Other Post Italian Participation in the Multi-National Force in Lebanon.

Sort of a forgotten involvement nowadays, good to be reminded of it.
The cycle of life make that every Great War veteran is now gone, some WW2 vets are still around though not for too long and so on.
I’ve known a couple of people, outside my army time that served in the UNIFIL then (neighbors or coworkers)
They shared some photos, Beyrouth and around in rubbles. Those people are now freshly retired so early 60s.
Thanks for posting.

Sort of a forgotten involvement nowadays, good to be reminded of it.
The cycle of life make that every Great War veteran is now gone, some WW2 vets are still around though not for too long and so on.
I’ve known a couple of people, outside my army time that served in the UNIFIL then (neighbors or coworkers)
They shared some photos, Beyrouth and around in rubbles. Those people are now freshly retired so early 60s.
Thanks for posting.
I agree with your comments, being a UNIFIL veteran myself and at 64 years of age those who served in the early years of the mission 1978- 1988 say, are starting to feel their age and some have gone to their ultimate reward, May they + Rest In Peace +
Thankfully with the likes of FB lots of photographs have been posted to keep memories both sad and happy alive.