Photos Post a Pic of yourself

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From a month ago I think. It's only 4sec so you can left click the vid and select loop, to see the ocean moving, lol.

Fortunate enough to say this has been my backyard for the past 35yr, although I've been fishing, diving, surfing there most of my life :D. Camera angle slightly right of NNE, easterly breeze, Diamond Head in the background, 4' seas and about a 12kt blow. So the boat is in a headwind about 2.25mi from the turnaround point (9.25mi total). The wind and swells build past DH, and its a sleigh ride home.

Heading home. Koko Crater, Koko Head (Hanauma Bay) in background.
GPTempDownload 5.jpeg

GPTempDownload 3.jpeg

Reunion 4.jpg

Reunion 1 .jpg

Reunion 2.jpg

Reunion 3.jpg

Sunday 23rd October 2022 went along with the good lady wife to her military units first reunion, small attendance many had not seen each other for 15 years since the unit was disbanded under Romanian Military Reforms, some could not be bothered to attend and of course some had passed on to their Eternal Reward,
May they + Rest In Peace +

Might have been the Citadelle de Port Louis right in front of Lorient… not 100% sure.

Breizh, forever in my heart. Kenavo!

317761924_5575481595840415_5905815126363978283_n.jpg

On the occasion of the Romanian National Day December 1 2022 in Deva,
I had the pleasure to meet Domnul General de Brigadă (rtr.) Ciocan Candin Ioan

Born - 22 decembrie 1922, în community of Blăjeni, Hunedoara.

At the start of WW2 he served in Batalionul nr. 7 Vânători de Munte din Deva. (Battalion 7 Mountain Hunters in Deva.)
later he went to the Military School of the Reserve at Radna as a student Sargent he participated in the heroic battle of „Poarta Mureșului” Gate to Mures, under the flag of drapelul „Detașamentului Păuliș” near Arad on the Western border with Hungary, where the outnumbered detachment members held off a superior Hungarian and Nazi SS attacking force with Armor.

He is the ultimate survivor of "Detachment Paulis."

After the war he trained as a mining engineer and he also founded the Veterans of War Association in Brad, Hunedoara County.

He received numerous awards from his service during the war, prior to the National day he held the rank of Colonel-in-Reserve but was granted a promotion by the President of Romania -

Official Decree :-
Articol unic: - Domnului colonel, în retragere, CIOCAN Candin IOAN i se acordă gradul de general de brigadă – cu o stea, în retragere.
PREȘEDINTELE ROMÂNIEI
KLAUSS-WERNER IOHANNIS
În temeiul art. 100 alin. (2) din Constituția României, republicată, contrasemnăm acest decret
PRIM-MINISTRU
Nicolae-Ionel CIUCĂ
București, 28 noiembrie 2022
Nr. 1477”.

RESPECT!

We had a genuine blizzard that left 4 foot drifts on our walk and driveway. Also on the neighbors'. I asked her to get a couple shots of me plowing a path, but her camera-fu was weak. I showed her the drill and she took a couple shots after the fact. The Hungarian army cap is quite warm, and I always wear it while scooping snow.
IMG_0103 (3).JPG

thumbnail_DSCF8014.jpg
thumbnail_DSCF8021.jpg
thumbnail_DSCF8024.jpg

Taken by a local photographer in Bucharest on Monday 21 March when I was going to the Irish Ambassadors residence.
I also attend an Embassy function at the Marriott Hotel for St. Pats on the 23rd.
Not bad for an old codger of 65 lol!