Book Help!

surfpunk

Mi Major General
MI.Net Member
United-States
Hi there.
I am trying to locate a book I read long ago, it was a collection of short accounts of various campaigns in the pacific, I think written by those who were there, or at least close to the events. There was story about the fall of Singapore, one about some commando raid from Australia into Japanese held territory, one about part of the Burma campaign, another about the invasion of Wake Island and I think there was also some accounts of some of the USMC island hopping, broken into the different islands, at least 2 or 3 stories about that. All of these stories were written by different people, and I cannot find my dog eared copy. Thanks!

Tales of the South Pacific is a Pulitzer Prize-winning collection of sequentially related short stories by James A. Michener about the Pacific campaign in World War II. The stories are based on observations and anecdotes he collected while stationed as a lieutenant commander in the US Navy on the island of Espiritu Santo in the New Hebrides Islands (now known as Vanuatu ). @surfpunk

Last edited: