Photos Mig-25R Indian Air Force ICM 1/72

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Greetings folks,

The MiG-25 was inducted into IAF service on 17 Aug 81 at Bareilly to fulfill the need of a strategic reconnaissance aircraft. The mighty aircraft was retired in mid-2000s and replaced by satellites. The aircraft that I have built is 102 Trisonic with Garuda markings.
The kit is from ICM, I was quite overwhelmed by the parts at first and the thick instructions manual, however, during the festive season here I got a few days off so I was on to it. It was over-engineered in some parts I have to say and I felt like I was building an actual aircraft last time I built a Mig-25 was a Hasegawa one which was quite basic and fun. This kit needs lots of dry fitting and some instructions were confusing at some parts. After a few beers, the basic structure was ready and for the paint, I used Tamiya grey, white and black for metal mr.color with local paints for metal modulations.
So here it is. Thank you for looking cheers.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Sounds like it was a nightmare to build tomthounaojam! However, it was well worth it as you've made a beautiful model. I noticed the tiny detail even on the undercarriage. Great effort!