Firearms Showcase Your Firearms

I've been thinking of getting one for potting the Indian Mynah birds around my place - a right pest they are. But my lanes of fire are somewhat restricted so it would probably have to be pretty low power for safety.

We're limited to 12lb/ft without a license, so I won't be blowing anyones head off when I get one, but should do the job for birds.

I'm unlimited with yotes with our yearly permits. Forest service picks them up no questions asked when called in. But because of the area I live I have to consider to assembling a 300 BO upper to swap occasionally with my 5.56 SBR 11.5. Probably going to buy and use the Noveske Diplomat 300 BO barrel in 7.5 with my Sandman K.

Pic thread and as you can see, lots of trees making visibility on the ground being not much and why I am thinking about 300 BO and not because 5.56 is too much. Sometimes you just want to be discreet even though your neighbors are far away and don't even care about the noise.

kXnKdrF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
300 Blackout is one of those rounds I'm interested in having a go with. I can get a 300BO conversion kit for my Warwick rifle. Combined with a suppressor it should be pretty damn quiet indeed. As an aside, in NZ suppressors and cheap and legal and readily available. I just go to my local gunshop, hand over $140 to 500 and walk away. They're regarded as a Health & Safety thing here, an important part of hearing protection.

300 Blackout is one of those rounds I'm interested in having a go with. I can get a 300BO conversion kit for my Warwick rifle. Combined with a suppressor it should be pretty damn quiet indeed. As an aside, in NZ suppressors and cheap and legal and readily available. I just go to my local gunshop, hand over $140 to 500 and walk away. They're regarded as a Health & Safety thing here, an important part of hearing protection.
I had to Google what a Warwick Rifle is. Reminds me of when I tried to have a bolt action AR15 made by now deceased Brit. Met him on another site. He said the import/export and the entire rifle plus spare barrel wasn't going to be cheap, I remember his face when we met in person as he loved coming here to AZ and compete with the AZNG rifle competition, and said money doesn't matter, I want to support your business and honestly having an English addressed AR lower would be really cool. It was in que right as brain cancer took him from us. A real salt of the earth guy, Bradders was his screen name on multiple boards. Miss your nuttiness and sage life advice, Mark...

His remains were scattered at Bisley.

3053193421363178_3886265805909786624_n_jpg-1146993.jpg

And I know and am jealous of how easy it is for you all to get a silencer. We almost had it the same but our politicians and seriously ignorant anti anything freedom thought that there would be assassinations everywhere, had a stroke while hyper ventilating at absolute stupidity without thinking this through, and stopped it.

It's for hearing safety and to not disturb folks while hunting. Nah, let's emotionally retarded instead and rely on feelings using fallacies instead of logic. May F be upon them, always something aggravatingly uncomfortable in their socks and many legos to be stepped on while barefoot. Cans and short barrels despite being NFA, are darn near in constant use.

Anyway I digress. How does this Warwick shoot? Pics?

I don't have much in the way of pictures unfortunately.

But this bloke did a review of it:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's not a bad rifle. I have seen way, way, worse over here with ban state compliant piles of garbage. Would own over here if I had a use for one.

Finally had time to take a picture of this. Sears Model 53 which is a Winchester 70 rebadged. .30-06 cal.
I plan on a 3-9x 40mm optic for it but it will probably have to wait until the start of the new year for that. Stock could use a a light refurbish at the butt end, but the action is clean and the bore is like a mirror inside. My FiL thinks it had less than 20 rounds through it in the late 60s early 70s, hasn't been shot since.

Sears Winchester 70 30-06.jpg

I'd leave it like is, something about those iron sighted only old hunting bolts is something to enjoy for a lazy range day and to show off among friends at BBQ's.

On another note, I feel as though I should be thinking about owning a FAL. Something like the SLR or Belgian Para model would be cool. No accessories or aftermarket upgrades either, just as is. A nice reference gun.

LC, I thought about that.
I plan on using it for what he did, deer hunting. It is going to become my primary but with my eyes I need the optic. The receiver is drilled and tapped from the factory and direct mounting blocks are still available. No real modification needed.

Sears released this with an optic on it as the Ted Williams version.

Ted Williams was my father's favorite baseball player.

Pic thread:

Trying to see if I like the higher 1.93 mount using the same scope so I ordered the 1.93 version of the 1.54 mount on the bottom, and then went ahead and bought another scope of the same model but with a slightly better ACSS reticle. Trying eye relief placement too.

Lots of arguments to have either or in height length debate along with pros and cons to weigh in on so I decided to have both and do a Pepsi challenge next week at the range. I'd like to have a dot for the one up top but am waiting for the parallel mount to come off production and be released for consumer sales first. Already have the dot for it, a very used and salty abused looking Aimpoint H-1. So this run off will be just the scopes doing a fair amount of drills with from failure to stop, recon, and modified presidente for rifles.

HbI0LE1.jpg

No pictures yet, but I will make darn sure to when it's here finally.

In light of the recent internet meltdowns over Israel and because the internet court of mob mentality opinion favoring Hamas, I've decided with the wife's blessing of course to order an IWI X95 Tavor 16.5. Why? Because I can and pound sand, you (they) are no one's supervisor so piss off, lol. Plus I am kinda AR15'ed out and want to try something else.

Already window shopping and saving links to spare parts to purchase and set aside for a lesson in physics and also for the necessary aftermarket upgrades. Don't even need to buy an optic or a light though because it's already on hand surprisingly enough. Nah, not really surprised, I have extra things for a reason.

A friendly member of a group that I belong to from another site, happens to be retiring here where I live soon enough and just bought his retirement home. So he ivited me over to check out his collection of bullpups. I so had my mind set on the Hellion, a USA imported version of the Croatian VHS-K2. The trigger was mush, the mushiest I had ever had to pull but the reset was pleasant. The bolt release was awkward and the LOP was just terrible.

The AUG, not a bad trigger despite folks saying otherwise with a decent pull and a nice reset. But it was not southpaw friendly at all other than the ejection side can be swapped out to the other. I just don't do charging handles on the opposite side though, it's not conducive for a properly equipped rifleman.

Then I was handed the Tavor. Full stop. I was so smitten that I just had to have one for myself right then and there. Granted the trigger and trigger bow were both aftermarket but I had honestly felt like I had a match 2 stage. Right side charging but in my opinion the Hellion's G36type was superior but this X95's CH will do work once swapped over. Bolt release while not as fast as an AR15's, is much better and faster to use under stress than the Hellion and the AUG didn't even have one; that's gross to me.

Going to watch a few reviews on YT like the Vicker's one and a few others to get up to speed on my soon to be my newest rifle. Despite being rear heavy I found it super easy to use from the low ready and way less fatiguing than a properly equipped M4.

Link for those unfamiliar with the subject matter:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he was!

In a perfect world, I would have lined up everything and then taken a pic and uploaded. But dang that would involve emptying a few safes and I'm getting rather too old to be flexing everything these days. That's a solid nope, lol.

I was once asked by a someone I know just how many did I own. I honestly don't know anymore. If I get something new, I take a pic and add it to the three thumb drives with serials in case of theft, and that's it.

But if I had to do it all over again, I'd still do the clones same as before but instead of chasing the latest things in nearly every barrel length, and every permutation configurations of, and in every caliber that I'm into, I'd just have five or six, do spares of said five or six, do whatever the wife and kid wants, and then called it done, done.

It wasn't until I had gotten serious about training that I started to figure out my actual flow of things. I came to the painful conclusion that what I wanted was the quest for a do all. That really isn't possible. I know, many like myself have tried. It's why you'll see pro's with a vast collection all saying the same thing.

Picked up my Tavor this past day, my very first bullpup rifle. Definitely different but was fun to understand.

Here's the dry review, my thoughts so far as I just picked mine up this past day but live fire won't be until this Sunday.

Hefty rear, lightened front. Adding the necessities adds heft and balances it very well but too much in the front makes it now front heavy and not optimal.

Pistol grip is the right angle but I wish we had the AR15 option to put what we want on it instead because not all hands fit the same. But it's not the end of the world and the texture around isn't bad but I may be adding some talon wrap in rubber.

I like the long top rail, lots of uninterrupted real estate if one doesn't mind using spots where the backup sights are located in the top rail itself.

Length of pull is exactly right where it should be for me at least using the bent arm at 45 degrees and wristed canted inwards. I'm 5'10 if this matters. If you're of South African Euro stature then you may need a a longer butt pad. But this is just perfect for me with the OEM one.

Height over bore. If you're already into the tall mounts then you'd be right at home with the drop compensations at certain distances but be warned that a lower one third will feel like an absolute and a 1.93 will feel like a lower one third from the chin welds, and so on.

Manual of arms. Bolt release is not where we're expecting it to be. Charging handle being on the side is still natural to me due to spending a long time being either the M-60 or later a 249 gunner. Selector is right where you'd expect it to be on an AR15 and almost the same with the mag release but this one is ambidextrous and pushes inward and down at the same time so almost the same in function. The selector's lever is shaped like an M16's so this will be a natural feel for the user used to only one way of doing things on a rifle.

If you were a fan of USGI polymer handguards or the newer quad rails, well you get to have it back with this one unless using an aftermarket Mlok tube. Not being a fan of quads myself even though I spent a decade using them on USGI issued rifles, it's not that bad as the edges aren't as sharp. Plus I don't know why I kept on to certain quad specific accessories but am now glad I already had what was needed on hand to use again.

Muzzle device is kept on by a jam nut, no vice needed to swap MD's with. However there's an aftermarket crush washer specifically made for the Tavor to use in case one doesn't want to use the provided jam nut.

The trigger really isn't bad for a stock bullpup and this one IMO is even better than an AR's milspec basic cheap OEM trigger. However I may still replace both the trigger and trigger bow eventually but not immediately to save some money.

Overall so far so good with me. Bolt release does take some getting used to but not a deal breaker. Will update with the second half of this review after rounds have been sent downrange finally to complete this short and quick sampled size of one person's take.

Pics to come soon enough.

Size comparison between a 16.5 Tavor and an 11.5 SBR AR15 with stock collapsed. Definitely going to be in the market for a flow through can because I finally found out what a Tavor Face is because dang that's a gassy girl even with the RC2.

bI1NON5.jpg

Back