Terror Murder in Northern Ireland

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Woman killed in ‘terrorist’ shooting in Londonderry, Northern Ireland

The victim was a 29-year-old was a journalist covering the violence.

Tensions have reportedly been building up ahead of Easter. Many Irish Republicans commemorate the armed insurrection against British rule in 1916 that became known as the Easter Rising.

When will the people of Northern Ireland bury their hatred for each other?

There is still an argument between catholic & protestant whether the place should be called Londonderry or Derry, jeez just change the name completely and that issue will be sorted :confused:

Rest in Peace . are the tensions in northern ireland purely religious and between catholics and protestans . or are there more to it ?

The conflict was primarily political and nationalistic, fuelled by historical events. It also had an ethnic or sectarian dimension, although it was not a religious conflict. A key issue was the constitutional status of Northern Ireland. Unionists/loyalists, who were mostly Protestants, wanted Northern Ireland to remain within the United Kingdom. Irish nationalists/republicans, who were mostly Catholics, wanted Northern Ireland to leave the United Kingdom and join a united Ireland.

The issues in Northern Ireland were commonly known as 'The Troubles'

Northern Ireland continues to face a number of issues to obtain peace and reconciliation.
They include reducing sectarian strife, dealing with a legacy of violence; a history of paramilitary and dissident activity and generating further economic development.

it's interesting to know how religion can kill in the UK too

Very true mate its all about organised crime now I think and they attempt to legitimise it by connecting them themselves to the IRA.

The Police believe the lone gunman armed with a hand gun and fired ten shots was a member of the so called 'New IRA'

Hardly religion nowadays. RIP to that woman.

IRA or « New IRA » : same scumbags to me.

It's a rinse and repeat scenario of the bomb that went off a few months ago outside Belfast courthouse . The police conduct raids , the real IRA retaliate . No doubt criminal activity is taking place , but the criminals will use the troubles as a front to continue their activities .

2 arrested on suspicion of Lyra Mckee murder

18 and 19 year olds , Jesus . I did read a phone line was opened regards anyone with any information which has led to many leads concerning this case . I think it's going to be a case of the local community coming forward with names to break up these criminal gangs . Whether the local community then in turn receive reprisals remains to be seen .

Any information would have been given confidentially I guess so unless the source of the intel goes blabbing it about to others in the community that they have informed they should be safe enough

Couldnt resist sharing this from Mess.Net member Asheren

His theory is that the gunman/boy was acting in defence of his country and apparently it is the fault of Brexit, British Nationalists and PM Mrs May that the journalist was murdered. He clearly doesn't understand that the rioting was as a result of police search warrants executed at addresses in Londonderry/Derry looking for firearms.

Your government is threathening to destroy lives of thousands. Generations who built theirs entire lives around border not in their backyard. I didn't even for a second came to their thick skulls some might defend that.

waiting for an explanation from him which I doubt will hold any water at all :confused:

Last edited:
Couldnt resist sharing this from Mess.Net member Asheren

His theory is that the gunman/boy was acting in defence of his country and apparently it is the fault of Brexit, British Nationalists and PM Mrs May that the journalist was murdered. He clearly doesn't understand that the rioting was as a result of police search warrants executed at addresses in Londonderry/Derry looking for firearms.

waiting for an explanation from him which I doubt will hold any water at all :confused:

He is a character is t'old asheren . Tends to take a media driven view of the world . Don't know if he ll switch to mi . We shall wait and see......

Using other people's misery and loss for scoring some political points is the lowest of the low, she is a gutter crawler:mad:

Whilst the hypocrisy of the SNP has no bounds .. when they allow the a PRO IRA Terrorist Supporters March ,,, whilst a few weeks before they take exception of a incident that happend a Rangers Game . And that useless excuse of a Justice Minister giving it all the Anti Bigotry Bs .