The Negev foreign ministers summit has created an infrastructure for future defence intelligence collaboration. The meeting at Sde Boker with Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Yair Lapid, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken and the foreign ministers of the UAE, Bahrain, Egypt and Morocco discussed a range of civil and defence matters and it was decided that the event would become an annual meeting. Meanwhile Saudi Arabia is only watching from the side.

According to Israeli and other sources, the UAE, Bahrain and Morocco all asked Israel for defensive weapons systems. The UAE and Bahrain mentioned Iron Dome, the Green Pine radar system and the Arrow system for defence against ballistic missiles. These are not new requests and they have been passed on to Israel through various channels.

At least two of Israel's big three defence companies and two smaller companies have already received enquiries about procurement of Iron Dome and approval of the sale is in the hands of the Ministry of Défense. According to one defence source, a considerable number of the requests will soon be approved and Israel is currently conducting discussions with the US administration, which was party to developing some of the systems.

Rafael Advanced Defence Systems and Israel Aerospace Industries will be the main beneficiaries from Iron Dome procurement deals, if they materialize. Each Iron Dome system costs an estimated tens of millions of dollars not including the interception missiles, which cost $50,000 each.

Morocco, the UAE and Bahrain are only the latest countries to request air defence systems. Iron Dome is currently very much sought after in Europe, first and foremost by Ukraine, although according to reports President Zelenskyy's request was rejected by Israel. "Globes" understands that Ukraine recently re-submitted its request to Israel for Iron Dome, with full US support, but the request was again rejected.

Germany is also reportedly eager to buy Iron Dome and the Green pine radar system to protect Eastern European countries. The request was raised during Chancellor Olaf Scholz's recent visit to Israel.
34F9C18023E80CED442A741C0A_800x392.20180916T133357.jpg

https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-...ek-israeli-missile-defense-systems-1001407372

Qatar:
Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri has launched the fourth Al Zubarah-class corvette on order for Qatar.

The ship Sumaysimah was launched during a ceremony held at Fincantieri's Muggiano shipyard in La Spezia on March 29. Sumaysimah is the final ship of the class to be built by Fincantieri under a contract awarded in 2016.

The multiship order, worth $4.47 billion, also includes the delivery of a landing platform dock (LPD) and two offshore patrol vessels (OPVs).
Fincantieri-Launches-Qatars-Fourth-Air-Defense-Corvette-770x410.jpg.webp

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-new...-launches-qatars-fourth-air-defense-corvette/

Saudi Arabia:
Lockheed Martin won a $1.4 billion contract modification for the production of Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Interceptors and associated one-shot devices to support the US government and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) Foreign Military Sales case requirements.

The THAAD Interceptors and associated one-shot devices will be procured under fixed-price incentive (firm target) contract line items. Work will take place in Texas, California, Arkansas and Alabama. Estimated completion date is August 1, 2027.
1649208328868.jpeg

Fincantieri lays the keel of Qatar's Air Defence LPD

The LPD is designed consistent with the RINAMIL (rules for naval ships classification) rules to ensure extremely efficient land-air-marine connections. It will be highly flexible and capable of fulfilling different kinds of tasks, from humanitarian interventions to support the Armed Forces and land operations.

The ship will be about 143 meters long, 21.5 meters wide and it will be able to accommodate about 550 persons on board, equipped with two vehicle ramps and an internal floodable dock, capable of accommodating a ready-to-go LCM (Landing Craft Mechanized) that can also be stored on garage deck, and can be deployed using a system of davits. Furthermore, the flight deck is sized for hosting NH90 helicopter.

The main mission of the vessel will be air defence. It will work in conjunction with the Al Zubarah-class air defence corvettes and share long range air picture with them. The LPD will be fitted with a Kronos multifunction radar (similar to the one fitted on the corvettes) as well as a new L-Band radar by Leonardo known as Kronos Power Shield. Naval News understands this radar was too large to be fitted on the corvette, this is why this solution (corvette + LPD) was proposed to fit the unique requirement of the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces.

Another unique feature of this LPD is the fact it is fitted with two 8-cell VLS Sylver A50 for medium-range surface-to-air missile system which MBDA has indicated as the Aster 30 Block 1 munitions as part of the SAAM-ESD air-defence system. Although Fincantieri hasn’t released information or commented the AAW capabilities of the LPD, the combination of the MBDA SAAM-ESD with Aster 30 Block 1 missile system, the Leonardo Kronos AESA multifunction radar and the early-detection information from the Kronos Power Shield, all together can provide tactical ballistic missiles defence as similarly offered by the ground-based SAMP/T but with enhanced capabilities
Fincantieri-Lays-Keel-of-Qatars-Air-Defense-LPD-1024x683.jpg.webp

Qatar-Emiri-Naval-Forces-LPD-770x410.jpg.webp

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/05/fincantieri-lays-keel-of-qatars-air-defense-lpd/

Iran:
Two pilots have died after their fighter jet crashed during a training run in Iran’s Isfahan province.

State media confirmed on Tuesday that an F-7 aircraft crashed in Anarak, approximately 200 kilometres (124 miles) east of the city of Isfahan, killing both pilots.

Mohammad Reza Jannesari, a security official from the province, told the semi-official Tasnim news website that the aircraft, which belonged to the army, went down at about 8:10am local time.

“This fighter jet faced technical issues during the training operation and crashed,” he said.

Jannesari identified the two pilots as Major Qasem Zamani and trainee Mohammad Javad Bai.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/24/two-pilots-dead-after-fighter-jet-crash-in-irans-isfahan
2D91F3F6-6E0D-4097-A56B-E0950D45752A_w1023_r1_s.jpg

The F-7 is the export variant of the Chengdu J-7

...The Turkish government is using the threat of non-consensus to try to force a wider change in how NATO conceptualizes security. This facet of Turkish foreign policy has broad support inside the country and the challenge it presents to Turkish-Western relations will endure long past the current impasse over NATO expansion. The sooner leaders in Washington and Brussels confronts this fact, the more effectively they will be able to handle the unmanageable problem it poses.

The perception of Turkey is really bad from the western media. This is because we are the current government because of their wrong policies. But know that 90% of the country, including the opposition and the current government, will veto especially Sweden. The support given to the PKK has no limits. Until today, Turkey has not caused any problems for NATO's enlargement. Our neighbor had vetoed Macedonia for ten years because of the name of the country, which is not even remembered. In fact, when the Ukraine war started, statements were made by saying let's get Ukraine to NATO and finish this job. The point is, why would I take a country that openly supports a terrorist organization that kills my soldiers and civilians into NATO?

The perception of Turkey is really bad from the western media. This is because we are the current government because of their wrong policies. But know that 90% of the country, including the opposition and the current government, will veto especially Sweden. The support given to the PKK has no limits. Until today, Turkey has not caused any problems for NATO's enlargement. Our neighbor had vetoed Macedonia for ten years because of the name of the country, which is not even remembered. In fact, when the Ukraine war started, statements were made by saying let's get Ukraine to NATO and finish this job. The point is, why would I take a country that openly supports a terrorist organization that kills my soldiers and civilians into NATO?

Point well taken, however Erdogan has been off the rail more than once. Not saying you’re one of his faithful supporter or voter and I am under the impression you aren’t too fond of him.

Erdogan has:

- Showed to his actual supporters the video of the Christchurch attack on Muslims to infuriate them and been a dick to Australia and NZ, along with other countries whereas the only responsible of this massacre is the perp and some screw up from NZ police too.

- Refused to condemn the brutal alive beheading of a French teacher in front of his high school by some lunatic Chechen by blaming « racist and blasphemy France ». Mind you, I never liked Charlie Hebdo nor their constant provocation against Muslims, Christians, Jews or making fun of victims of earthquake in Italy but if it’s for the sake of « free speech » then be it. No one should be murdered especially in gruesome circumstances like that over it.

-Blackmailed Europe on Syrian/Kurds/Iraqis refugees to send them to Europe against good €uros. ?

The list goes on.

Unfortunately all of this hasn’t helped to make Turkey, and worst of it is it isn’t even Turkey or its population but Erdo and some of his strong followers look better from a western point of view.

Countries have interests and not necessarily friends, I get it.

YPG and PKK can burn in hell for all I care. Just like IS thugs.

Case in point. I don’t really like that Sweden not only shelter but openly support them but for whatever reason they indeed do.

Honestly I don’t believe Putin is eyeing now on Suomi or Sweden at all. He’s having a hard enough time conquering some parts of eastern Ukraine as it is.

Point well taken, however Erdogan has been off the rail more than once. Not saying you’re one of his faithful supporter or voter and I am under the impression you aren’t too fond of him.

Erdogan has:

- Showed to his actual supporters the video of the Christchurch attack on Muslims to infuriate them and been a dick to Australia and NZ, along with other countries whereas the only responsible of this massacre is the perp and some screw up from NZ police too.

- Refused to condemn the brutal alive beheading of a French teacher in front of his high school by some lunatic Chechen by blaming « racist and blasphemy France ». Mind you, I never liked Charlie Hebdo nor their constant provocation against Muslims, Christians, Jews or making fun of victims of earthquake in Italy but if it’s for the sake of « free speech » then be it. No one should be murdered especially in gruesome circumstances like that over it.

-Blackmailed Europe on Syrian/Kurds/Iraqis refugees to send them to Europe against good €uros. ?

The list goes on.

Unfortunately all of this hasn’t helped to make Turkey, and worst of it is it isn’t even Turkey or its population but Erdo and some of his strong followers look better from a western point of view.

Case in point. I don’t really like that Sweden not only shelter but openly support them but for whatever reason they indeed do.

Honestly I don’t believe Putin is eyeing now on Suomi or Sweden at all. He’s having a hard enough time conquering some parts of eastern Ukraine as it is.
Because of Erdogan's current policies, I have to write them. I am a person who lost my neighbors and friends due to the terrorist attack and I curse all the events you have mentioned. Be assured that every sane Turkish person has been very upset and cursed by these events. All the events related to Erdogan that you mentioned are nothing but a stance he took for the sake of domestic politics and votes. Because there is a huge education problem in my country and they benefit from it. However, this does not mean that all mistakes are caused by Erdoğan. We are in very interesting times, at a time when the whole world is out of whack.

Erdogan has:

The list goes on.

Wtf are you talkin about old men. Erdo doesn't give sht to Muslims or french teacher or some weirdo cartoon drawer killed by some Yemeni goat f*ckers.
"Refused to condemn the brutal alive beheading of a French teacher" bruhh

Wait BİG BRUHHH MOMENTUM

you know nothing ABOUT politics. In 2010 Frenchies let Khaddafi downed. Than in 2020 Turkish intelligence seized entire western Libya. That triggered Total oil company. True owner of France.

After that French send aircraft carrier to assist Greece if any shot's would fired french will declare war on Turkey. Openly threatening us calling NATO brain dead trying to establish EU army so they can get revenge. Givin jet's with high priority etc. Also who knows what macaroni said to putin cuz after hes visit war started in few days. Remember long table issue. French weirdo's can't locate some Yemeni al Qaida militia who commited hebdo attack either Paris isis bomber's. They blamed all Muslims in same basket. After that teacher viciousness they keep doing that same sht throwing policy instead of calling " barbarian attack " Muslim attack islamic attack etc. Erdo sees opportunity to cause civil unrest cuz French did also to us using separatism card supporting Greece stuff etc. He caused small embargo to Frenchies. That's he how counter revenge France. Nothing to do with goatfcr jihad lover's.

About refugees blackmailing?? Why we host so many of them alone in first place? Why Europe is against safe zone like we created in Iraq against saddam in 90s? Türkish people will down Erdogan and new regime is constantly promising they would send them directly to Europe or butcher them we don't care. Erdogan lost already cuz of this. Do you think we are Dog shelter or something?? If you European's & Muricans so democratic and civilizationist get some of them. Ohh no sure you will not host them like Ukrainians don't you cuz they will r@pe your demografical Numbers ain't they?

Don't worry about Sweden and Finland we are neutral ally's with Sweden since 1600s they have better army to defend their selfs against shty BTR APCs. We don't really care they hosting few dozen terrorist etc. Frenchies host and supplies more. We want deal's with US and Russia. To secure that God damn safe zone so we can send back refugees before we massacre them. Turkey knows Islamic terrorism before Europe & Murica tasted after 9/11, Turkey was busy with clearing Hezbollah and PKK in our country. PKK pushed to northern Iraq Hezbollah to bekaa valley. We lost 900+ Police to Islamic terror. So it's like teaching a doctor how to bandaging. Turkey is Secular FOREVER ♾️ so as hes president

That’s a very much unfriendly and upset retort for something that seemed like a reasonable post of mine.

I appreciate the clarification as much as I approve of drunken posts. Hope it was a great Belgian beer though?

Okay let’s carry on. ?

“Turkey’s careful balancing act between its NATO allies and Russia has generally been recognized in the West, sometimes with much praise. How Turkey will maneuver between clashing Western and Russian interests in the near future will shape Western appetite for Turkey’s return to their procurement system,” said Ozgur Eksi, a defense analyst in Ankara.