Photos Afghan Armed Forces (Prior to 2021)

reinforcement teams at the airport

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure how things can improve… we are basically witnessing Afghanistan going 20 years backward.
Seemingly in the blink of an eye.

the taliban are making the right noises, education for women, no attack on Kabul, will have to see, once they have control, if the hardliners push the ‘moderates’ out, and all the nice stuff starts happening….

maybe they should sell holidays- 2 weeks in the dark ages- bring your own sword- like west world…..

no retreat ever looks ‘good’ I guess we thought all that $$ would hold for a week or 2…..

American soldiers open fire on Afghans approaching planes at Kabul airport.

So like.
They F***ed up the withdrawal by leaving not only everything, but also everyone behind.
And then they returned and F***ed up the evacuation too.

Basically, yes.

A miracle to plane crashed so far.

But hey! Blinken said it was no Saigon. And still a great success!

Biden team yeah! /o/

Although I can't find the original report (It was presumably broadcast, rather than being in an article), more than a few twitter users last night were stating that Channel 4 news reported that the British Ambassador was staying on the ground as long as possible in order to process visas for local staff and interpreters.

Apologies - video for the report

Interesting contrast with how the US "organized themselves" though.

Many countries and embassadors are remaining.

Some embassies are still operating, some with reduced personnel the rest having been evacuated.

On the other the Biden went full "f*ck this I'm out! Best of luck everybody! Every man for himself!"

Kabul university 1975...

1629112219678.png

Many countries and embassadors are remaining.

Some embassies are still operating, some with reduced personnel the rest having been evacuated.
The German embassy is scheduled to be evacuated today by German paratroopers. This includes the German embassy staff and their Afghan helpers and assistants. Seeing though how chaotic Kabul airport has become, I fear this operation is going to be a big challenge.

The only part of the Afghan Security Forces that were willing to fight were the special forces. And they got abandoned by their own people.

The Afghan military were known for years to be incompetent and cowards. The ANA and police were known to be backstabbers.

Why the Afghan army is so helpless
In related news, corruption is obviously the main cause for the utter failure of the ANA. I'm just reading a news report where they quote Peter Neumann of London's King's College. For years, many Afghan government soldiers only existed on paper with their salaries going to corrupt commanders and other officials. "When soldiers learn that superior officers are getting rich by selling gear and fuel to the enemy, the moral of your troops will collapse. ... The idea of a continuous success in building a nation has been an illusion for 20 years."