Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

Right Warwick WF1-L ready for first testing tomorrow.

q1ZbTwiGyKuU3M?width=2000&height=868&cropmode=none.jpg

ry7Yi5jMAN3Xd8?width=2000&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

Fitted with a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 scope and a suppressor. Going to try out various flavours of .223 and see which ones it shoots best with. From various youtube reviews it looks like it prefers 55gr soft tips and I have plenty of those to start off with.

Finally picked it up today. A little on the heavy side but I'm a big boi so that wont be an issue. Tested it with some cheap snap caps and it functions perfectly, my daughter enjoyed loading the tube magazine. ?

Attachments

• 572.jpg
    572.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 79
rFMFZr8.jpg

Sanded of the varnish and oiled it. The wood looks soft but tested it with thumbnail pressure and didn't leave a mark like in Beech or Walnut.
Brazilian Hardwood. Had a knife that had Cocobola wood handles/scales and that was like steel. Have to wonder how the hell a tree with such hardwood manages to get water into it.
Cut a slot into the rear sight ladder so it could be lowered for zero. Apparently this is a Rossi serial issue. No bother though. Dremel bzzzrrr and it was done.
The forearm band screw was bent so straightened that and locktigted it in . Forearm looks so nice and tight I don't reckon floating and bedding with epoxy would do any good.

Shot a mature stag few days ago. Cold shot hit where it was aimed.
Chest front on, heart shot. Did exactly like they reckon on Terminal Ballistics. Looked drunk, few steps, fell over, died.
Massive tissue damage. More than 270 or 308 in whatever projectile. Not much noise from the 44. Very humane and its ideal for hunting over a dog.

View attachment 372748

Sanded of the varnish and oiled it. The wood looks soft but tested it with thumbnail pressure and didn't leave a mark like in Beech or Walnut.
Brazilian Hardwood. Had a knife that had Cocobola wood handles/scales and that was like steel. Have to wonder how the hell a tree with such hardwood manages to get water into it.
Cut a slot into the rear sight ladder so it could be lowered for zero. Apparently this is a Rossi serial issue. No bother though. Dremel bzzzrrr and it was done.
The forearm band screw was bent so straightened that and locktigted it in . Forearm looks so nice and tight I don't reckon floating and bedding with epoxy would do any good.

Shot a mature stag few days ago. Cold shot hit where it was aimed.
Chest front on, heart shot. Did exactly like they reckon on Terminal Ballistics. Looked drunk, few steps, fell over, died.
Massive tissue damage. More than 270 or 308 in whatever projectile. Not much noise from the 44. Very humane and its ideal for hunting over a dog.
I'll eventually get one of these in .357/.38 special. .357 for killing stuff, .38 for plinking.

Its getting harder to get ammo. Buffalo hot loads aren't existent in NZ and the new Hammerdown with fussion projectiles I can only see in one store and thanks to our aunty state laws.. too much of a hassle to get hold of.
Get into reloading, the levers are more particular with harmonics so for accuracy need a tailored load to get the best.
Shoot the magnum as its pretty mild. Brass will last along time with the straight wall.

Its getting harder to get ammo. Buffalo hot loads aren't existent in NZ and the new Hammerdown with fussion projectiles I can only see in one store and thanks to our aunty state laws.. too much of a hassle to get hold of.
Get into reloading, the levers are more particular with harmonics so for accuracy need a tailored load to get the best.
Shoot the magnum as its pretty mild. Brass will last along time with the straight wall.
I was going to split a reloading kit between a couple of mates but with the non existent supply of primers that is well and truly on the back burner. Sticking with factory ammo for now and saving the casings.

I get my stuff from a custom reloader. Makes fancy loads for subsonic, long range and dangerous game shooters. Get good advice at the same time.
I never knew an ordinary bullet seating die can also crimp. Unscrew the seating stem and turn the die in a 1/4 turn. Press and its crimped. Found that out last week. Does better deals aswell.

If one is looking at reloading for the lever. Get a die set that has an available seating stem designed for the the pointy Hornady FTX projectile. The FTX is a hollow point connected to the polymer tip and the tip collapses using an ordinary stem when pressed... Lee can make you one if you live in the US. Or find someone who would kindly bother to take time to make a one off.

EtZxetvknIIOe4?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none.jpg

A fun morning spent zeroing the scope on the Jard J72. I REALLY REALLY like it. It's my new favourite. That .17 WSM round shoots so flat and accurate. With a bit of practice I think I'd be doing sub MOA at 100 meters without too much issue.

one for you guys:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I hate to say it, but those weapons are all fake.......??? Start with the AK, it's the most obvious, then look at the others, Prop guns???

Unexpectedly sold the Rossi for same price payed.
Looking at other variables for a light short bush rifle.
Ruger 77/44. Has variable comments for it's accuracy. Big dispersion from less than moa to dinner plate groups. Stock needs bedding, lawyer happy trigger needs to go, and the two part bolt may need shimming. But may have good potential for better accuracy than a lever. Only 5.2 lbs. Non in country anyway
Bergara BA13. A 308 16 inch barrel comes in at 6.4 lbs then take out of the barrel .35 lbs for a .44 cal its just a bit over 6lbs. Should be pretty accurate, though its still like a lever with the barrel connected to the forearm, careful about forearm tension when resting it. Good value and all stainless, though need to at-least paint the barrel for hunting.
Howa mini action, carbon stock in 350 legend, cerakoted. Same powder capacity as the 44 mag. Better down range energy than a 44 slug. Better accuracy potential. 5.7 lbs scoped.

I'd go the Howa mini action myself. With the CF stock it should be super light for what you get. I'm looking at one for myself in .223.

Back