Terror Explosion rocks central Beirut

Anyone else find it interesting that neither Hezbollah nor Iran are screaming "Death to Israel"?

Anyone else find it interesting that neither Hezbollah nor Iran are screaming "Death to Israel"?

They've done more damage to themselves in three days (Beirut, Ukrainian passenger plane and the naval fireworks) than they have to Israel in a decade. This was like a small taste of what the IAF would do to them if they actually tried for real.

When the explosion happened, a new mushroom shaped cloud rapidly developed and expanded rapidly over a wide area, inland over the port and out over the water. This has an orange, red/brown colour which is characteristic of nitrogen dioxide, one of the decomposition products of ammonium nitrate, which is a very good indicator that this substance was involved and the likely source of the explosion.

Look at these secondary explosions, right before the massive one. These aren't bottle rockets going off from the "fireworks factory", these are real explosives or rocket boosters or something. Some smart people are saying this was a Hezbollah missile dump next to the AN storage building. Also, Lebanese have been warning about getting rid of that stuff for years. Someone kept overruling them, however. Did Hezbollah want that AN kept there to make explosives out of? Somehow, Hezbollah's and Iran's behavior make me feel they have something to hide.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Interesting theory posted elsewhere.

The story about the AmNi getting seized by the Lebanese government is legit, but Hezbollah took advantage of the situation and delayed its removal to use for its projects, kind of like a 'lending library.' If the Lebanese government tried to 're-export' the load, it would come up short and questions would be asked, so the load has remained in place as Hezbollah nibbled away at it. Israel could not touch it either, because of what happened now. Israel wants Lebanon to be stable, and this catastrophe shows why they did not bomb it years back.

In for a penny in for a pound. While I'm on this thought train, this:

Some smart people are saying
They might be saying that, doesn't mean they're right. I don't understand why you've picked this hill to die on, to be honest.

Pretty much the only people contending this theory are those who'd like to blame Israel for what would be a most reckless military action, the slaying of hundreds and the destruction of half the city of Beirut. I'd rather those rumours died down. They're dangerous and, at this point, entirely unnecessary.

They might be saying that, doesn't mean they're right. I don't understand why you've picked this hill to die on, to be honest.

Pretty much the only people contending this theory are those who'd like to blame Israel for what would be a most reckless military action, the slaying of hundreds and the destruction of half the city of Beirut. I'd rather those rumours died down. They're dangerous and, at this point, entirely unnecessary.

LOL! No plans to die on this hill. But there are things that simply don't make sense to me.

1) A "fireworks factory"? Really?

2) The Lebanese government already had this whole thing figured out, literally within minutes of the blast? Case closed. Really? Something is up with that.

3) Lebanon is broke. No one decides to sell several million dollars worth of AN taking up valuable storage space in a busy port warehouse next to their national reserve of grain? Or at least distribute it to Lebanese farmers for free? This for seven years?

4) There are three explosions, each one larger than the previous. The secondaries look like pretty big stuff cooking off, certainly not "fireworks".

5) Hezbollah and Iran should have been screaming Death to Israel by now. They absolutely haven't. Why?

Furthermore, the port is controlled by the government. Who controls the government? Hezbollah. Who controls Hezbollah? Iran. This very well could be an accident. But I believe we just saw Hezbollah/Iran's stockpile of missiles go up in smoke as well as what was left of the 2750 tons of AN. I don't think the Lebanese people will appreciate having their capital city blown up by these clowns. It would certainly unite the Lebanese people against Hezbollah/Iran. And that's why they are keeping a low profile.

Last edited:
The AN was almost certainly tied up in 30 miles of red tape over various legal issues. Including "who owns and is responsible for it".

Even ME nations don't generally go around confiscating property and giving it away no matter how valuable without legal procedures being followed.

The AN was almost certainly tied up in 30 miles of red tape over various legal issues. Including "who owns and is responsible for it".

Even ME nations don't generally go around confiscating property and giving it away no matter how valuable without legal procedures being followed.

Who paid for 7 years of storage?

There is or was a ship deployed with a United Nations peacekeeping force in the harbor. Do they have at least a rudimentary chem lab and staff on board capable of taking samples for analyses of explosives residue?