there's not a lot of difference between the standard weight and the heavy barreled versions. They stopped making the standard weight back in the early 90s, maybe even before that but they were still selling them new in 1992. The heavy barrel M10 is still in production albeit with changes. I wish that they'd bring the 3" M10 or M13 back into production.

I has a seized and rounded screw on an alloy piccatiny scope base. Tried lost of tricks..CRC and soldering iron to heat screw to no avail. Drilled down into it with a milling bit then got chicken that the stub was going to be short. Cut a V next to screw and broke off the rail. and carefully dremeled away the metal to reveal the screw. Found the stub length would be safe and chopped off the head then used pliers to unscrew it
The thread was ok no rust but it had fused to the alloy rail by galvanic corrosion. Thick rust.

Not a firearm by definition, but it's quite accurate. Crosman 22 cal 362 pumper with add-on steel breech. Dusted off an old Weaver K3-F scope (literally) and have it secured. Ring necked doves better be checking their life insurance policies!
Cros8.JPG

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My mate bought a Thermal Scope from Guncity. First time he tested it at my dads farm he discovered that basically everything is warm. Rocks, trees, cars, houses, people, animals, everything. Couldn't see the wood for the trees or the possums for the trees either. He sold it.
We have a iAiming 617, can confirm, in winters all the rocks shine white, in summer, everything looks white. Takes a bit of getting used to but quite handing seeing stuff you wouldn't under normal lights. On the plus side i always know how much diesel is in our diesel tank.

not firearms per se, but related.... can anyone ID the calibre of this cartridge?
from left to right, 7,62x39, 7,62 NATO, unidentified, 8mm Mauser...
20220809_120134[1].jpgh20220809_120202[1].jpg

At the Shooting range with a Glock 22 chambered in 9mm

The end of Winchester Lever firearms?

Model 1892 Trapper

Down below..no longer in production . On many of them. All lever models. Hopefully its only a minor change likes new sights or something.
May have to to buy one. A shipment is coming into NZ next month.

Finally got my new aquisitions hm, will have to take some pics. 1914 no1mk3 that needs just a cpl of bits to be complete, a 12g side by side, and a short barrel, hammer action side by side.

Back