Video World War I Movies and Videos

BravoZulu

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TAARB
Australia
The Trench (1999), full movie

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Much older movie and yet well worth mentioning... Grand Illusion:

It would be nice if it could be on TV (even Arte for the French and Germans) more often, but they seem more interested in Bo*****S programs like So you think you can dance, The Voice etc...

video footage of the Gallipoli landing from the 1915 film Hero of the Dardanelles.
Video courtesy: National Film and Sound Archive of Australia.

From the Film Australia Collection. Made by The Commonwealth Film Unit 1967. Directed by Barrie Pattison. For Australia, the First World War was a social crisis as well as a military one. This film, a reasoned appraisal of Australia’s part in the First World War, also examines the effects of the war on Australia’s national psyche. It traces all the major battles in which Australia took part, from troops leaving home to peace celebrations, and shows the different kinds of warfare as well as advances in military technology. Made up of actual footage shot on the battlefields of Europe at the time (including rare footage of Gallipoli), this is an authentic, on-the-spot portrayal of the war.

Original First World War Archive Film Footage From The Battle Of Gallipoli 1915.

Created from official films of the U.S. Army Expeditionary Forces in World War I, "Flashes of Action" is a silent newsreel created in 1928 -- for the ten year anniversary of the end of hostilities. The film features footage of trench warfare, balloon busting by aircraft (including a spotter jumping from the balloon moments before it bursts into flames), gas warfare, nighttime bombardments, and more.

I recently watched an interesting documentary and I was very interested in a German propaganda cartoon explaining to the population what grain is used for 29:23. Please help me find it. In the Russian-speaking segment of the Internet, I searched all the historical forums, but I did not find this cartoon. Thanks for the help.