Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

Are you a left handed shooter?
Rifles yes, pistols no. Left eye dominant but right handed.

There's an X95 Tavor group on Facebook, as soon as my no group posting ban is over from Facebook I'm going to ask to join and see what's everyone doing with theirs. Especially southpaws. I already have one friend who does, a retired 18B who's the same as me, left eye dominant so rifles left and pistols right but his Tavor is a LH. He's also the reason I went ahead nd got one.

I definitely need to make more Tavor owner friends because I have been smitten and I want to hook this one up with a Blk Lbl Tavor free float for the X95 in Mlok, but I will need to know if it will also work the manticore short top rail. Definitely going to change trigger pack and trigger bow as well.

Rifles yes, pistols no. Left eye dominant but right handed.

There's an X95 Tavor group on Facebook, as soon as my no group posting ban is over from Facebook I'm going to ask to join and see what's everyone doing with theirs. Especially southpaws. I already have one friend who does, a retired 18B who's the same as me, left eye dominant so rifles left and pistols right but his Tavor is a LH. He's also the reason I went ahead nd got one.

I definitely need to make more Tavor owner friends because I have been smitten and I want to hook this one up with a Blk Lbl Tavor free float for the X95 in Mlok, but I will need to know if it will also work the manticore short top rail. Definitely going to change trigger pack and trigger bow as well.

It interested me as it's multi handed....and you had it set up for left.

Only bullpup I've fired is the L85 A1 through A3 which of course isn't multi handed.

It interested me as it's multi handed....and you had it set up for left.

Only bullpup I've fired is the L85 A1 through A3 which of course isn't multi handed.
What were you immediate action drills for it? Rear heavy like my Tavor so the low ready is more preferable to you right, akin to a pendulum?

No offense but I think that the designers of the L85 were right to use the AR18 system but wrong for it being only right handed and not because I shoot left saying this either; switching shoulders around corners, staggered patrolling where whichever side is facing should be on that same shoulder, and making the best use of cover and concealment without exposing does indeed exist.

Again, no offense and I am glad that some of your nation has adopted an ambidextrous rifle.

What were you immediate action drills for it? Rear heavy like my Tavor so the low ready is more preferable to you right, akin to a pendulum?

No offense but I think that the designers of the L85 were right to use the AR18 system but wrong for it being only right handed and not because I shoot left saying this either; switching shoulders around corners, staggered patrolling where whichever side is facing should be on that same shoulder, and making the best use of cover and concealment without exposing does indeed exist.

Again, no offense and I am glad that some of your nation has adopted an ambidextrous rifle.

I wasn't a combat arm soldier mate, so I'm not going to pretend to you I'm a trained killer. I was a small arms qualified maintainer and spent the majority of my time carrying it around airbases in Iraq and Afghan whilst working on aircraft.

What I can say from a maintenance POV it was pretty simple and easy to work on.

Next on the list is going to be the TP9, form 1 to SBR, and then make into a wannabe MP7 clone with all the fancy accessory necessities.

I'm 90% done done with this other than needing it to be zeroed with whatever optic that I am going to place the Aimpoint M5 with. Total takedown including barrel removal and piston and bolt teardowns. Like an AK had coitus with an AR18 really.

Swapped out the OEM shell deflector with a more efficient 3D printed one. Took out the stock trigger bow and replaced with the Lightning Bow. To be fair after the swapping of trigger packs from OEM to the Super Sabra, you really don't need the bow replaced unless you want it to be at 3.5 pounds with it's "second stage" feel to what is more or less like a striker's trigger. I don't know what better way to describe that really.

Also cleaned it up very well, re-lubed, and swapped the charging handle over to the right side for us southpaws.

Tomorrow will be a function fire even though it already passed umpteen function checks. If the weather is nice I may get some outdoor glamour shots in the field.

Edit to add: Although I am used to and pretty much institutionalized to the M16/AR15, I gotta give credit to the Israelis for how simplified they made this, as easy as lego assembling and as foolproof as Glocks are to work on. It was a bit of a culture shock so to speak but once I overcame the Armalite way of doing things, it was super easy from barrel break down to the trigger swaps. Way faster than an M4's is, that's for sure.

20240126_204347.jpg
20240126_211411.jpg
20240127_000704.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be great to see that :)
We were so busy (I had a quest with me new to area, a soon to be retiring sheriff's deputy from CA) that it slipped my mind. However I will say that the function fire was a definite success. No need for a right to left bolt and ejection port conversion because the new printed shell deflector is phenomenal*.

Maybe if I can remember to, this coming Thursday we're planning to go out again.

*Those 3D printers are very handy, for all hobbies and even home/homestead repair. I spoke with the wife, we are going to get one for my shop. If anyone was fence sitting on getting one, do it. You'll be glad that you did.

I have been considering getting a small one to make patterns for casting aluminium and brass. I will see how the overtime at work goes and of course winning over the missus :)

So? How did you like shooting that sight with the M4?

Some years ago I had the chance to use that sight on a Galil Ace. The reticle is a little small but with practice you get used to it. So, with the M4 with a few rounds you get used to it and make bullets groupings in the targets. on this time we hade some staff of the special forces that help us and advice us in the use of that Israeli made sight

I had to take out my P320's FCU from it's gen 2 grip put back into it's gen 1 module, earlier this past day. When sending Sig's guns back to them for any warranty you have to return it back to the configuration it was sold as. Mine's a 2015 so as old as it gets for a Gen 1. Hopefully they won't get stupid since I have no clue where the Gen 1 takedown lever went (probably in the trash where it belonged lol).

Should be a month until it comes back after the RMA is done.

I have been so out of the 320 game that I had to look around like a new 320 owner and figure out what I should get for it after it returns. I may just ask Sig to install a few things and send it back that way and pay for those while they repair at no cost to me.

I am definitely a Glock guy but do like to branch out just to make sure. Had to have the replaced FCU's internals in order to get the newer stuff to work with it so off it goes to New Hampshire.

Back