Photos Personal Photos and Tributes made for other veterans of RVN Also eventually my AD service in Tx.

OldGuy

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
United-States
I started moving a few things from another image host so as to keep it easier for people to go through all the images since there will be many. I placed the start on flic.kr and still have a lot of searching to find the last most recent Tributes made before I stopped using facebook. Only a few of us people who flew together are left and I don't talk to them but rarely unless one contacts me via email. This past year at least 5 or 6 have passed on. Enjoy the Tributes, this small handful is but a mere token as to how many I have made over the years. I didn't keep accurate count but believe the number is around 200. Storage was always hard for me because I couldn't afford to buy new hard drives so often due to the images taking up so much space. All were finished at 1680x1050 and moved to different host and I noticed that when I download them back as a host stops giving the space the quality is always poor due to their, the host compression they use. I kept true copies so I would always have a good copy that was original but at times there are some that are not as I first released them. I never did this for money nor would I ever and I am not able any longer to do them due to my own health issues and time involved. Just as well because there aren't as many of us today and I always ask if anyone wanted a Tribute to leave behind for their families I did get a lot of request. Over time that completely stopped and many of these guys are gone now.

I started moving a few things from another image host so as to keep it easier for people to go through all the images since there will be many. I placed the start on flic.kr and still have a lot of searching to find the last most recent Tributes made before I stopped using facebook. Only a few of us people who flew together are left and I don't talk to them but rarely unless one contacts me via email. This past year at least 5 or 6 have passed on. Enjoy the Tributes, this small handful is but a mere token as to how many I have made over the years. I didn't keep accurate count but believe the number is around 200. Storage was always hard for me because I couldn't afford to buy new hard drives so often due to the images taking up so much space. All were finished at 1680x1050 and moved to different host and I noticed that when I download them back as a host stops giving the space the quality is always poor due to their, the host compression they use. I kept true copies so I would always have a good copy that was original but at times there are some that are not as I first released them. I never did this for money nor would I ever and I am not able any longer to do them due to my own health issues and time involved. Just as well because there aren't as many of us today and I always ask if anyone wanted a Tribute to leave behind for their families I did get a lot of request. Over time that completely stopped and many of these guys are gone now.

Thank you for the work you put in (and your service).

Would you mind if I uploaded your pictures to this site as well?

Thank you for the work you put in (and your service).

Would you mind if I uploaded your pictures to this site as well?
You are welcome to load them. I will load more today into the album until I get it full. It is allowed to have 1000 images so there is plenty of space. I haven't felt well since I posted the first few and then having some other things to take care of but I do plan on getting them up. I looked for two youtube videos made by an Army Pilot who flew with the 229th aslt hel co. He made two videos that covered both his tours. Probably the best videos that I have seen showing what the true life of a gunship crew was like. A lot of difference in tactics due to the terrain differences in the central highlands and the delta where I was at. My last gunship I flew on in my first year was a replacement that came from the Air Cav and they left the doors that had been painted with the Cav art, one is in this first batch of photos. It took us a while to get two doors painted but we managed. Painting was not a priority for those over worked hangar men, you cannot say enough about how great those guys were with 24/7 work going on.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

I've created the album. I hope I got the info correct. When you upload your other pictures I will add those too.

The album has 190 in now, there will be same templates for my 2 companies. I saw that we were losing a lot of people very quickly so I just made a single template to be sure and get people their Tributes. It was always about the names of people remembered not so much the images. I was making a different tribute for everyone for a long time and it would have taken a long time to catch up had I continued. Finally the last year I made them the request begin to taper off so I left facebook and haven't made any for over two years. It takes a lot of time to get information and then expect to make several changes before they were ready.. There are still more on drives I have boxed

I know the feeling. Sometimes time is simply in too short supply and a more pragmatic approach is required.

Album has been updated.