Politics Shortages all around the world

How long before you take to Pig Rustling .. .....to save yersel a small sum at the Butchers

When yer craving a Bacon Buttie in the Morning
That's funny sh*t!! ? I'm just having more s*x, it's cheaper--free and a lot more satisfying!!

In NZ our forebearers let them go wild. On public land its all free all year.
Albeit you have to fill out a free permit from the department of conservation. Who no doubt would like to tax us like the royal pricks they think they are.
About 2 years ago our Parliament changed the laws to allow hunting wild game on public nature preserves. Prior to the law changing only the Royal Family could legally hunt the game. I remember thinking at the time, if I didn't have plenty of game on my land or couldn't afford to buy meat I'd be hunting a few times a month to put fresh meat on the table. Still have to be a Royal to shoot a fox from a horse but I'm working on that one but if I ever run across a good recipe for fox meat I will kick it in high gear.

I've seen several good sized badgers on my country road route to work, good few pounds on them. Anyone got a badger recipe?

I've seen several good sized badgers on my country road route to work, good few pounds on them. Anyone got a badger recipe?
From what I've read, badger is superior to wild boar but you need to take young specimens because the older ones taste rancid. The preparation is pretty much the same though as wild boar, i.e. you use thyme, pepper and garlic in general. Be sure to soak the meat in a solution of sage over night though to remove any offputting flavour. Also, braising is your method of choice. Once you've shot one, be sure to remove all the fat asap, because it will spoil the meat very quickly.

Are supposed to be full of TB.
I've put literally hundreds of deer on the table and non had TB, I don't have TB yet its claimed deer are carriers. Plenty of pigs around.
Maybe its the meat industry spinning another story.
I've tried possum. Overrated. Hare is gamey but like. Rabbit and a thing called the Paradise duck is the best of the small stuff.
Local safari ranch offering whats known as canned hunt for overseas hunters,.. deer runs around in a paddock until it is felled.
Well they are benevolent enough to stock up with Pheasant and Turkey.

Are supposed to be full of TB.
I've put literally hundreds of deer on the table and non had TB, I don't have TB yet its claimed deer are carriers. Plenty of pigs around.
Maybe its the meat industry spinning another story.
I've tried possum. Overrated. Hare is gamey but like. Rabbit and a thing called the Paradise duck is the best of the small stuff.
Local safari ranch offering whats known as canned hunt for overseas hunters,.. deer runs around in a paddock until it is felled.
Well they are benevolent enough to stock up with Pheasant and Turkey.
Been eating venison fixed all ways since I was a wee lad & never came down with anything weird....but eat one rat on a stick in Afghanistan........
snow14.jpg

I forgot and cleaned the grill pan, to save heating it back up my wife just ate her venision steaks raw. Same with fish, prefers it raw.
Reckon she was an Eskimo a previous life. Eskimo means eats raw food according the Algonquin.

I forgot and cleaned the grill pan, to save heating it back up my wife just ate her venision steaks raw. Same with fish, prefers it raw.
Reckon she was an Eskimo a previous life. Eskimo means eats raw food according the Algonquin.
I like sushi every now and then, but raw meat is something else in my book. I won't even eat Mett which is beloved by lots of Germans (raw minced pork with seasoning).

On the other hand, those "raw-food-eaters" from Alaska to Greenland did it just right from a nutritional point of view. Raw meat does deliver lots of vitamins where you don't have fruits and vegetables.

had some beef tri-tip carpaccio the other day as an appetizer. It was not money well spent on me. :cool: The medium well burger with slice of Beecher cheddar, bacon, homemade pickle, and a side of truffle-dusted potato fries was scrummy though.

I don't shop for food but my Eskimo bought home an off cheese so I took it back for refund. Not that she wouldn't take stuff back for refunds...oh no my Eskimo is a consumer rights warrior with a broken front tooth from scraping someone bigger in school.
So I look around and can't believe the prices. Its all true. I looked at one old guy with his calculator out and basic stuff in the trolley.
I can afford good stuff but I'm cheap like Elon.
So I bought some maple bars, NZ dried apple rings and crackers on special. I'd get the meat from the bush isle thanks.

Last edited:
Being able to eat meat raw might be an important trait when these fuel shortages really kick in.

Great. Still more shortages.

When I went to the store today, I discovered that the baby formula is being kept under lock and key. It seems that it is now so expensive and rare that it is now a theft target. If this shortage continues, some children may end up with developmental issues or worse.

When I went to the store today, I discovered that the baby formula is being kept under lock and key. It seems that it is now so expensive and rare that it is now a theft target. If this shortage continues, some children may end up with developmental issues or worse.
I know the problem we had here was groups clearing the shelves so they could export it to the black markets overseas

I know the problem we had here was groups clearing the shelves so they could export it to the black markets overseas
In our case, one of the main plants that makes it was shut down by the FDA as well as totally jacked up supply systems.