Other Post Movie One Liners

Jack-Sparrow

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
Lets have some of your favorite Movie One Liners boys & Girls (Y)

Dont just have to be Military though

Apocalypse Now, (1979), “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory”, Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall)

Top Gun, (1986), “Your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash”, Captain Tom “Stinger” Jordan (James Tolkan)

Braveheart, (1995), “The almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he’s pretty sure you’re F***ed”, Stephen (David O’Hara)

Braveheart, (1995), “Every man dies. Not every man really lives”, William Wallace (Mel Gibson)

Con Air, (1997), “There’s only two men I trust. One of ’em’s me, the other one’s not you”, Cameron Poe (Nicolas Cage)

Mil-smile01

“When I go home people will ask me, ‘Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?’ You know what I’ll say? I won’t say a goddamn word. Why? They won’t understand. They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is.”

Norman “Hoot” Hooten, “Black Hawk Down” (2001)

“Are you smoking this sh-t so’s to escape from reality? Me, I don’t need this sh-t, I am reality. There’s the way it ought to be, and there’s the way it is.”

Staff Sgt. Barnes, “Platoon” (1986)

Star Wars..The Empire Strikes Back 1980: "Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me". – Darth Vader

Hell Divers..1931 "Bury me at sea..and send me stuff to Mame".Wallace Beery as USN CPO "Windy" on his death bed...

"You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it's all about." — Michael, "The Deer Hunter" (1978)
"Keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I'll see you on the beach." — Capt. John Miller, "Saving Private Ryan" (1998)

And one of my faves

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." — Maximus, "Gladiator" (2000)

"They call me Mister Tibbs!" - In The Heat of the Night
"If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Taken
"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!" - The Wizard of Oz

I love this one, I have been known to wander around work mumbling these two:
"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
"I see dead people." - The Sixth Sense
;)

Soylent Green is people! - Thorn, Soylent Green

Shotgun and a backup man, professionals. - Frank Bullitt, Bullitt

"What we have here... is failure t'communicate."

The warden in Cool Hand Luke.

"We thought about it for a long time... Endeavor to persevere... And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josie Wales.

Last edited:
From Billy Jack..1971..not exactly a one liner but still..watch the video for the full effect.

[Billy Jack is surrounded by Posner's thugs]

Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?

Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?

Mr. Posner: [laughing] That's right, you don't.

Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?

Mr. Posner: Tell me.

Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face......and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Mr. Posner: Really?

Billy Jack: Really.

[kicks Posner's right cheek, sending him to the ground]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
"Shane"....1953....greatest western ever produced.Alan Ladd, Shane, says to gunslinger Jack Wilson played by Jack Palance..

"I heard you wuz a low down Yankee liar..."

Great scene..please watch..

Say this words with anger and forcefullness

Negosyo o Kalayaan!!!! ( Business or Freedom !!!!)
Bayan o Sarili !!!!! (Country or Self interest!!!)
Choose !!!???
Juan Luna

"The Roaring Twenties"..1939 "He use to be a big shot..." Panama Smith played by Gladys George.

This was the final line of the film. Please watch the clip

Another Cagney flick..."Angels with Dirty Faces"...1938.

"The Yellow rat wuz gonna spit in my eye" says the prison guard after Rocky Sullivan, James Cagney, on the way to the electric chair looks like a tough guy until he gets there....please watch...

"Return of the Jedi"..1983. "And now young Skywalker..you will die" says the emperor to Luke Skywalker.

"Star Wars" ...1977. "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper"..Princess Leia ,Carrier Fisher, to Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill.

Two seated intellectuals go far less than a brute who walks.

A taxi for Tobruk, 1961. French movie

"Shane"....1953....greatest western ever produced.Alan Ladd, Shane, says to gunslinger Jack Wilson played by Jack Palance..

"I heard you wuz a low down Yankee liar..."

Great scene..please watch..

My dad always told me I was named for this movie, he loves his cowboy flicks and so do I ;)

Henry Fonda as Tom Joad "I'll be there" speech in Grapes of Wrath 1940..starts at 30 seconds

Dirty Harry 1971. Clint Eastwood as SFPD Inspector Callahan utter these words.. do you feel lucky punk? Starts at 1:37.. what the heck...watch the whole clip.:D

Mre one liners by Clint Eastwood from the Dirty Harry films;
  • Dirty Harry.
  • Magnum Force.
  • The Enforcer.
  • Sudden Impact.
  • The Dead Pool.