Photos Afghan Armed Forces (Prior to 2021)

Honestly the fact that the US state department said the Taliban and Haqqani network are different entities probably tells us a lot about the planning for the withdrawal.

It also raises question as to who they really hit with that drone strike.

They haven't been able to organize and plan anything from A to Z, they managed to get more Afghans out than US citizens, current SF, former SF and groups of veterans went out of their way to organize unsanctioned rescue operations.

And yet, two days after the attack on the airport, they manage to find who the planner was? Though up until recently they were claiming AQ and ISIS-K were not operating in Afghanistan anymore?

As for the USMC LTCOL, though his rant had legitimacy and was fundamentally right, when you join the armed forces you pretty much give up on most of rights. The 1rst amendment being one of them.
He was right in what he said, the fact he said it knowing the repercussions is commendable (afterall he just got discharged, he is still alive and can still find a job).

On the other hand, Vindman was promoted for his act and personnel across the federal govt were encouraged & rewarded for insubordination from 2016-20.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The ISI/Taliban have also launched an offensive on the IS-K in Nangarhar's Dara-i-Noor District (Nangarhar is the stronghold of the IS-K).
Ah yes, and: following the failure of the third round of negotiations with Saleh and Massoud, the ISI/Taliban have launched a major offensive into the Panjshir Valley. Declared aim: 'destruction of CIA/RAW-supported militia: local people are no enemy'. Fighting is described as 'heavy', but they should have already captured three villages.
UPDATE: USA and the Taliban have opened negotiations regarding the option of maintaining US diplomatic presence in Afghanistan.

Throwing the 1st Amendment rights of retired service members out the window ... right. Weaponizing the IRS again are we? :rolleyes:

Definitely against the 1st amendment. Yet, government employees and Vindman were hailed as heroes when they criticized President Trump. Obviously, the corrupt establishment has a double standard.

Sad and ironic, that pictures of the Marines, Corpsman, Soldiers we had posted earlier in the thread are KIA. RIP heroes and may God comfort your families.

Last edited:

t did not have to be this way. When I left Afghanistan as ambassador in 2012, we had about 85,000 troops in the country. The Taliban controlled none of Afghanistan’s 34 provincial capitals. When President Obama left office, there were fewer than 10,000 troops. And when Mr. Trump departed, there were fewer than five thousand. The Taliban still did not hold any major urban area. Now they hold the entire country. What changed so swiftly and completely? We did. Mr. Biden’s decision to withdraw all US forces destroyed an affordable status quo that could have lasted indefinitely at a minimum cost in blood and treasure

t did not have to be this way. When I left Afghanistan as ambassador in 2012, we had about 85,000 troops in the country. The Taliban controlled none of Afghanistan’s 34 provincial capitals. When President Obama left office, there were fewer than 10,000 troops. And when Mr. Trump departed, there were fewer than five thousand. The Taliban still did not hold any major urban area. Now they hold the entire country. What changed so swiftly and completely? We did. Mr. Biden’s decision to withdraw all US forces destroyed an affordable status quo that could have lasted indefinitely at a minimum cost in blood and treasure
So basically occupation is what some of the higher echelon was looking at as the end game. What is the point of staying in Afghanistan "indefinitely?"

Aside from feeding the American Military Industry a steady stream of war?

Tear jerker.....

Memories of a Hungarian colleague

"...There are the Afghans who, in unity, in cooperation, are outsmarting the West. The labels Haquani, ISIS, Taliban, Insurgent, ANDSF (!) are only put on them by us. I'm sitting on official ANDSF tbk when a civilian comes in and questions me about what I'm doing ganging up with a bandit (we're talking about a general in uniform at a military headquarters). I briefly told him what I was doing under the NATO flag. This man kidnapped and ransomed my employees back, read the general's crimes on the head of the plainclothes former UN employee. Ok, but I gave them all back unharmed, was the tbk's admission. The ANDSF were also just a (admittedly large) group willing to play a part for good money in a charade that had been the show for 20 years of Afghans fighting for western goals. And we loved the show and applauded the transparent fairground stunt from the audience. This opinion of more than 10 years is now superbly supported by the facts, especially the fact that the actors playing the ANDSF role quickly got off the stage, put their costumes in the prop room and went back to being what they were all along.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Combat landing in the C-130 inbound. We only do this in an empty aircraft & never with Afghan passengers strapped to the cargo floor. Clean up would be an issue.
We run the manifest list names we're given on our Homeguard Intelligence list & do not pick up those on the alert no fly lists. Assume others in the coalition are doing the same.

Attachments

• C130 tactical steep approach drop ?.mp4
    650.9 KB
Combat landing in the C-130 inbound. We only do this in an empty aircraft & never with Afghan passengers strapped to the cargo floor. Clean up would be an issue.
We run the manifest list names we're given on our Homeguard Intelligence list & do not pick up those on the alert no fly lists. Assume others in the coalition are doing the same.
You guys stay safe there! Held og lykke.