Photos Somali National Army

ayanamitard

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
I saw a thread about Somalia but let's concentrate on their own military instead of foreign contingents in Somalia
1-95.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

Gaadiid_Jabuuti%205.jpg

Gaadiid_Jabuuti%2010.jpg

Gaadiid_Jabuuti%2011.jpg

d.jpg

Right proper mix up of small arms there.

This is becoming an interesting thread......I have a lot of Q's from looking at all this, hmmmm
Where's all these vehicles coming from? There's a lot of $$ laid out there!

This is becoming an interesting thread......I have a lot of Q's from looking at all this, hmmmm
Where's all these vehicles coming from? There's a lot of $$ laid out there!
Some of them are donated by Turkey, UAE and Djibouti, others are hands me down from Amisom, and some were requisitioned from warlords' inventories. Afaik Somalia is still under military sanctions although they are partially lifted so they could purchase small arms, trucks and MRVs

Last edited:
Some of them are donated by Turkey, UAE and Djibouti, others are hands me down from Amisom, and some were requisitioned from warlords' inventories. Afaik Somalia is still under military sanctions although they are partially lifted so they could purchase small arms, trucks and MRVs

Apart from these countries China nad Italy becoming pretty active in terms of donations to Somailan militay unlike the others. Also None of these armoured vehicles are donated by Turkey. The BMC Kirpi MRAPs seen on one of the photo are issued by Turkish troops deployed to Mogadishu. So far Turkey is supporting the Somalian military in small unit tactics, organisation and training so therefore Turkish donations are limited with the the infantry-level arms & ammunition, food, medicine, communications, camouflage and protective equipment.

Up until now We have donated MKEK made MPT-76, HK33E, G3 rifles, MG3 and M2 Browning machine guns and M72 LAW rocket launchers to the Somalian Army conscrpits who has graduated from the Turkish Army Training Base in Mogadishu. Also for the law enforcement units, Turkish Police has donated some of it's SIG 516 and HK417A2 rifles to the Somanlian Police Special Forces members trained in Turkey.

D83dw-ENX4-AA5-FXU.jpg

And also few of these vehicles in Somalian inventory are the ones actually bought before than the civil war and somehow survived until today like Fiat 6614/6616 4x4 APCs which still few of them are in active sevice and few T-54/55 tanks bought from Libya and Egypt.

photo_1337706221610-1-0.jpg

file-20180131-157455-p7rzqw.jpg

Last edited:
Somalian Air Force cadets, some actually qualified to fly F-16 fighters. It seems unnecessary for them tho.

6409-20141201154839-img_0063.jpg

somali-airforce-2.jpg

Somalian Army maintenance personnel trainings in Turkey

z9RSTkv.jpg

FNl5oyB.jpg

rd34q4A.jpg

Somalian Army officer cadet walking with his Turkish counterpart at the Turkish Army Ground Warfare School Command in Turkey, 2015

10384379_829687413745649_3618385901539892166_n.jpg

Last edited: