Politics For all the anti vaxxers

• Thread starter Thread starter Mordoror
  • Start date Start date
M

Mordoror

Just to remind a few facts that are happening right now (or happened the past 2018 year)

Measle outbreak right now in the Samoa; 53 deaths, mostly under 5 kids, ongoing right now

DRC
major measle outbreak 5000 deads

Whooping cough cases x4 in UK

Pediatric tetanus coming back :

@Mordoror, my doctor suggested I should get the basic flu shot, I told him I was still « young enough » only to have him replies that a patient didn’t get the shot, caught the flu, and some day ran to the bus on his way to work to die from a heart attack.

The anti vaxxers thing started when some parents believed the various vaccine would make their kids autistic, borderline and schizophrenic. Why educate the mob?

French media are talking about a New Zelander tourist being the cause of the outbreak.

We have had a high proportional number of cases. Anti vaxers and it was a thing of the past mentality.

French media are talking about a New Zelander tourist being the cause of the outbreak.

Almost certainly correct. We have a LOT of f***king dumbasses who think that they and their kids don't need vaccinations because "corporatshuns are stealing our body juices".

@Mordoror, my doctor suggested I should get the basic flu shot, I told him I was still « young enough » only to have him replies that a patient didn’t get the shot, caught the flu, and some day ran to the bus on his way to work to die from a heart attack.

The anti vaxxers thing started when some parents believed the various vaccine would make their kids autistic, borderline and schizophrenic. Why educate the mob?
It's basically a risk vs benefit balance. You are young, you are not among the risky population (kids and above 65y).
Yet flu can indeed kill, especialy if you are pushing the body like in running or exhausting activity. On the other hand flu vaccine is harmless except that some develop a very trensient weak flu like illness.

As for the antivaxxers if they fear vaccines how does it comes they dont fear standard medication. Paracetamol can kill you in a very nasty way. Alternate medicines can be harmful too (essential oil for example)
And this is happening more often than with vaccines. Way more....

The issue is that these morons are not only putting themselves at risk but also others (elders, immunocompromised, toddlers, pregnant women, isolated populations like in the Samoan case)

Time in some cases to bring back quarantine. Or mandatory vaccine to travel (like for the yellow fever)
Wait, if we do that, i hear the screams "muh liberty"

I don't understand f*cking around with deadly infectious diseases. But that's just me, I'm certainly no social justice warrior.

There is a very strong linkage locally between the anti-vaxxer community and those promoting homeopathy, crystal healing, healing magnets, anti-cancer water and other such wu-woo cures.

I knew the situation was dire but not to such point

110 000 death of measle in 2017 when a 30y old vaccine, cheap, affordable safe exists

Not limited to third world (see the 2019 NYC outbreak)

Back