Photos Israeli Defence Forces

1578321922690.png

Israeli YAMAM SF operative during a raid in the West Bank city of Jenin, January 18, 2018

8? Jesus, that's all flying cancelled, while they strip them, admittedly they will dry quick, but you have contamination, fuel system, oxygen system, avionics, and by the time you change everything, it wont actually work, as you've introduced so many new components...….

Underground bases, great idea....

8? Jesus, that's all flying cancelled, while they strip them, admittedly they will dry quick, but you have contamination, fuel system, oxygen system, avionics, and by the time you change everything, it wont actually work, as you've introduced so many new components...….

Underground bases, great idea....

I suspect write off, as judging by the photos "old blocks" F-16s were affected.

It depends, a cavalier attitude would be strip the engine, drain fuel and hyds, change ejection seat, leave the aircraft for 2 weeks to dry out, re build, test taxi, then some brave soul gets to fly it. Probably be fine....

Manufacturer would suggest a full major/overhaul, complete rewire, etc.

Basic aircraft is at least showerproof, but this emersion, I never saw this happen, so not sure where to go. There will be a lot of manuals being consulted, I cant believe the claim to have them flying by next week.

It depends, a cavalier attitude would be strip the engine, drain fuel and hyds, change ejection seat, leave the aircraft for 2 weeks to dry out, re build, test taxi, then some brave soul gets to fly it. Probably be fine....

Manufacturer would suggest a full major/overhaul, complete rewire, etc.

Basic aircraft is at least showerproof, but this emersion, I never saw this happen, so not sure where to go. There will be a lot of manuals being consulted, I cant believe the claim to have them flying by next week.

Military ac are mostly (always) not civilian rated but somebody has to recertify it. Lots of work there, rewiring for example is a must.

It must be basically stripped up to the bare frame and get many replacement parts.

Military ac are mostly (always) not civilian rated but somebody has to recertify it. Lots of work there, rewiring for example is a must.

It must be basically stripped up to the bare frame and get many replacement parts.

In short, if you are planning to buy "lightly used" F-16C from Israel get a Carfax report. :p

Thanks. Must an older model, then. Don't see it for sale anywhere in the US.
And you only need north of $9000 for the Dan. The MESLAS was introduced in 2014 but I can't find any sellers for it.

Brothers Noam and Nadav have been inseparable since they were born. They continue to be by each other’s sides during their service in the IDF, where they serve as combat soldiers in the elite battalion of the Givati Brigade.
FB_IMG_1579937705560.jpg
FB_IMG_1579937703446.jpg

Via IDF Official FB Page