Politics National Guard rescues 200

surfpunk

Mi Major General
MI.Net Member
United-States

fire_1373738804411153747_n.jpg
fire_8499096198430148214_n.jpg

:oops:
Apparently the CA Nasty Girls were called off the rescue mission by CalFire (whatever that is), who were ready to let 200 people perish. The NG rescues all 200!

Seriously, what's going on here? Do you have a link that proves that statement, I'll take rumors from either CNN or OAN? Just because you guys disagree with California politics don't give you the right to smear brave men and women of CalFire, which a state firefighting agency responsible for battling forest fires. Every day, these brave professionals give it 200% while showing immense self sacrifice in the process.

Seriously, what's going on here? Do you have a link that proves that statement, I'll take rumors from either CNN or OAN? Just because you guys disagree with California politics don't give you the right to smear brave men and women of CalFire, which a state firefighting agency responsible for battling forest fires. Every day, these brave professionals give it 200% while showing immense self sacrifice in the process.
thats just what was stated by the link that I posted. Where do you get the idea this has anything to do with Cali politics? you guys assume too much. I know nothing, and care not, about California politics, so I have no opinion.

was the fire orange??

When I posted that, I had no idea it was politically charged. It sounded to me like it was beyond the resources of one agency, and another took over. Here is the text:
"The State of California’s wildfire emergency management agency, CalFire, was alerted that 200 people were entirely encircled in fire. They formally declared them beyond the ability of CalFire to save, The CA National Guard spun up 2 helicopters, a Blackhawk and a Chinook, and headed out to help. On the ride over, CalFire called them repeatedly to call them off and tell them to go back to base as it was too dangerous."
It sounds like it has nothing to do with the grunts of CalFire who are the boots on the ground, and everything to do with those who issue orders, and not necessarily those doing the real work.
I will change the text regardless. wait, I cant. if I could it would read: CA NG helo exfil of 200 trapped by fire

Last edited:
Those NG pilots and crews are studs!

There have been multiple above and beyond the call of duty rescues by helicopter pilots from multiple Government agencies in California. It just seems to me that news from California are either downplayed by the media or get ignored altogether if they don't fit particular political agendas. This is especially in stark contrast to New York. Anything that happens in New York is a worldwide news with or without reason.

There have been multiple above and beyond the call of duty rescues by helicopter pilots from multiple Government agencies in California. It just seems to me that news from California are either downplayed by the media or get ignored altogether if they don't fit particular political agendas. This is especially in stark contrast to New York. Anything that happens in New York is a worldwide news with or without reason.

I know what you mean. I live in the midwest. A couple of years ago we had a pretty rough winter with lots of snow. Our weather usually reaches New York in about 36 hours. The storm over us was simply called "snow". The same storm over New York was the Mother of all blizzards, once a century catastrophic storm.