Ex-British Sea King rescue helicopter (one of three provided by the UK) in service with the Ukrainian Navy.

341085860_266975492325119_9052914779074506089_n.jpg
341022368_904176150853210_7056518781672983924_n.jpg

*Please disregard the below post if you have already donated to our fund raiser**

OK listen in all you legends of MI.net
@Bombardier has been able to get our site back, pending payment of fees from the server hosts. Said costs are over $3500USD per year

The server costs per year are beyond his ability to continue paying. TBH I never realised how much @Bombardier was financially contributing for what to him has been a labour of love. I could never have achieved what he has built and over such a long time (20+ years)

This is where the rubber meets the road gentlemen and ladies. We need funds urgently to enable this site to continue.

We are using the "Buy the team a beer" portal on the right hand side of the home pages. You will need to login to the full site to see it, it doesn't appear on the mobile or pad style screen.

Let's get moving lads. Any contribution, every dollar helps.

If you want this site to survive and continue to grow, put your hands in your pockets and pull out your plastic.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone in advance. Thank you brothers❤

BZ

PS Militaryimages.net is on Facebook also. Please consider registering there as that pages will be our RP should our efforts fail to save this site ?

The 25mm and TOW has been removed on both units?

Apparently the gun is removed when the vehicle is in transit.

I was surprised at first, but it seems to be "common practice" in order to avoid damages during transportation.

Apparently an incident occurred in Poland back in 2017 to that effect:
"None of the American institutions has so far signed as the formal owner of the armored vehicles. It is not known whether it is a division stationed in Poland, the command that sent the wagons to Poland, or maybe the Pentagon. The liaison officer stated that he was not authorized to do anything, and without identifying the owner, there was no victim and he could not be questioned. Secondly - you can't determine the value of the Bradleys, and without that, specific losses. Hence the letter from the investigators to the US Embassy, because as our journalist heard, without the cooperation of the Americans, the investigation is in danger of being discontinued."

So, one might wonder why taking such precautions with a vehicle that is supposed to have a rough time on the battle field, in conditions much worse than a trip on a train cart. The reason seems to be "paperwork in case of an accident".

I was surprised at first, but it seems to be "common practice" in order to avoid damages during transportation.

"None of the American institutions has so far signed as the formal owner of the armored vehicles. It is not known whether it is a division stationed in Poland, the command that sent the wagons to Poland, or maybe the Pentagon. The liaison officer stated that he was not authorized to do anything, and without identifying the owner, there was no victim and he could not be questioned. Secondly - you can't determine the value of the Bradleys, and without that, specific losses. Hence the letter from the investigators to the US Embassy, because as our journalist heard, without the cooperation of the Americans, the investigation is in danger of being discontinued."

So, one might wonder why taking such precautions with a vehicle that is supposed to have a rough time on the battle field, in conditions much worse than a trip on a train cart. The reason seems to be "paperwork in case of an accident".
Weapon will be calibrated with the sights/electronics. So they are avoiding to lose the highly accurate fire. Pretty certainly not what the Russians do..........

It's a bit of an odd explanation for me, but I'm not saying it's not true. The Americans had a lot of mishaps in road and rail traffic in Poland, perhaps they secured their weapons in this way (but shouldn't they also dismantle the sights?). However, I met with an explanation that it was a field workshop and adapting Bradley to the Ukrainian battlefield, including applying camouflage and checking technic. I don't know if Bradley requires disassembly of weapons for such activities.

It's a bit of an odd explanation for me, but I'm not saying it's not true. The Americans had a lot of mishaps in road and rail traffic in Poland, perhaps they secured their weapons in this way (but shouldn't they also dismantle the sights?). However, I met with an explanation that it was a field workshop and adapting Bradley to the Ukrainian battlefield, including applying camouflage and checking technic. I don't know if Bradley requires disassembly of weapons for such activities.

Yeah, that also sounded odd to me as well.
But then I spooled throw documented instances and footage of Bradleys being transported, be it by train or by ship, and... to my surprise I only found two instances of M2 being transported with their gun barrel mounted: one during the cold war (not sure about the exact year, in the mid to late 80ies maybe) and one during the war in Kosovo.

It seems to be standard procedure, though optional.

l314.jpg

0zzu.jpg

yh4a.jpg

irck.jpg

BTR-4E and BTR-4M (APC) armoured personnel carriers in service with the National Guard of Ukraine, in the 'Spartan' unit - patrolling through a forest in the Kharkiv Oblast: mid-April 2023.
b4k59flyccva1.jpg

xyflz9lyccva1.jpg