Photos Post a Pic of yourself

One from last year, was in the States for work and temporarily went "full American" - ball cap and nachos.

I don't generally wear baseball caps but was getting sunburn so grabbed it in a Hard Rock Cafe shop before having a beer. You can tell I'm not used to wearing them because I leaned that far over for the picture I accidentally dipped the peak of the cap in the cheese - the stain is still there and I refuse to clean it off.

IMG-20191026-WA0011.jpg

One from last year, was in the States for work and temporarily went "full American" - ball cap and nachos.

I don't generally wear baseball caps but was getting sunburn so grabbed it in a Hard Rock Cafe shop before having a beer. You can tell I'm not used to wearing them because I leaned that far over for the picture I accidentally dipped the peak of the cap in the cheese - the stain is still there and I refuse to clean it off.

View attachment 216764

Beer park, LV? If I'm not mistaken.....

This is a helluva story, mate.

Thats it. I think I've sat in the same stool! Small world. 6 weeks of Red Flag at Nellis. War is hell.....

I was there for a convention. Did three days of work and then a mate who was temporarily working in Portland flew down to meet me for a few days. Watched the England/New Zealand semi final on a big screen in the Golden Nugget whilst absolutely shitfaced.

This is a helluva story, mate.

Real rollercoaster of emotions, right? Was unsure whether or not to include the cheese story in case it upset younger readers but decided they needed to know the truth.

Currently in Iraq bombing the S**t out of it for oil.* * sarcastic post before anybodies undies get into a twist.

Retarded neck gaiter is for anti-COVID19 measures. Only the military would make you wear a piece of cloth that is not effective for defeating something airborne. ?

View attachment 217186
Yeah, have to say that's like using chicken wire to screen mosquitoes. But the good news is that your beautiful eyes match your camo perfectly.

You hit the nail on the head for the face mask.

Thanks for the compliment, it's probably the only thing I like about myself. :D

I am sure you have qualities beside being a Bright eyes and combatting abroad. Stay safe K.

Think I could have sold this one as: "Me, fooling around with some of Vang Pao's kids. Padong, 1961" :cool:

But I won't be a Walt....many moons ago, at the end of the day during the approach march to the Annapurna. I have forgotten the name of the village, but it was either the first or teh second day, so still pretty close to Pokhara.

Scan0002.jpg

pooch.jpg

An oldie, scanned from a print my Mum sent to me. That is me with my two best mates - my game boy and my dog. He was a stray who followed by brother home from the local shop and we ended up keeping him for the next fourteen years since nobody claimed him after we reported it.

I think game boys were released in the UK in 1990 so that would put me at 11 or a little older.

I like to find these « throwback photos » too and since this thread died last spring, and @Gaz inspired me to...

This is me back in 1996, asking French professional cyclist Richard Virenque an autograph. That was two years before the Festina doping scandal on the Tour 1998, when a physiotherapist of the team got arrested on the French-Belgian border with hundreds of EPO and growth hormones doses in his trunk.

I was doing my 3 last weeks of my unit based Infantry IET during the 96 tour. I fell into a fighting pit one night coming back from my piquet on the defensive exercise.
I ran into a school mate who was playing enemy on that same exercise, didn't even know he was in the Army, let lone the same unit.
We did ex hard corps, and during the after course piss up some cretin gave me a 95% wild turkey, 5% coke, that makes me gag when I ever I smell the dirty bird to this day.
The Platoon Sergeant and Platoon Commander did back to back Orderly Sergeant Duty Officer duties for the rest of the year after that night, we were marched up to the Rams Retreat to clean the place up the next day, as we'd left the place in a fairly average state. Some people (officers) were bitter and upset about what we'd done, but others (WOs and NCOs) proud as well :p . The platoons behind us, not so impressed, they found themselves on a significantly shorter leash...