To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was initially for compromise, but I was wrong. This was not about NATO expansion, this was not about Russia's security. This was about a failed state with nukes wanting a seat with the big boys like they were used to. Ironically, they could have taken that seat eventually, but it would not have been on Putin's terms and within his time frame. Sorry Vlad.

Now, they are frustrated, confused, angry and probably afraid, if they haven't taken total leave of their senses. These recent outrages to human decency have convinced me that Putin no longer has any interest in compromise or consequences. That does not mean, however, that he will be given a free hand within the Russian power structure to start a nuclear conflagration. I believe that he has, in fact, signed his own death warrant.

We are in a very dangerous situation right now and time is not on our side, but it is actually much more dangerous for the West not to escalate at this point. We need to step on the gas and provide support to Ukraine while Russia is on the back foot, and before other nations decide to take advantage of this distraction (China). I think a defeat in Ukraine will probably be end for Putin. He may linger on a while, but he will no longer be invincible.
I agree

You know what it sounds like to me? Argentina before the Falklands war. A country that was deteriorating, with low or almost no economic growth. The generals to motivate the population launched a war to gain some support. Putin seems to me to have followed this script.

Of course Russia is still capable, no doubt about it, after all they took a big chunk of Ukraine, has a lot of military tech and etc, but this came at a high cost and with difficulties in maintaining their positions, thanks to the incompetence, disorganization and endemic corruption of the country.

Prolonging the war will be bad for Russia but it will also be bad for Ukraine. It is time to end this war by escalating it. We know that Putin is crazy dog but he is not an idiot. He wouldn't take out his nuclear arsenal because he knows that would be the end of Russia.

The point is that prolonging the war is not only bad for Russia and Ukraine but almost all the other countries have already felt the economic blow of this war. And I believe that no one is satisfied with that.

But unfortunately it will not happen.... the word "WAR" has a huge weight and I believe we have already lost the timing to escalate. I hope i'm wrong though.

A Serbian MP thinks of denazification of the Balkans:
I hope he did not mean the one like in 1999.

The Ukrainians misuse the German SPGs and get surprised if they break down.

They misuuse the Polish Krabs and that’s why the ammo in one of them exploded rather than due to the enemy fire.

Jesus... that comments section... o_O

Is beyond me that so many people obviously have zero grip on reality left and are obviously living in a parallel reality. wow. then again, this isn't endemic to Russia ....

Edit: Thanks for pointing out that it's propaganda, was really doubting mankind itself

They misuuse the Polish Krabs and that’s why the ammo in one of them exploded rather than due to the enemy fire.
that's like saying an airplane is faulty, since it's weapons bays are made for X tons and obviously under condition X you need Z tons. Like the manual says turn the screw once and he turns it three times and wonders the plate has a hole ...

Is it misuse or design flaw that hasn't been fixed?

The WTD tests revealed the problem of "rebound", ie the projectiles moved backwards a little bit between loading the grenade and introducing the propellant charges when the barrel was pointing towards the sky. The barrel MUST point to the sky, that is the principle for indirect fire. If the pomegranate now moves downwards because of the evil Newton - who invented gravity with an apple - there is a problem:
Due to the smaller space, the gas pressure parameters are different, the boom gets bigger and if the boom gets bigger, the loading mechanism moves with more woof and cassation. However, it is not designed for this and then makes because of the higher impulse loads just unplanned earlier the slacker. It's almost like driving a car and regularly only shift up in the red area of the rev counter, something like that doesn't go well for long, so you need more time at the workshop.
With the DM 121 ammunition in 155mm, these "rebound" effects occurred in the tests and there were warnings that this would only lead to "restricted usability". Yeah, it was just ignored, the Wunderwehr can ignore it just fine. Now in a real war you just make more boom with things and then it quickly makes boing or sometimes even crack. That's why you should talk about the ammunition, because if you use other stuff, the problem doesn't exist to this extent.
You can of course continue to ignore it and then send everyone to the Inst every 4 weeks and check for wear and tear, that's also possible. It's just less practical and more expensive.

would we really have a third world war? Russia can't even take all the breakaway cities and hold them, and is now looking for military partners in Iran.
how long would powerful russia and the separatists last if, idk, only 4 or 5 strong countries counterattacked? and I don't even include USA in those countries....
I was against escalation but I'm changing my mind in order to deter this bully.
Could lead to the breakup of Ruskia even further once the cannon fodder work out they were cannon fodder

Once Ruskia has been put to bed, the yanks need to deal with Iran once and for all - bomb them back to the stone age and beyond

1659303894511.webp

Why on Earth would anyone hand out such information in twatter? Wouldn't it be better to try to hide such shortcomings from your enemy and relay the reclamation directly to the manufacturer? Is opsec out of fashion?

Great Synopsis

Ten minute read, but a thoughtful synopsis. If I were smarter I would have written it myself.

Russians with a stake in this war might be very nervous after digesting this, and start looking for an exit strategy.

Last edited: