Warfare HAMAS attack on Israel, October 2023

Terrorists set up a camping at the University of Amsterdam yesterday afternoon demanding the university breaks all connections with Israeli universities which the university was willing to do. The mayor of Amsterdam negotiated and came to the same conclusion as Israel: that negotiating with terrorists is a waste of time.

As we say in the Netherlands: "Lange latten, korte metten" (big sticks, short work)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The university put out a statement condemning the actions of the mayor and the police.
Burn the University Down !

Haven't seen flares like that for 54 years. I'm sure it is nothing new over there but you rarely see them on news. No doubt these are newer designed but we used surplus Naval Flares left over from WWII.

ww2 ? damn.... so almost 80 years later and these flares still work fine?

He served in the early 70s ;)

Every country still has these star shell flares in inventory, but western militaries use them less often due to night vision equipment being more available.

How much are parents paying Columbia to educate their idiot kids again?

I admit that the Friedrichstadt-Palast in Berlin is a huge theater, but to make it it's own nation state ... 🤨

It's also way too capitalist. A small fully government-funded theater specializing in blind Tibetan transgender yodeling would fit them much better.

Last edited:

Not the first time they've done this, first time it's been on camera though, I think?

He served in the early 70s ;)

Every country still has these star shell flares in inventory, but western militaries use them less often due to night vision equipment being more available.
I was in the service in 1965 to 1970, we had stock piles of WWII flares which were the original flares shot from deck guns to light up a night engagement. They were slightly shorter than a 50 gal drum and each evening the light ship would load up placing them into a 50 gal drum cut in half mounted to a purpose made frame to keep them outside the ship, previously before they were stored outside we lost one light ship. They have a long hang time but you can set the ignition altitude and they all came with a steel cable to attach to the bracket. This wasn't a star shell, it was an aerial flare attached to a parachute. The slow descent or contrail is what I recognize, my past vision was working above and below the flares. If you were on the ground looking up you wouldn't be able to see much they were so bright.

If any are left I am sure they work. They were all stored in ammunition bunkers in peace time like a lot of other out of production wares. It was 57 years ago if you count the 3 years I was busy every night dropping those flares or someone else was dropping them. We also had a hand popper flare that resembled a road flare and you just popped the bottom with one hand to fire it, there was no parachute on those. In early 68 we had left over 20 pound bombs that the Air Force had left behind when they were pulled out of our airfield, they were used on the Douglas Sky Raiders that operated on our field. The front skid step up had lash down eyes that made good sights if your altitude was just right and anything passing under that eye with a bomb dropped it would be pretty near what you had seen when you dropped it. If I remember right the arming mechanism had to spin 250 times before it could explode,. a small propeller that was safety wired on the arming insert. On a sky raider when dropped the wire was broken from the mount. We were beginning to use them up and Division sent down a directive to cease using them and it wasn't long all of the left overs were removed from all the ammo dumps at the airfields, probably handed over to the VNAF since they were still flying the sky raider.

Not the first time they've done this, first time it's been on camera though, I think?
Exactly why I call them heathens and often get a lot of hate. I think facebook is the worst of the censoring freaks. I don't miss facebook at all.

How much are parents paying Columbia to educate their idiot kids again?

HA!! Now that really does say it all.......just amazing!!!

"Karen in America"... this guy is f***ing killing me.
These kids are proof that our education system is totally bankrupt. None of them would go far in life because they aren't learning any craft or specialty . They have nothing better to do other than destroy property and whine about things someone told them to whine about. To be honest the only ones learning something are the Jewish community students. I have no doubt they are in danger when you have half the palestinian population here posing as students. It is all by design and long term planning. All these people have a very skewed picture of American society and think we are all weak. There are at least one half of the population of America that would shoot one of these instigators and enjoy it. The only persons not armed in America today are simply FOOLS.

These kids are proof that our education system is totally bankrupt. None of them would go far in life because they aren't learning any craft or specialty . They have nothing better to do other than destroy property and whine about things someone told them to whine about. To be honest the only ones learning something are the Jewish community students. I have no doubt they are in danger when you have half the palestinian population here posing as students. It is all by design and long term planning. All these people have a very skewed picture of American society and think we are all weak. There are at least one half of the population of America that would shoot one of these instigators and enjoy it. The only persons not armed in America today are simply FOOLS.
The problem with her is that she's not a kid. She belongs to the generation of hard core lefties, who produced the current crop of campus kafiya idiots.

Terrorists set up a camping at the University of Amsterdam yesterday afternoon demanding the university breaks all connections with Israeli universities which the university was willing to do. The mayor of Amsterdam negotiated and came to the same conclusion as Israel: that negotiating with terrorists is a waste of time.

As we say in the Netherlands: "Lange latten, korte metten" (big sticks, short work)

The university put out a statement condemning the actions of the mayor and the police.
Today the trash squatted some university buildings. The bulldozers and K-9s are at it again. Maybe actually charging them with the violence they're committing against the police might work instead of letting them go right away? :rolleyes: