Photos Afghan Armed Forces (Prior to 2021)

This seems to fit in with reports that a lot of CYA is going on in higher echelons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Throwing the 1st Amendment rights of retired service members out the window ... right. Weaponizing the IRS again are we? :rolleyes:

On the one hand, feel desperately sorry for anyone still stuck there. On the other hand, an old friend's husband is out there with the British Army and for her sake - get the f**k home guys and girls.

Spoke to her tonight - as of this afternoon he's out, knackered, hungry and in desperate need of a shower.

Sean Parnell is a stud.

Flagg, I'm not sure how that post prompted your response. I don't know why that's a 12 (on what scale) and should be a 4, nor why you feel it adds no actual value.

Other than that, have a good day.
Keep it to facts over repetitive sharing of personal feelings, especially in such a real-time environment.

Your post/link about the USMC LTCOL running AITB was good, repeating personal feelings aren’t.

Last night, we ran our buses out to pick up some friends at a rally point next door to the Traditional Ice Cream store & got a few cones for anyone that wanted one. 2 sketchy looking armed guys asked where we were headed & in my best pashto said airport you need a ride. After asking them nicely for their rifles we gave them a few zip ties in trade. Pretty sure they're isis/AQ & the whole ride back they were mad as hornets & bragged they were already in the US & Europe with multiple small planes at the ready leading up to the 20th anniversary of 911. They're in the hands of the US Cia @ KBL. I've spoken several times with The Danish Defence Intelligence Service & that checks with a lot of chatter they're hearing enuf to think about emergency grounding all air traffic starting Sept 8th. Not sure of the US response yet but in case the Gov't in the States sits on it you may want to stick close to home so you're not stranded out of town & be aware of potential targets around you if a small plane loaded with ammonium nitrate flys into them. Hopefully someone above my paygrade is working on stopping any of their shenanigans this year.

That didn't take long.

As an Officer in the military we are all held to a specific chain of command. Unless your orders are illegal or immoral you are duty bound to carry them out. You can always stretch an order if it's going to put your guys in danger but you may get gigged for it. If you don't like how your leaders are running things then resign your commission & speak as a civilian, run for political office & change things. Lastly......17 years of service, 3 years from a pension, kinda a dick move for his family.

As an Officer in the military we are all held to a specific chain of command. Unless your orders are illegal or immoral you are duty bound to carry them out. You can always stretch an order if it's going to put your guys in danger but you may get gigged for it. If you don't like how your leaders are running things then resign your commission & speak as a civilian, run for political office & change things. Lastly......17 years of service, 3 years from a pension, kinda a dick move for his family.
Its the Social media generation, I lost a few friends in the military when the last election some of them were very vocal about their stance on a candidate and when the guy on I just went straight "So if you guys are professionals will you resign your commission or where you just politicking?"

So many people in the military have lost their jobs cause they forgot that in the military, you dont have as much rights and you have to follow protocols. I could just imagine WW2 with tiktok or Insta.... @Nihonpilot "Going to Hawaii... not for vacation" #pilotlife #banzai #pearldiving

Pretty sure if it was an officer of the North Korean military having done the same thing, everyone in the world would be applauding him.
Resigning and speaking as a civilian, or running for political office would be equivalent of silencing yourself in this situation. Nobody would listen to you when your words pose no threat to the establishment or the command chain. Literally the "don't like it, then leave!" attitude.
Too bad for his family, but imho he did the right thing, and if more people like him would step up, things would have some hope for turning for the better.

Pretty sure if it was an officer of the North Korean military having done the same thing, everyone in the world would be applauding him.
Resigning and speaking as a civilian, or running for political office would be equivalent of silencing yourself in this situation. Nobody would listen to you when your words pose no threat to the establishment or the command chain. Literally the "don't like it, then leave!" attitude.
Too bad for his family, but imho he did the right thing, and if more people like him would step up, things would have some hope for turning for the better.
See if more people did that, then Armies would fail. There is a reason why this is enforced hard in militaries. If people with all the information available can fail, what more some guy down the line, who have no idea what the big picture is. You start questioning the chain of command publicly and you are actually helping erode your mens confidence in the leadership... most of the guys travel half way around the world and face death because they believe in their organization and commanders. Your enemies sure does.

Erode that culture and you have chaos or far far worse.... the Messianic Complex. Coupled with a population that sees their military as can do no wrong heroes and you will see the mother of all blowbacks. As a kid, my country did Coup de etats like it was monday night football.

Maybe he was already headed to the Captains Mast for something else. Who knows…… Takes balls to stand up, but that 20 years would also have been nice.

Keep it to facts over repetitive sharing of personal feelings, especially in such a real-time environment.

Your post/link about the USMC LTCOL running AITB was good, repeating personal feelings aren’t.
I disagree. Rendering opinions is a big part of what we do around here.