Politics How to lose an ally, the American way...

Junglejim

Mi Major General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
How to lose an Ally like the Philippines...
1. Meddle in its internal affairs specially when they have no clue on what is happening...

2. Threaten embargoes simply buy buying equipment from other sources...

Situation on the ground is we have an administration that wants to form an independent policy. Which jusdging froma very high approval rate and good economy, is well accepted by the people. So far the west have demonized the Philippines to the point on siding with Senator De Lima, the lady was literally partying inside the prison with drug lords. So now it would be interesting since the following are up for purchase, which the US can have a big impact in...

- The Blackhawks to be built in Poland (results of the Canadian Bell412 fiasco)
- The T-129 ATAK attack choppers from Turkey, which is in danger of being burned due to CAATSA embargo to Turkey, the back up plan are the Vipers, but in danger of going Russian
- The medium lift helos, air force wanted the Chinook, but the President reminded them that he already ate his words going with the Blackhawk, so this time we go Russian with the Mi17s... the worry again is the CAATSA, I highly suggest the US listens to Mattis and let these ones go.
- Multi Role Fighters: Grippen vs the Viper, with the Viper close to winning, given the pilots are already being trained in the US... again, the US senators might have a word to say about this, so there might just be a Mig or Su in our horizon
- The Submarines, PN wants the French offer, but given their UNCHR debacle, it leaves the SOKOR Tender or the Russian one
- The Light Tank/ Tank destroyer program, ASCOD was in the bag, but now the President just told them to re look at the SOKor and Turkish offers.

Ones the Philippines go Eastern on weaponry Im pretty sure the Missile Program will have the same faith. This leaves the Japanese to try and keep the western connection ties open... so far it is the only ally that the Philippines trusts wholeheartedly.

Despite of the headline and what the media portrays the President as madman... his words actually are sane an hits a sentiment: Example of a headline, that is far from the actual tone...

And no, he wont go away, come next election the guy who wins is the guy that he endorses.

Last edited:
How many of your allies can go to Russia and speak in front Putin about the strength of your nations bond to the US?
Not as crackpoty as how the West sees him....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How to lose an Ally like the Philippines...
1. Meddle in its internal affairs specially when they have no clue on what is happening...

2. Threaten embargoes simply buy buying equipment from other sources...

Situation on the ground is we have an administration that wants to form an independent policy. Which jusdging froma very high approval rate and good economy, is well accepted by the people. So far the west have demonized the Philippines to the point on siding with Senator De Lima, the lady was literally partying inside the prison with drug lords. So now it would be interesting since the following are up for purchase, which the US can have a big impact in...

- The Blackhawks to be built in Poland (results of the Canadian Bell412 fiasco)
- The T-129 ATAK attack choppers from Turkey, which is in danger of being burned due to CAATSA embargo to Turkey, the back up plan are the Vipers, but in danger of going Russian
- The medium lift helos, air force wanted the Chinook, but the President reminded them that he already ate his words going with the Blackhawk, so this time we go Russian with the Mi17s... the worry again is the CAATSA, I highly suggest the US listens to Mattis and let these ones go.
- Multi Role Fighters: Grippen vs the Viper, with the Viper close to winning, given the pilots are already being trained in the US... again, the US senators might have a word to say about this, so there might just be a Mig or Su in our horizon
- The Submarines, PN wants the French offer, but given their UNCHR debacle, it leaves the SOKOR Tender or the Russian one
- The Light Tank/ Tank destroyer program, ASCOD was in the bag, but now the President just told them to re look at the SOKor and Turkish offers.

Ones the Philippines go Eastern on weaponry Im pretty sure the Missile Program will have the same faith. This leaves the Japanese to try and keep the western connection ties open... so far it is the only ally that the Philippines trusts wholeheartedly.

Despite of the headline and what the media portrays the President as madman... his words actually are sane an hits a sentiment: Example of a headline, that is far from the actual tone...

And no, he wont go away, come next election the guy who wins is the guy that he endorses.

I've never heard of De Lima, but I know that Dick Durbin is an asshat.

Thats the thing right, nobody has hear of her but she is used as a political ploy, not just at the US but also in the EU. It seems like the Philippines will be used as a tool to hurt Trumps international policies, given Duterte keeps mentioning "I see Trump as a friend, compared to the previous administrations"

I've never heard of De Lima, but I know that Dick Durbin is an asshat.
De Lima (the druglord protector senator) and her party (Liberal party and the former president et. al) has connections with the US democrats and the globalists.

I would still prefer to be allied with the US, but the US is really fcked up nowadays, though Trump and his administration might be willing to help the Philippines but the democrat-controlled US congress might block whatever he has on the table for us, so it seems the only choice we have to continue modernizing our armed forces is to deal with the Russians, South Korea (their indigenous hardware) and Israel. Likewise, I have doubts dealing with western Europe will help us in this endeavor.

The West has departed from Realpolitik and any strategical sense. Ist all about being hysterical, alarmist and out of this world.

In a way we are dumbing down by letting people with simple ideas dictate the political discussion and climate.

We have to sort this out at home first.

Lets see what evolves on a global scale.

If the West steps back and lets Russia and China fill the void a whole new sitution might arise with new problems.

I think it is a mistake to subdue oneself to autocratic countries with global aspirations, it will not become better and they are as self centered if not more than the West.

Maybe we need a new systems competition. So that the overall societal success prevails.