Crime Two 14 year olds arrested on conspiracy to murder

bfc1001

Mi General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net

Got to say , this is a mental health issue . I'll say the classroom environment these two kids were dropped into was the wrong environment hence their frustration at their fellow peers . I mean , could these kids get locked up for 50 years or something ridiculous like that ? Crazy .

I doubt they will be incarcerated in a main stream juvenile prison, as you say it is more like a mental health issue and they should be subjected to treatment of that sort. I also doubt that the issue has been created at school only, they should look at their home life too. It is possible that they have been subjected to some level of abuse at some point.

A very tragic development in the lives of these two young people, I only hope the local authorities do right by them.

I'm not sure if writing down a plot to kill somebody is enough for a conviction. No matter how detailed the plan may be.

What? You're asking what that fire is? Ugh...ehm...I'm...I'm just burning some old love letters from my ex. ;)

I'm not sure if writing down a plot to kill somebody is enough for a conviction. No matter how detailed the plan may be.

If they were adults here in the UK it could be enough but other conditions for a child should be taken into account as I pointed out in my previous post. (mental health, possible abuse etc)

All that is required to prove conspiracy is that two or more people made an agreement to commit a criminal act, that said and in this case they should look at if the kids had the means to do what they had agreed to do and did they take any further steps to complete their plan. (not normally required)

The USA
Under most U.S. laws, for a person to be convicted of conspiracy, not only must he or she agree to commit a crime, but at least one of the conspirators must commit an overt act (the actus reus) in furtherance of the crime. However, in United States v. Shabani the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that this "overt act" element is not required under the federal drug conspiracy statute, 21 U.S.C. section 846.

Obviously we have limited information so i am unaware of they took any "Overt steps" or if they just had a plan and agreement.

Back