Other Post Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
Anyone will be following the Rugby WC in September taking place in Japan?

Any bets on who wins this?

My €€€ are on the All Blacks

giphy.gif

Wales have been playing well for a while now - Six Nations Grand Slam and they did well throughout the Autumn Internationals too.

Right now I'd put any of the following as capable of winning it:

NZ
South Africa
England
Wales
Ireland

(and not necessarily in that order)

With France and Australia as whacky outsiders who always seem to step up when the occasion demands it.

The Wallabies surprisingly beat the All Blacks just last week but I don't think its yet an indicator of things to come in a month.

Right now I'd put any of the following as capable of winning it:

NZ
South Africa
England
Wales
Ireland

(and not necessarily in that order)

With France and Australia as whacky outsiders who always seem to step up when the occasion demands it.

Betting on France to win this one is like the lottery, so basically the equivalent of putting your pile of cash in a corner of your house and piss on it. Our team has been more than disappointing for some years now and I don't believe in miracle.

I fancy south Africa . Won the rugby championship last time round after years of NZ domination . I think the northern hemisphere teams will struggle . On paper England are probably the best equipped but the best they can hope for is the semis . Ireland could be worth a punt though they tend to bottle it on the big occasion .

I'm hoping our performance in Perth wasn't a one off and that we can actually start stringing some decent Rugby together. Even if we do resemble a Pacific Islands Barbarians squad more than a traditional Wallabies team.

You'll have a much better idea after tomorrow night at that pit of destruction for Wallaby hopes Eden Park. If they do well there (even without an outright victory), then things will look promising.

No win there since 1986... Which is a good long while.

Since the All Blacks or Wallabies will be in the finals I've decided to root for the general Pacific area.

The general Pacific area, or what Michael Cheika refers to as the Wallabies forward pack.

You'll have a much better idea after tomorrow night at that pit of destruction for Wallaby hopes Eden Park. If they do well there (even without an outright victory), then things will look promising.

Well that was shit.

Depends upon your point of view. From mine it was a considerable improvement on last week. 36-0 is not to be sniffed at.

I'm sniffing and it's not good!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Cheika's family comes from Lebanon, but the board and executive at RA would definitely fit into that area.

Japan beat Russia 30-10 in the opening game. Only saw the second half during my lunchbreak but from what I saw, the scoreline maybe flatters Japan a little. Russia looked pretty good, though were visibly exhausted about fifteen minutes into the second half.

I could only watch about the first 30 minutes of the first half. Russia was solid until they got overwhelmed... Japan is at home and, I’d support them a bit for this and their known “fair-play”.