Intro TheMess.Net Landing Page

Just did it and I’m all set now. Thanks.

You’re running on Xenforo am I right? This platform is way smoother than vBulletin.

Yes the platform is Xenforo and you are right much better than VB, the added advantage is also the addons being created by the XF community

As members you will also see less advertising but some limited adverts will remain.

Welcome to all! I was a very active member of mp.net. Not so much at the mess. I probably had less than 10 post. I did not like the photo posting policy...because that's what I do >>> post photos.;)

A further bit of advice for new members, if you do not want to receive push notifications these can also be disabled in your settings

Go to your account preferences and deselect Push notifications

Welcome @Navor your experience with historical matters will be well received, glad you joined us buddy :)
Your Mess.Net banner has been applied

Last edited:
Hi.

Evil_Scientist here, used to be The_Evil_Scientist, but that was too long?? Used to lurk and sometimes reply on MP.net, mainly lurked on the mess. Let's see how it goes from here on out.

like watching the modelers model their things as I lack the patience to do it properly. I have a Chemistry degree in case some has a homework issue

Hello all, former MP.net member, never joined TheMess but loitered about to enjoy the ravings. I posted an intro onto the wrong thread,...just because I`m easily confused in my "golden years". (And this cut and paste thing can`t be too good for my computer, huh?)

Welcome @bombolino glad to have you aboard mate :)

Dont worry about your initial post I have cut and paste it here for you if that is ok

Hi everyone, I`m probably doing this intro in the wrong place, but I stopped following orders back in 1974 so there`s that. I used to be a member of the old MilitaryPhotos site about 15 years ago, never joined the Mess but looked in whenever something happened in the world news. Now that they`re closing down, I`m hoping some of their witty and erudite members join here so that I have an excuse to get on the Internet. I`m an old US Army vet, (Vietnam), that enlisted when everyone else was getting drafted. Dabbled in Signal Corps stuff, military intelligence, psychological warfare ops, and some secret CIA stuff that did`nt stay secret because drunks can`t keep their mouths shut. I shot 1000`s of photos of everything from air assaults by choppers to blown up armored vehicles...and every single negative, prints, and slides was confiscated at the post office by customs officials because they thought it violated some vague policy. I have an old photo of a B-52 about to do a bombing run after taking off from Kadena AFB, (Okinawa) that I gave to a SF buddy. If I can find it, I`ll post it in a photo thread.
If the mods find this to be in the wrong place, please move it to the rightful location.

For the information of new Mess members.

In order to prevent Spammers we have a system that requires your first few posts to be moderated in order to weed out the scurge of spam posts.
We will assess your first posts (not many) and approve you as required so rest assured that you will not always be moderated, you may even be approved before you make your first post if we are confident that you are not a spammer. :)
This is not what we wanted but we have to protect our members from hundreds of spam posts made over the last few months.

I thank you for your patience

Hello all, former MP.net member, never joined TheMess but loitered about to enjoy the ravings. I posted an intro onto the wrong thread,...just because I`m easily confused in my "golden years". (And this cut and paste thing can`t be too good for my computer, huh?)

wow, vietnam veteran...Please post pictures, will appreciate your posting pics of your "travels"