Photos SAS Land Rover Series IIA "Pink Panther" photo

IgorSPb

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Hello to all forum participants!
I'm building an old model Italeri SAS Land Rover "Pink Panther" 1 / 35th scale . The construction takes a long time, because it is very difficult to find the necessary photos.
I ask the forum participants for help in finding photos.
If you are interested in the process of building a model, then welcome to this topic!

Nowadays the main part of the model looks like this. A lot of work has been done, but even more lies ahead.

lr2.jpg
lr3.jpg
lr1.jpg
lr4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At this moment I`m interested in these elements of the machine. If someone can give me good and detailed photos or drawings of these structural units, I would be very grateful.

lr5.jpg

It's a standard base LR ... You should be able to find footage on Youtube ..
I think I can`t agree with you. Based on the photos I found, the rear bumper on the military version of the car looks like replaced by reinforced one. In addition, the towbar is also different from civilian versions. I brightened the photo and found out that the towbar has a rather complex and massive attachment not only to the bumper, but also to the transverse beam of the supporting frame. If you look at the photos of civilian cars, you can see a gas tank in that place, which is absent on the Pink Panther.

In any case, thanks for the advice, I will study videos about civilian vehicles on Youtube. All that I could find about the Pink Panther have long been saved as screenshots.

lr12.jpg
lr13.jpg
lr14.jpg
lr15.jpg
lr16.jpg

Not sure, but I think so
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The angle looks right.

I can get to Gaydon and I can try to get out there and take photos (Assuming you're allowed to get in close to the exhibit) for you but I can't make any promises as to when it will be. As in, it genuinely might not be in the next six months or something like that. And also, it might not pick up anything better than what you already have in that picture.

Not making any promises, but I'll try.

It's a standard base LR ... You should be able to find footage on Youtube ..
They were far from standard, they were modified by Marshall's of Cambridge with all sorts of changes to the chassis, suspension, axles and fuel system. There was also at least one mid-life rebuild with further changes/improvements before they were replaced by the DPVs.

That would be great. Many thanks!
I am not in a hurry, there are a lot of works, I think that I will not finish them soon.

In any case, I am very grateful to you.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The angle looks right.

I can get to Gaydon and I can try to get out there and take photos (Assuming you're allowed to get in close to the exhibit) for you but I can't make any promises as to when it will be. As in, it genuinely might not be in the next six months or something like that. And also, it might not pick up anything better than what you already have in that picture.

Not making any promises, but I'll try.

Hello to all!
Little progress after a long break due to work, study, etc.
Due to the appeared information, it was necessary to redo the fuel tanks at the bottom, as well as add some details that were not previously known.

lr1.jpg
lr2.jpg
lr8.jpg
lr7.jpg
lr6.jpg
lr5.jpg
lr4.jpg
lr3.jpg

Does anyone know what this radio is?
Looks very similar to US RT-175/PRC-9, but with minor differences.
Had the British used RT-175/PRC-9 or is it some other modification of the US/British radio?

lr9 вопрос.jpg

This time is the refinement and detailing of the front of the car. Maybe it turned out not as neat as I would like, but it will not be very noticeable under the grill.

lr10.jpg
lr11.jpg
lr12.jpg
lr13.jpg
lr15.jpg
lr14.jpg