Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

Gave my .17WSM Jard J72 a cammo job. Lots of work. Sanded it down give the primer something to adhere too. Two coats of primer. Four different paints, then two coats of semi-gloss varnish (each needing a rest of 24 hours before the next coat) and then a final coat of matt varnish.

3WmJ8PLKoK__Q?width=3946&height=1019&cropmode=none.jpg

Then went to a mates farm where we set up some steel at 200 meters. Shooter of the day was my mate John with his Tikka T3 in .223. The three shots circled in red were less than 2.5cm (1 inch) across at 200 meters. Thats like 0.5 MOA.

ncZEBfOE1879k?width=1536&height=2048&cropmode=none.jpg

Gave my .17WSM Jard J72 a cammo job. Lots of work. Sanded it down give the primer something to adhere too. Two coats of primer. Four different paints, then two coats of semi-gloss varnish (each needing a rest of 24 hours before the next coat) and then a final coat of matt varnish.

View attachment 418727

Nice, pretty cool cartridge. Possum gun?

For something different among all the military guns, here's a flintlock "blanket gun" in 54 cal. Also used by natives for handy hunting running game (like buffalo) from horseback.
IMG_0222 (2).JPG

IMG_0223 (2).JPG

A friend had a spare piece of cherry wood he cut into the basic shape of a "gunstock war club" as used by plains natives. I finished and decorated it to go with the flintlock. I even shot the turkey for authentic decoration feathers! ;)
IMG_0219 (2).JPG

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a firearm by definition, but it's quite accurate. Crosman 22 cal 362 pumper with add-on steel breech. Dusted off an old Weaver K3-F scope (literally) and have it secured. Ring necked doves better be checking their life insurance policies!
View attachment 391910

On the air rifle front, my .177 precharged pneumatic - a Falcon FN12SW.

Bought it secondhand in about 1996 - worked in a warehouse all through summer to save money for my first year at university and then bought that instead.
Wanted a rifle for field target shooting but since I was a very scrawny 17 year old, found that hunting rifles seemed to be a lot lighter and easier to handle so bought that - the 12 inch version- rather than the FN19, the 19 inch version. The SW in the name is for sporting walnut, the other one is SB for sporting beech. Doesn't make any difference to how it shoots but my walnut one is definitely prettier than the beech versions.

Hasn't been fired in about twelve years but it still pristine, other than the brass bits could do with a runover with some brasso.

Falcon.jpg

No local pests/vermin (of the non-human kind of course) that you could use it on Gaz? Does it require a license to own?

The walnut definitely looks very tasty!

Nothing beyond rats or rabbits really - do have an actual problem with rats in my garden since it backs straight onto a railway cutting but probably wouldn't shoot at them since the gardens are all quite small and not really fair on the neighbours. Will stick to poisoning the little s**ts - everything is in wildlife proof bait stations so the local cats, birds and squirrels can't get into it.

Nope, no licence required since the muzzle energy is under 12 foot pounds - you can essentially have a heavy pellet going slower or a light pellet going faster but as long as that doesn't exceed 12 foot pounds then no licence required.

IMG-20230507-WA0003.jpeg

Picked up this Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle Musket the other day. The wood borer have had a field day on the stock but it has been treated. Will just be a display piece anyway. 1858 Tower marked.
Have also picked up another 5 no1 mk3's in various states of repair and a no4 mk1.

Upgraded my Warwick WF-1 with an adjustable stock and some 10/30 round Magpull magazines - the magazines still only hold the 10 rounds that is the legal limit in NZ, but they give a lot more length for easy insertion and removal. It also makes the rifle look better (IMHO).

xaOT-rRcBq3-F8?width=1080&height=392&cropmode=none.jpg

duF4GP6dRhpHkw?width=1080&height=471&cropmode=none.jpg

my friends, cordial greeting, I come to you to request your help to identify these 2 weapons that we have in the Military Museum of Colombia and we have not been able to determine their name:

TEMPORAL 138.JPG

MAS38.JPG

I appreciate your help!

Bottom one looks French. I swear Ian from Forgotten Weapons has done a video on it but then he has about 3000 videos so finding it is tricky.

Hey all, here are my most prized possession of firearms i currently own.
I've owned many in the past, though sold most of them as .. a lot of money goes into this hobby!

First is a Vietcong K-50M, these are Chinese PPSh-41's (Type-50) which the North Vietnamese modified and gave to the Vietcong. This example is estimated to date around 1964.
2nd is a Chinese Type-53 DPM, dated 1954. For what i can tell, these firearms were only ever sent to North Korea and Vietnam so how this one ended up in Europe, your guess is as good as mine. What i do know though, is that it looks fantastic with this battle worn look!

IMG-20211023-WA0000(1).jpg
IMG-20211023-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211023-WA0019.jpg
20220428_212347.jpg
IMG_9565-30.jpg
IMG_9566-31.jpg
IMG_9567-32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I might just have picked up a replacement Ruger 10/22. Photos to follow once I have finished configuring it.

Well testing with the new rifle went .... poorly. Lots of misfeeds and dubious accuracy. I can see I'm going to need to do a fair bit of maintenance on it before I take it out again.

Back