Other Post So, how was your day?

I had a fitness test yesterday for a new job (passed) then home to collect the wife to go food shopping finished off with some time on here and a few stiff whiskeys ( Irish Jamesons) ?

Mine was 13 hours on duty due to delayed flights and a cat stopping in front of my plane as I was taxiing, to lick its balls. Sadly the cat licking its balls was the high light of that flight.

You are full of S**t JJ. The highlight of that flight was flying a munkeyfunking airplane! :p

I had a fitness test yesterday for a new job (passed) then home to collect the wife to go food shopping finished off with some time on here and a few stiff whiskeys ( Irish Jamesons) ?

A big +1 for the Jamie. Was my favourite tipple back when I drank spirits!

Jamesons is fighting juice.

Most whiskies i can sip and enjoy but Jamesons is like vodka - open bottle, throw away cork, empty bottle. Too many memories from across the water...

My day wasn’t too shabby so far.

In other relative bad news/gossip in my part, the son of a friend of my mother committed suicide overnight. I was never close to him because he was a bit older and also because he was known around here to be a dodgy, borderline criminal guy. Which crimes and felonies he has committed I have no idea but his reputation was poor. Still feel sorry for his mother who isn’t a bad woman.

The suicide of any person always hits hard on the people who loved them. Very tragic indeed :(

Yes. As much a despicable person he was, I’m sure his mother didn’t « raise him » that way. Sorry to be the party pooper. Like the rest of the crowd here, I’m probably due for some drinks over the weekend and a movie maybe.

Should be at work but I'm on vacation for a few more days.

I think today's plans calls for no plans. Weather is great, time to putter around, and shout at people who get on my lawn.

have spent 2 days sanding and staining the new staircase in the house - my right hand is now brown

So today is start varnishing day

This is final job and everything is then done in the house - whooooooooooooo (time to sell it an build another one)

Conducted a risk assessment for confined space work, then a key control verification of our controls for hazards associated with confined space work, followed up by a job cycle check, on confined space work... None of us are qualified to do confined space work, and in the last 10 years we've had one confined space task, that was completed by dudes who hold the qualification and who could write the permits to carry out the work. WOFTAM.

Oh well, I wish I could say everything is fine and dandy...I guess I will still never get the hang of navigating with the trials and tribulations in life after two decades of being a family man... still surviving though...

Back