Politics British Politics

Why the hate over Germany by the Brits? I mean seriously the Brexiteers here in this forum are salivating over watching Germany go into recession
Easy populist path.
Ww2, jerries and Adolf are the easiest words to triger a reaction in the reptilian brains of some chavs.
No need to go further.

call another independence vote then? but give all the UK a vote this time

Its like most things its not the ones that march that make the difference its the ones that don't and I guess that 200,000 is not over half the population
we won't need your help ... the totally partial BBC are claiming now the figure was an exaggeration lol .. they are looking at a £280 million black hole if we leave they rake in £360 million through the tv license in Scotland and spend only £80 million in Scotland

we won't need your help ... the totally partial BBC are claiming now the figure was an exaggeration lol .. they are looking at a £280 million black hole if we leave they rake in £360 million through the tv license in Scotland and spend only £80 million in Scotland
£100m if you would actually stop dodging the license...............

the issue you have got is that all the rest of the content you get is paid for by the English

plenty of reruns of Balamory coming up :rolleyes:

Easy populist path.
Ww2, jerries and Adolf are the easiest words to triger a reaction in the reptilian brains of some chavs.
No need to go further.
Chavs would struggle with the 3 words you have mentioned as they are only concerned with breeding like rabbits, drugs, booze and when the next giro is due:rolleyes:

What happened to Germany. When recession hits they usually roll out the restructuring playbook. Austerity and sell their assets.

that so called 250,000

FB_IMG_1570466219047.webp

Germany has been shipping out its good jobs and how to make stuff for last few decades. Supposedly there was a great return for doing so.
The greeks would at this stage write a classical tragedy to reflect the nature of the whole affair.

Germany has been shipping out its good jobs and how to make stuff for last few decades. Supposedly there was a great return for doing so.
The greeks would at this stage write a classical tragedy to reflect the nature of the whole affair.

Well industrial production increased a lot since 2010now it decreased 0,9 % but had a previous increase of 1 % .

The truth at the moment is there are lots of highly educated people needed and I see man shortages all around.

Graph:

shorturl.at/BNVW2

Overall to fall back to 2009 levels there is still plenty of room. And it was ok back then no burning trash cans on the street :)

Also trade with the UK nearly evaporated 3,5 bill. € less.

As a trade partner the UK fell from position 5 in 2016 to position 13 in 2019, behind Poland.

https://www.zeit.de/wirtschaft/2019-10/brexit-aussenhandel-holger-bingmann-export-konjunktur

Last edited:
EU never wanted a deal - we should have left 3 years ago and saved another £40bn we have chucked away supporting this corrupt regime
I think the opposite, this is all for both 'sides' public consumption, they will do a deal in the next 6 days. The deal was done years ago, seriously any 2 UK citizens and 2 EU citizens could knock this together in a weekend, and still get a beer in.

Can either side afford to ignore the other - NO
Can either side win - NO

Make a deal. 60M people buy a lot of BMW's and Brie.

No politician wants to be left holding this baby, business plus Joe Public would wipe them out, and I dont just mean in the UK - hans gets fired from BMW, he's not voting moderate next time is he.

EU never wanted a deal - we should have left 3 years ago and saved another £40bn we have chucked away supporting this corrupt regime

Bo*****S. Of course they want a deal. And it begs the question why the UK wouldn't want one either. Why should either party welcome the risk of a renewed territorial dispute on the island of Ireland?

Quite fittingly, those Leavers who've been most dismissive of that risk have (like James Dyson) transferred all their wealth to places like Monaco and Singapore as of recently. They won't be the ones that'll have to deal with the mess. Now, you might very well contend that that risk shouldn't stop even a hard Brexit from happening; that there should be no giving in to threats made by extremists in Northern Ireland. I could agree.

But to deny that risk is simply idiotic. It really blows my mind how many Brits have managed to convince themselves that the EU exaggerates the Irish issue and shouldn't be opposed to the prospect of inheriting a veritable clusterfuck of a territorial dispute. If a border appears on that island once more, the Catholics will remember the Good Friday Agreement grants them a referendum on joining Ireland in that case.

And given the contempt London's been showing for the GFA as of late and given the nationalistic mood in the country, that referendum is unlikely. Which, in turn, makes a resurgence of the violence in Northern Ireland very likely.

For once, I'm actually more inclined to believe the opposition's and the sacked ministers' take on that ominous phone call than Boris's claim that Angela Merkel has laid down the law.
She's always been irritangly optimistic and reluctant to make decisions, so a conversation such as the one that's allegedly happened would be very out of character for her. Besides, it's a matter of diplomatic protocol not to leak confidential phone calls between heads of government to the press. It was obviously leaked for a reason, and that reason is obviously to pass the buck to the EU.

Bo*****S. Of course they want a deal. And it begs the question why the UK wouldn't want one either. Why should either party welcome the risk of a renewed territorial dispute on the island of Ireland?

Quite fittingly, those Leavers who've been most dismissive of that risk have (like James Dyson) transferred all their wealth to places like Monaco and Singapore as of recently. They won't be the ones that'll have to deal with the mess. Now, you might very well contend that that risk shouldn't stop even a hard Brexit from happening; that there should be no giving in to threats made by extremists in Northern Ireland. I could agree.

But to deny that risk is simply idiotic. It really blows my mind how many Brits have managed to convince themselves that the EU exaggerates the Irish issue and shouldn't be opposed to the prospect of inheriting a veritable clusterfuck of a territorial dispute. If a border appears on that island once more, the Catholics will remember the Good Friday Agreement grants them a referendum on joining Ireland in that case.

And given the contempt London's been showing for the GFA as of late and given the nationalistic mood in the country, that referendum is unlikely. Which, in turn, makes a resurgence of the violence in Northern Ireland very likely.

For once, I'm actually more inclined to believe the opposition's and the sacked ministers' take on that ominous phone call than Boris's claim that Angela Merkel has laid down the law.
She's always been irritangly optimistic and reluctant to make decisions, so a conversation such as the one that's allegedly happened would be very out of character for her. Besides, it's a matter of diplomatic protocol not to leak confidential phone calls between heads of government to the press. It was obviously leaked for a reason, and that reason is obviously to pass the buck to the EU.
EU never wanted a deal - they just want to punish the UK for having the temerity to leave

The sooner we stick two fingers up to the EU and get the hell out of this nasty 'club' the better

The blame game has started and you have no further to look than Barnier/Junker and his ilk - a deal is not in their interest - but its the whole of the EU that will pay the price with jobs and recession - UK included

I fail to see why you gave my comment a 'thumbs up'. Your response doesn't contain any arguments, you merely reiterated your earlier claim, which is as of yet unsubstantiated.

Again, for the multitude of reasons given above: The EU does want a deal.

Does it want to inundate the UK in concessions, on the other hand? Of course not. And why would it have to do that? It's downright bizarre to expect anything else.

You seem to be forgetting those within the UK who want a deal have been demanding a plethora of concessions, whereas the EU is mostly interested in preventing a hard border in Ireland – for the very good reasons given above. I don't understand why you'd argue the EU should make concessions in order to secure that goal. How is the abscence of a hard border on Ireland not in the UK's best interests: Do you guys really want to see Season 83 of 'The Troubles' that badly?

Beyond the Irish issue, why would the EU be morally obliged to make concessions like granting continued access to the common market?

If you've terminated your tennis club membership, is that club obliged to grant you future use of its courts?

Besides, your claim the EU merely wants to punish Britain for leaving is led to absurdity by the fact even the governments of Poland and Hungary or the 'Lega' party of Italy's Matteo Salvini – who could all be described as their nations' versions of Nigel Farage – approved of the deal presented to Britain.

Heck, considering their own squabbles with the EU they had every reason in the world not to back Brussel's stance.

Yet still they did.

Maybe they did because my tennis court analogy isn't actually that bad. If you want to sit at my table, you'll have to eat what I serve. Simple as that.

I fail to see why you gave my comment a 'thumbs up'. Your response doesn't contain any arguments, you merely reiterated your earlier claim, which is as of yet unsubstantiated.

Again, for the multitude of reasons given above: The EU does want a deal.

Does it want to inundate the UK in concessions, on the other hand? Of course not. And why would it have to do that? It's downright bizarre to expect anything else.

You seem to be forgetting those within the UK who want a deal have been demanding a plethora of concessions, whereas the EU is mostly interested in preventing a hard border in Ireland – for the very good reasons given above. I don't understand why you'd argue the EU should make concessions in order to secure that goal. How is the abscence of a hard border on Ireland not in the UK's best interests: Do you guys really want to see Season 83 of 'The Troubles' that badly?

Beyond the Irish issue, why would the EU be morally obliged to make concessions like granting continued access to the common market?

If you've terminated your tennis club membership, is that club obliged to grant you future use of its courts?

Besides, your claim the EU merely wants to punish Britain for leaving is led to absurdity by the fact even the governments of Poland and Hungary or the 'Lega' party of Italy's Matteo Salvini – who could all be described as their nations' versions of Nigel Farage – approved of the deal presented to Britain.

Heck, considering their own squabbles with the EU they had every reason in the world not to back Brussel's stance.

Yet still they did.

Maybe they did because my tennis court analogy isn't actually that bad. If you want to sit at my table, you'll have to eat what I serve. Simple as that.
we will see what unfolds

the only issue with your tennis club analogy is that in a tennis club there is a clear tariff each year for being a member and every member pays the same amount to enjoy the facilities

Clearly the EU is not a tennis club as some countries pay a lot to be members and other pay nothing but get to graze their cattle on the courts

A deal is where both sides come to an agreement - in fact if both sides don't like the agreement that it reached then it is probably a good deal

there just needs to be an end to this and if no deal is the end then let it be - we can then get on rebuilding some sort of relationship with the EU

As for Ireland my thoughts on Ireland are quite simple - it would have only taken a month

EU never wanted a deal - they just want to punish the UK for having the temerity to leave

The sooner we stick two fingers up to the EU and get the hell out of this nasty 'club' the better

The blame game has started and you have no further to look than Barnier/Junker and his ilk - a deal is not in their interest - but its the whole of the EU that will pay the price with jobs and recession - UK included
So the Blame Game continues
Check the BJ proposals, think two minutes if they are serious and say again who want and who doesn't want a deal.
Or more precisely who wants a realistic deal and who wants a either i keep all my advantages and i go away as it suits me, giving you a middle finger or i go away and blame you because you didn't agreed to my unrealistic deal proposal.

BTW leave once for all and leave us alone. The joke is getting old now .....