Photos Afghan Armed Forces (Prior to 2021)

1631018668396.png

Taliban fighters in Kabul fire their guns in celebration after receiving unconfirmed reports that Panjshir Province had fallen to their forces on Sept 3, 2021. PHOTO: NYTIMES

Ex-hungarian AMD-65 assault rifle.

But I thought the West is not needed there anymore? So we went away offering to cooperate but it is turned down. So apparently it is not our problem.

Its the others turn now which are far more affected than a continent or two away Westerners.

How's it running in Syria for Russia just to have a benchmark?

Its sad for the Afghan people anyway. Their medical system is already collapsing.

Good luck in getting development there without troops for protection. Only Talibans to bribe and they are not known for being exactly trustworthy :)

Can quickly change their mind and chop you up.

So what should we do there now? Any suggestions?

I tell you: NOTHING

end of story

“Our true strategic competitors — China and Russia — would love nothing more than the United States to continue to funnel billions of dollars in resources and attention into stabilizing Afghanistan indefinitely,” Mr. Biden said at the White House on Monday.

They can now stabilise it on their own. If they so wish.

View attachment 333256

Taliban fighters in Kabul fire their guns in celebration after receiving unconfirmed reports that Panjshir Province had fallen to their forces on Sept 3, 2021. PHOTO: NYTIMES

Ex-hungarian AMD-65 assault rifle.
Hmmm.....

I wonder who these guys are? Hungarian weapons. Baseball caps. No beards.

Look at that picture FLYNAVY posted of the Hand of God Stuff........ Am I mistaken or does that mountainside to the left of the rock slide look like that very thing....... Notice the appearance of Jesus on the hillside, there's the pale skin face with a brown beard, then what looks like a crown of thorns on the head and then the body with a brown shawl or robe on looking to the left......I actually thought that's what he was referring to!!

DO YOU SEE IT??? Crazy huh!!
I kinda see it. I didn't shoot that video, someone emailed it to me of the valley when they blew the hillside. I'm a Christian but not one of those constantly preaching about. I do however talk to God several times a day especially on those lonely midnight flights over the mountains. At altitude I do feel like I'm a little closer to God & maybe he can hear my prayers better. I do think some days I do see hand of God stuff & answers to prayer. Seeing war & especially people suffering lately I'm constantly asking him why he doesn't fix things for these poor people. We are doing the best we can for them but they need a lot more than what we can do for them. It hurts to see this unfold & not be able to fix it.

It's the local custom here to fling poo at the image of the former President apparently. I wonder if that was more than one poo flinging person or an elephant. My sense of humor may be taking a dark turn lately. Very few hospitals are operating anymore. I think most doctors, nurses & other professionals have been evacuated. No complete manifests of people that need to exfil but Canada & Germany are estimating 1K & 6K each still to exfil. Passport holding citizens. Damn.
President Ghani.JPG

But I thought the West is not needed there anymore? So we went away offering to cooperate but it is turned down. So apparently it is not our problem.

Its the others turn now which are far more affected than a continent or two away Westerners.

How's it running in Syria for Russia just to have a benchmark?

Its sad for the Afghan people anyway. Their medical system is already collapsing.

Good luck in getting development there without troops for protection. Only Talibans to bribe and they are not known for being exactly trustworthy :)

Can quickly change their mind and chop you up.

So what should we do there now? Any suggestions?

I tell you: NOTHING

end of story

“Our true strategic competitors — China and Russia — would love nothing more than the United States to continue to funnel billions of dollars in resources and attention into stabilizing Afghanistan indefinitely,” Mr. Biden said at the White House on Monday.

They can now stabilise it on their own. If they so wish.

i love how this whole thing suddenly turned into Russia and China fooling the US into invading Afghanistan
inb4 Russian hackers caused 9/11

I’m not quite sure how exactly does giving weapons to Taliban and providing them with 20 years of fighting experience all the while stuffing your own pockets with western tax payer money and inflating the high ranking military bureaucracy classified as “stabilising Afghanistan”.
But to each his own definition I guess.
Also not quite sure about your remarks concerning Syria. But it seems like there, unlike in Afghanistan, the government is solidly set on fighting for survival, and it seems to have achieved its goals.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmmm.....

I wonder who these guys are? Hungarian weapons. Baseball caps. No beards.
the AMD assault rifles were given to the afghan police as aid... so they might as well be, quickly siding with the taliban...

How much does the "Big Guy" get?

ha0u.jpg

Let's unpack...

The new PM Mullah Akhund is under UN sanctions. He's been the head of the Rehbari Shura, or leadership council. He was previously the foreign minister and then deputy prime minister during the Taliban’s last stint in power from 1996-2001.

1st Deputy Ghani Baradar was the chief Taliban negotiator in Qatar, he was freed from a Pakistani prison in 2018 under request from the US. For a while he has been considered the de facto leader of the Taliban.

The 2nd deputy, Abdul Salam Hanafi, is more of a spiritual guy. Was present in Doha. Not much more publicly known.

The new defense minister, Mohammad Yaqoob, is absolutely a figure to watch. Son of the founder of the Taliban, he has a serious power base inside the movement. He appeared in 2015, supported the peace process, and was probably the main person who made the ceasefire work.

The interior minister Sirajuddin Haqqani is also the leader of the Haqqani network, so definitely on the extreme end of the Taliban political spectrum.

Amir Khan Muttaqi is the new FM. Former Minister of Information and Culture, and he was present in Doha with the negotiation team. Right as Kabul fell it was rumored that he was trying to hash out a transitional government with Abdullah Abdullah and Hamid Karzai.

I'm sort of unfamiliar with Hidayatullah Badri, but the Finance Ministry is going to be an absolute clusterfvck for the next few years.

The new Broadcast Minister is a former Guantanimo jailbird. Khairullah Khairkhwa is the former governor of Herat. He was released in late May 2014 in a prisoner exchange that involved Bowe Bergdahl and the Taliban five. Karzai actually demanded his release in 2011, saying that he was a moderate and his freedom would further the peace process.

The new Minister of Economic Affairs, Qari Din Hanif, is actually an interesting figure. He is one of the few non-Pashtuns in senior Taliban leadership. He was also part of the Doha negotiation team. He was the Minister of Planning and Minister of Higher Education from 96-01.

The new Hajj minister, Noor Mohammad Saqib, is actually still under pre 9/11 UN sanctions from when he was a member of the Taliban Supreme Council and head of its Religious Committee. He was responsible for crafting and administering religious law.

The new Law Minister is Abdul Hakim Munib. Hardliner and one of the chief negotiators in Doha.

Another member of the Taliban Five released from Guantanimo in a prisoner exchange that involved Bowe Bergdahl. Norullah Noori is the new Borders and Tribes Minister. Quite the complicated character.

The new Minister for Petroleum and Mining, Muhammad Issa Akhund, is the former Taliban shadow governor for Paktika province.

The new Minister for Water and Power, Mullah Abdul Latif Mansoor, was previously the Minister of Agriculture, and a member of the Taliban Supreme Council from 96-01. He was the shadow governor of Nangarhar Province and was responsible for a large portion of the insurgency there.

Abdul Baqi Haqqani is the new Higher Education Minister. He stated that women had the right to study, but that women students would study in separate classrooms to men students. He is sanctioned by the EU for "organizing militant activities"

The new Telecommunication Minister, Najibullah Haqqani, previously held the roles of Deputy Minister of Public Works and Deputy Minister of Finance. During the insurgency, he was responsible for militant activities in Kunar and Laghman Provinces. Currently under UN sanctions.

Khalil Haqqani, leader of the (terror group) Haqqani network, has been appointed to the role of Refugees Minister. Over the past few weeks, he has established himself in charge of security in Kabul. It is also reported that he has a major shadow role inside the government.

New Director of Intelligence, Abdul Haq Wasiq is a former Guantanamo detainee and a member of the Taliban Five. He was the Deputy Minister of Intelligence under the former Taliban government and has known connections to Al Qaeda.

Deputy Defense Minister, Muhammad Fazil is another member of the Taliban Five. He was the former Deputy Defense Minister. In that role, he is alleged to be responsible for killing thousands of Shi'a Afghans between 1996 and late 2001.

The new Chief of Army Staff, Qari Fasihuddin, lead the Taliban advance into the Panjshir valley. He was formerly the Deputy Commander of the Military Commission. He is one of the two Tajiks in the new Taliban cabinet.

Deputy Foreign Minister, Muhammad Abbas Stanikzai, is the closest the Taliban can get to a career diplomat. Under the previous Taliban government, he was the deputy minister of foreign affairs. He traveled to Washington in 1996 to ask then US president Clinton for recognition. (oh look, Clinton meeting with Taliban... ah right... but Trump) Recently, he was the deputy head of the Taliban political office in Doha, Qatar. He also has close ties with Pakistani intelligence.

Deputy Interior Minister, Mullah Noor Jalal is a former intelligence officer.

And our favorite Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, will be the new Deputy Minister of Information. He is one of the few longtime Taliban spokespersons

Deputy Director Intelligence, Tajmir Jawad, is a senior Haqqani terror operative with connections to Pakistani military intelligence. Rumored to be responsible for the 2017 Camp Shaheen attack that killed more than 150, he has also been responsible for several attacks on Kabul. A ghost, but a seriously terrifying one.

Oh and, speaking about the symbolism of the War on Terror... the Taliban are planning to have their interim government inauguration ceremony on Saturday, September 11th, on the 20th anniversary of 9/11.
Good job Joe, humiliating the US... how many time does it make now... four times in a row?

Last edited:

Taliban kill Daesh,Suni kill Wahabi!