93rd Infantry Brigade

50.jpg
51.jpg
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg

Well the supressed one is an MP5SD. MKEK doesn't have a license to manufacture that one, which points me to that the US supplied surplus guns. Another good indicator is the fire selector switch markings on the guns. Those are geman markings S-E-F. The turkish is E-T-S. They could still be turkish the Canik supports that but still it makes it difficult to see where they originally came from.

Well I'm sorry but thats not true. MKEK has license to produce both MP5, MP5K and MP5SD models for decades (the first MP5A2 were produced by MKEK since 1967 onwards if I recall correctly). You can check It out from their website and also from their weapons exhibition stands too. Also like you said MKEK models have Turkish "E-T-S" (Emniyet: safety, Tek: single, Seri: serial) markings also seen from on my sample photo. But according to the weapons I have luck to inspect and the source I have asked the issue, they have been transioned the original S-E-F markings specially for the export models for years ago. And also for the Ukraine case the original sale news has announced on Turkish media around a month ago . So in my humble opinion we can safely say the MP5s were sourced from Turkey to..

deedde.jpg

And here are some of my photos taken from a MKEK weapons exhibition in 2015. You can spot the various trigger groups on MP5 models, including semi-auto "0-1" model and both Turkish "E-T-S" and original "S-E-F" models displayed together.

IDEF15-1 (1).JPG

IDEF15 (2).JPG

Who knows. Germany is de facto absolutely refusing to sell Ukraine anything remotely "military".

That could be the original reason but in the past some of the other European countries have also bought MKEK made German guns. Such as Georgia, Azerbaijan and Poland with MP5, FYROM with G3 and Norway with MG3 due to their low cost compared to German producers.

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry but thats not true. MKEK has license to produce both MP5, MP5K and MP5SD models for decades (the first MP5A2 were produced by MKEK since 1967 onwards if I recall correctly). You can check It out from their website and also from their weapons exhibition stands too. Also like you said MKEK models have Turkish "E-T-S" (Emniyet: safety, Tek: single, Seri: serial) markings also seen from on my sample photo. But according to the weapons I have luck to inspect and the source I have asked the issue, they have been transioned the original S-E-F markings specially for the export models for years ago. And also for the Ukraine case the original sale news has announced on Turkish media around a month ago . So in my humble opinion we can safely say the MP5s were sourced from Turkey to..

View attachment 177011

View attachment 176998

And here are some of my photos taken from a MKEK weapons exhibition in 2015. You can spot the various trigger groups on MP5 models, including semi-auto "0-1" model and both Turkish "E-T-S" and original "S-E-F" models displayed together.

View attachment 177009

View attachment 177010

That could be the original reason but in the past some of the other European countries have also bought MKEK made German guns. Such as Georgia, Azerbaijan and Poland with MP5, FYROM with G3 and Norway with MG3 due to their low cost compared to German producers.

You are right. One of my buddies got to test them out today. All Made in Turkey, all brand new.

Random

14.jpg

54th infantry brigade. this is how they look like after months of combat.

17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

"Vyshivanka day" (i.e national shirt day)

30.jpg

"Azov" snipers. Don't know who trained them, but judging by all accounts they are really good on par with Alfa and Special Forces snipers, who received comprehensive training from the Western advisers.

when I see these pictures the war must be funny in the Ukraine ??
a lot of folklore :-(

when I see these pictures the war must be funny in the Ukraine ??
a lot of folklore :-(

Not sure what you meant by your comment. Ukrainians failed to create their own state for centuries being ruled by different empires. Vyshivanka shirt is a symbol of national identity over there. Everyone wears it, even the Chief Rabbi:

11.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know how long this video will stay up on Youtube. About a minute long. "Azov" snipers greatest hits. Obviously no metnion of equipment in use, but in one of the shots I can see IWI Galil SR-99 DMR rifle. Also, it looks like "Azov" sniper unit cooperates closely with the regiment's UAV recon team.

Why use military units in Ukraine
Nazi emblems for identification ?
Wolfsangel

where does it come from

Why use military units in Ukraine
Nazi emblems for identification ?
Wolfsangel

where does it come from

The Wolfsangel is an ancient runic symbol that was believed to be able to ward off wolves. Historically, it appeared in Germany in many places, ranging from guidestones on the sides of roads to heraldic use in the coats of arms of various towns; there is even a German city called Wolfsangel.

Got more questions?