Photos Afghan Armed Forces (Prior to 2021)

The French Military seems to have their orderly evacuation plan down to a science. I'm asking questions & making some notes. Good job France. We really need the safety & security of Bagram......
Well they sure know how to retreat.

aww come on, nobody here thought of saying it?!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interestingly the French special police force RAID is working with special forces to extract the Afghans we have vetted. They were blocked in the Embassy but have been safely driven to the airport and flown out. Very good job.

I love the videos coming out showing Talibans being ruthless occupiers... erm, thats why they won and have a better chance of keeping their gains.

I love the videos coming out showing Talibans being ruthless occupiers... erm, thats why they won and have a better chance of keeping their gains.
I thought we had killed all of the ruthless ones, leaving the ice cream eating Libans in charge?

Occupiers of their own country to boot . I think the west needs to reflect on its own actions over the last 20 years in Afghanistan before passing judgement on others otherwise it risks making exactly the same mistakes moving forward .
They knew for at least 10 years that the war was a no hope situation but continued to bomb instead of facing reality and lied to domestic populations that everything was going great . That seems to be the bigger crime here as apposed to what the Taliban are doing or may do .

Panjshir's resistance captured Chaharikar, capital of Parwan province, and the districts of Jabalussaraj and Sayed Khel.

I haven't seen any confirmation to this yet.
Great, the meatgrinder is on again. Supporting armed insurgency against Taliban will make Americans feel themselves a bit better amid total collapse.

As if winning Olympics is not enough... ? ? ?

Yes you are right remember how Taliban executed surrendered ana personnel mercilessly but afghan just keeping human rights in mind didn't executed nearly more than 10,000 captured Talibanis

Anti-Taliban Forces Massing In Panjshir Valley, Says Russia​

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Thursday that a Taliban resistance is forming in Afghanistan's Panjshir Valley led by vice president Amrullah Saleh and Ahmad Massoud, the son of a famed anti-Taliban fighter.

"The Taliban doesn't control the whole territory of Afghanistan," Lavrov told reporters at a press conference in Moscow following a meeting with his Libyan counterpart.

"There are reports of the situation in the Panjshir Valley where the resistance of Afghanistan's vice president Mr Saleh and Ahmad Massoud is concentrated," he said.

Lavrov also reiterated his call for an inclusive dialogue involving all political players in Afghanistan for the formation of a "representative government".

The Panjshir Valley northeast of Kabul is Afghanistan's last remaining holdout, known for its natural defences.

Panjshir Commander Ahmad Massoud offers deal to the Taliban​

Operatives working for Ahmad Massoud, the 32-year-old resistance leader commanding anti-Taliban forces in the Panjshir valley in north-eastern Afghanistan, have contacted the new Taliban government in Kabul and proposed a deal, a representative of Mr Massoud told The National.

The precise terms of Mr Massoud’s proposal to the Taliban are confidential, said Mahdi Housaini, an aide to Mr Massoud authorised to speak on his behalf.

But the broad outlines include a commitment from the Taliban not to attempt entry to the valley, and to give other political parties a say in their new government.

Mr Massoud commands a force of several thousand men, who are holed up in Panjshir, which is surrounded on all sides by Taliban-held territory.

They have been joined by upwards of 100 soldiers from the Afghan National Army Commando Corps, who retreated to the valley last weekend, as it became clear that the Taliban’s takeover of Kabul was assured.

They have brought with them a fleet of armoured personnel carriers and attack helicopters, Mr Housaini says.

He also stated that Afghanistan’s former vice president, Amrullah Saleh, is in the valley. Mr Saleh has not publicly confirmed that he is in Panjshir, though he has written on social media channels that he is still inside Afghanistan.

Panjshir is the only one of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces that has not been taken by the Taliban.

From sources on the ground in Kabul:
Taliban effectively not honoring their word.
Obstructing ingress points to the airport, beating and harassing evacuees, scaring many off by beating them with sticks and firing their guns in the air near them.
US troops prohibited from expanding perimeter or helping.

I knew he was a woke stooge, I just never realized how dumb SecDef Austin was.

Apparently US troops at the airport are furious that Austin has ordered them to stay put and not go out on patrol to rescue Americans.

Last edited:
Well, he is his father's son......so........
He barely knew his father. Massoud Sr died when he was 11 or something and prior to that he mainly lived outside of Afganistan. Its funny to watch how he is trying to play national hero now whereas there is no real succession between the two.