Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
It is with absolute regret that I have to inform you that we will be soon closing our doors.

Due to the increase in the cost of living and a dramatic change to my financial situation I cannot maintain the costs of running our site.

The cost of our server fees has now reached in excess of $3000 dollars per annum

Our advert revenue barely covers a quarter of that and I just cant manage to cover the shortfall for another year as I have in the past years.

You may be wondering why given that our fees need to be paid on 18 April that I am only just advising you now, up until two days ago I had secured (or thought I had) a business sponsor who in exchange for ad placement agreed to cover the next years fees, unfortunately he has pulled out now, hence the late announcement.

As you all know I have been running this site for 20+ years and have always been in a position to fund it personally however I cant do that anymore. Mi.Net has been a big part of my life and I can assure you nobody is more disappointed than me.

I have looked at selling the site but to be honest given the low ads revenue I doubt I would get much for it, certainly not enough to warrant the effort and I could not guarantee what the new owner would do with it.

I have thought long and hard about this and done everything in my power to prevent it but alas to no avail.

I hope you all find another home on the Interweb but for now we do have a Facebook page you could visit if you saw fit.
MILITARYIMAGES.NET

Kind regards and good luck for the future
Bombardier

Thank you Bombardier for having sheltered those of us left « homeless » after the sad demise of MPNET/TheMess too.

Not much to add, as I told you very little people in this awful day and age of TikTok and Instagram/FB reels can afford to spend as much even to maintain such a great site running.

Truly glad to have been a member, best and farewell to all!

I appreciate everything you have done to support this site, I can only guess at the mountain of effort and resources you have given over the years. It will be missed.

Thanks for all the fish!notworthy;

I am absolutely devastated to bring this news to you all, I don't know what online military community could be better than ours and I stay awake at night wondering what it could could have been. Stay safe my lovely members and remember that you and your input were always always respected.

With my deepest and most sincere regards, stay safe, look after yourselves and your families.

Bombardier is signing out for the last time

I think the advertising is about one quarter mate, so we would have a long way to go. The fact that you are making that offering means so much to me but I doubt that we would reach our target in time. God bless you sir and thank you for being such an awesome member.

Gods Speed, Bomabrdier

Damn can we hold it off till July? I'm starting training to my old airline and looking at the timings, the salary will kick in in July. By then I think i can contribute significantly on a monthly basis if need be.

First of al Bombardier, I hope nothing of these news will have too much of an impact on the quality of your personal life. I wish you the best. As well as the mods and contributors.

So the forum ends, but it made its mark iand gave us a place for such great time. We should rejoice that thanks to your efforts, among those of others, you have made such a great place.

The Buddhist monks build for months amazing sand drawings with extreme care and perfectionism. They are beautiful, put out in the open for all to see, and then because that is the cycle of life let out in the wind and each grain of sand flies away returning to the world as dust.

There is something of that here.

I wish good fortune to all those who have made and managed the forum, the participants, even when strong disagreements did arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back