Other Post So, how was your day?

My wife's father was a decent person - WW2 vet having served in the 5th armored. I had genuine respect for him. My wife's mother on the other hand was Satan's sister. What a hateful old bat!
My first wife's family was great, her Father was US Army Pacific in WWII. He told me a couple stories about how bad it was early on. His hair was white as snow and he told me that when he went into combat in the islands his haired turned to white. It had been white his entire adult life. I believe him because he was a genuine nice person. He worked in Dallas as a machinist for Texas Instruments. Wife's Mother was sweet too, she worked at Neiman Marcus Dallas. I haven't had any contact with them since 70, I believe all are gone today even the ex wife and her brother. The Mother and Father were from a little cotton town in Texas.

The wife is the best of the bunch by far, how she came from that gaggle of shitbirds is beyond me. Her old man was decent. She doesn't speak to her mum anymore who was abusive. But we are spending the weekend with the 2 sisters.....one who are is rich and patronising (off her husbands money and work, not hers) and the other is a selfish lazy T*** who's husband is as funny as cancer.

Road trip starts in 3 hours till we get back here 3pm sunday.....if I haven't killed someone first.

I have already been informed my attitude has ruined the weekend! :D

You seem to be online now and I assume survived the painful weekend without murdering anyone.

Yeah just to rant a bit, my partner is also the top of this family of turds.

Overheard too many insults and remarks about me to bother with them anymore. Thing is missus is a mommy-girl, so I put up and deal with it but have probably avoided pulling the trigger literally on what @NebrHogger accurately calls Satan’s sister.

Those people are not worth my time. I’m with their daughter and they can go eff themselves, just like half of my own family for merely different reasons.

Had a blazing row with the wife over how sh1t her family is. We are spending the weekend with them but I'd rather eat a bag of d1cks!
Aqggghh it saps the energy. I'm trying to study for some stupid exam but I wasted Friday evening as I didn't know my wife had it booked for a completely feckin pointless row. At least yesterday and today went OK, got a good bit done.
Hope your weekend improved?

Granddaughter would like a school ride - she lives in the country and can get a school driving permit at 15 here. Passing a dealership, I noticed a black Chevy pickup marked at 9749... I thought. Drove around the block to look it over to see if some cowboy had been playing bumper cars with is herd...

Lo & behold, there was another number on the price tag I missed = another 9. Instead of 9749, it was 97499! Marked down from 105 and change. $105,000 for a pickup??? Insane! That's not far from double what we paid for this house - okay - a long time ago, but still...

It was a '24 Chevy black widow which I've since learned are stupid expensive. There were a few used pickups in the 15 - 20,000 range, but no thank you very much!

Small dick these days in the morning, winter is not over yet and we’re headed to yet another dreary spring.

Good Friday and next Monday off thanks to Easter. No plan despite the extended weekend, why waste another 300€ to go somewhere to be under the pouring rain and cold temps anyway.

Small dick these days in the morning, winter is not over yet and we’re headed to yet another dreary spring.

Good Friday and next Monday off thanks to Easter. No plan despite the extended weekend, why waste another 300€ to go somewhere to be under the pouring rain and cold temps anyway.

Lighten up Francis.

28th Mar almost gone

Had a pretty good day, got up early as usual and fed all the cats. I ran to the drugstore to pick up one med and came home and worked on my computer all day. I tried to use one of my old creative sound blaster cards in this win 10 setup and I was able to use an driver not associated with creative and it actually ran pretty good but it had less control than my later 24 bit card. I removed that card to try this older one and the only reason I removed it was to see if I could get back the record what U hear function that was stripped by microsoft some years ago. You could download the vista driver for win 7 and xp and it would give you that record function. I use audacity audio to record sound effects for my 2d games. So I reinserted this later card and I used a later driver but it did not have the record function. I went back to the vista driver and got my record working again, but then I had no control software installed. I installed the older driver over the top of it and got my control software back and surprisingly the record function remained and works great. It took half a day to do all that.

Today the 29th is designated the Vietnam Veteran recognition day. Here is all the Divisions that were involved with the war.

Last edited:
SAtIrST.jpg

3B0qHuW.jpg

xyQSqTG.jpg

Arrow saw.
The Prusa machine can extrude things down to 100th of a cm. Drove me bonkers on this project refining the friction force that holds the sliding dovetails on the arrow guides.
Also made one project am patenting it next few days. This thing makes whatever your imagination can think of.

All day yesterday and through the night we had a snowstorm worthy of the name. Wind blew a lick, crashing power poles and trees down all over town - and all over western Nebraska. Power went out at 2200 last night... We just got it back at 1700. But it did get boring with no TV or internet. Couldn't work on a model kit or read a book - not enough light from candles.

But we got by just fine. Wifey was on her way over to older daughter's place with younger daughter (also without power) but now they can have pizza and a good time just hanging out.

Let them know they did a mistake, what dumb thing could you possibly have written there?

On the way home from the Great Plain, the thermometer in the car read 27-28 degrees all the way through, at 3pm. That's about the same as mid- to late-May temperatures. For four weeks there has been no significant precipitation, in other words, a spring drought. The lilac is about to be cut, which, as you know from the lines "dress in new clothes for the dawn of Mother's Day", means a delay of about five weeks, because the first Sunday in May would be the holiday.
I went on alert, the monilies were done in a day, complete with food. No external infestation, all plant protection treatments were fine.
I won't go into the technical details of how the lack of (severe) frosts in the winter and the untold devastation of this disease, which was laughed at five or ten years ago, are related, but the point is that the (apricot) peach is gone.
In September, the cup council met, the decision was made: the chained one is coming in the autumn, let's F*** the whole thing up. We were supposed to do the next due treatment on him today, but we don't do it, it's pointless. What's the point if we cut it out in a few months?
I've known this was coming for ten years, and I've been saying we're in trouble for ten years, but now that the whole climate disaster has hit me in one piece at nine o'clock on Monday morning, I'm cracking up. The crying spasm came over me in the orchard this morning.
We pour money and work into it and this is the third year without a single grain. Obviously, if a business does not produce a single pound of income for three years, it has to be ploughed up. For us, that literally means: chaining and ploughing. I knew this moment would come, but now it has hit me like a f***ing ton of bricks.
And this is just the intro to the apocalypse that awaits us.
Domestic arable farming is in even bigger trouble. Maize, which is the economic backbone of the whole thing, hasn't produced S**t in the Great Plain for four years. Ask farming buddies and they've all made losses in the last three years.

Yesterday the 10th April, the storm came thru right around 6am and I was up putting food out the window for the outside cat crew before the rain and winds hit. I was watching storm chasers on youtube and they tracked this storm from Texas all the way to where I live which was about 12 miles at the closest point with one tornado that followed the southern route to eastern La and beyond. Looking at predictions two days before it showed the storm to take a North Eastern route which would have my area just getting the very tail end of the front but a lot of rain and wind. So the wind was like 80 miles an hour in a few gust, it was a fast mover and not a lingering 80 mile per hour like a hurricane. Heck Living in Nevada I went home at lunch one day and just as I drove into the driveway the wind was picking up in a freak dust storm. I had two dogs in my pen outside and I was just about in the front door with my big dog and a 90 mile hour wind hit me with sand in my face, it stung really bad and the dogs were sure glad to get indoors. After all that the power was still solid as a rock, they use special wind deflectors on the power lines in Nevada plus devices to keep the Eagles from roosting on the high voltage lines. No damage but this morning it is gray out and colder with lots of wind still remaining.

Word to the wise, never buy synthetic glasses. The optometrists will always tell you that real glass is heavier and less comfortable to wear, but F*** me do synthetic glasses scratch easily. You can hardly breathe on them without making a scratch!

Had two young kittens in the bathroom die yesterday so I got up this morning and buried them both together. Went shopping and came home put things away and crashed for about 5 hours. I hurt all over especially my ankle bones in my right foot from using that shovel. I am glad the ground still had moisture left and it made it a lot easier to dig a small hole. I didn't know I had so many joints. As my old uncle used to say to us, "I hurt all over worse than any part about me".

Oh, what happened? Two kittens dying at once?
A third died the next 12 hours. One little midget black one was walking around eyes open and doing well. I placed him outside of the box on the floor so he would have company with another litter of what I thought was 5. I came in later and the little black one and one of the larger kittens in that other group were both gone. So two days later the little guy was in the bathroom sink where his mother had dropped him and there was only a little drip but he couldn't get out so I dried him off and was glad to see he was fine. But no sign of the other larger kitten which I am sure is probably being taken care of like the little guy was, but I know for a fact the 3 that died and this little black midget were all of the same litter. I believe their mother being a very small cat like this little guy just couldn't provide enough milk for the 4. Little guy was the tiny one and required less so that probably saved his life if he makes it outside for the time being. If I see him outside I will grab him and bring him in. I have 4 in the kitchen crawl space between stove and counter and they are all sharp and eyes open, two little black and whites and two 75 percent Siamese. Got cats everywhere, I know there are at least two litters outside somewhere of cats who left and one that lives across the road from me. It won't be long they will all be showing up to eat in the morning and lounge around until evening before they go back to where ever they are living. I already had this many before but the numbers dropped in half just as soon as all the males got old enough to get out on their own. One day they were here to eat and the next day I never saw them again. That's just how they are. In the end it's not like I am having to feed a bunch more the numbers stay the same for a while. I have 3 males indoors and are 3 years old, so when the little mother cat of the kitchen group was laying there a week ago one of my males went into the dining room and up on the table where they usually roost and that little mother cat got on his behind and chased him back into the bedroom, he was so afraid of her he has not gone into the kitchen since then. Now the mother comes in to my bedroom to eat when she is in and they all get along well. The Mother cat can come in as she likes under my kitchen sink and then over to a crawl space at the end of the counter top. She spends a lot of time indoors taking care of her family but I always let her out thru the bathroom even tho she can leave from the kitchen area any time also. Good mice control, and snakes.

Last year I walked into the kitchen and there was a large grass snake curled up on my counter top next to my microwave. This is the south so nothing unusual, the last couple nights there has been a possum coming in to eat cat food and last night I was sitting on the crapper and he poked his head thru the vanity lower cabinet door where they all come in, I hit him on the head with my bathroom plunger and it stunned him a bit and he fell out and his tail was holding onto floor runner so I hit his tail and he dropped to the ground and hopefully won't be back. I don't understand why he wants to come into the bathroom to eat when there is always a lot of dry cat food under my bedroom window from feeding them everyday. He does not bother the kittens and the mother cats are always standing there watching him pretty close. Normally I would not have smacked him but the bastard growled at me the night before first time I saw him. Nothing like country life. I remember 1955 coming here from Houston to visit family that had a very small farm and some cattle a few big hogs and a nice garden, also nice little stock tank across the road from the house. Their old house was very old and had the typical front porch you would see on any depression era house in the country, they had a hand pump in the kitchen but no indoor plumbing and everyone had to bathe on the back porch in a sears metal wash tub, some people call it a horse trough but it was a bath tub just metal. In the mid 60s my Uncle decided to take an AMWAY route and he made good money , they remodeled the house to be modern and to this day I believe one of my cousins is living on the property.

Back