Laptop Help

downsizer

Mi Major
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Ticking noises usually means the hard drive is about to die. Back up anything you don’t want to lose right away.

I currently roll out Microsoft Surface Pro laptops to staff. Keyboard, 16GB RAM, i5 processor and 256GB disk space. It does all the things you mentioned. 16GB RAM is a minimum spec these days as Windows 11 is a greedy pig.

At home we have had 2 Lenovo's, at about £400 each. Amazon. 3 year warranty. Neither has had the slightest problem. Avoid curry's like the plague. Thats the shop, not the food.

I used to run a Lenovo fleet at work, but then during COVID they became impossible to buy from - orders were pushed out again and again. 6,7,8-12 months for delivery.

Was looking at this.....

Thoughts?

The specs look fine mate, I made the mistake of buying a HP laptop with only 8Gb of Memory (RAM) and it sucks so need to get the RAM upgraded, 16Gb should be fine for you. my browser takes up about 60% of the 8Gb memory alone and causes me some issues when browsing websites when doing other tasks.

Of course it also depends on what you are going to use it for but for general use all good IMHO :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mate I have made a rookie error whilst trying to move your post to the Question Forum and have merged them all into one :rolleyes::eek: