Politics Bill Gates and Monkeypox

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"The appearance of it in countries where it is not normally seen is a concern". As if a spreadable disease is worried by that in the promiscuous rainbow jet age.

I'd love to know what they program for a car 100 yards in front, flipping over end over end. Or the bridge collapses in front of you.

I do accept that a well programmed car will drive better than 40% of the currently driving human population, and presumably Tesla lawyers argue its safer overall, and point to the small print.
The main issue with automated driving systems is making a computer act/react like a human driver. Machine learning is not equivalent to intelligence. Automated systems that use machine learning have to be trained*. If the human is removed from the equation automated cars would be far more effective.

Concepts like swarm theory may be the way of the future. Time will tell.

*just to be clear machine learning models can only react to what the training allows the algorithm to react to. AI within this context is just a subset of statistics and probability theory. It is not intelligence as we understand it.

Last edited:
Fully automated solutions within the mining space have been available for years.

Last edited:

While the virus itself is not a sexually transmitted infection, which are generally spread through semen and vaginal fluids, the most recent surge in cases appears to have been spread among men who have sex with other men, WHO officials said, emphasizing that anyone can contract monkeypox.

While the virus itself is not a sexually transmitted infection, which are generally spread through semen and vaginal fluids, the most recent surge in cases appears to have been spread among men who have sex with other men, WHO officials said, emphasizing that anyone can contract monkeypox.
oh well at least we're all safe.....

Not related to anything Autonomous but gives an idea of the scale. Or this thread. Sorry.

My current job involves a little bit of ML, the blasting of benches and whatnot. No trains though. OR Monkey Pox. I have a mate who was working in the Congo during the most recent Ebola outbreak. Many hilarious stories ensued.

In relation to this forum he described the Congolese military operation to move gold from the minesite to the airport. There was no f*cking around. Dudes protecting the convoy were heavily armed.

What is this guy going on about?

Last edited:
To confuse, some are saying its not from monkeys but google =
Monkeypox was first discovered in 1958 when two outbreaks of a pox-like disease occurred in colonies of monkeys kept for research, hence the name 'monkeypox.' The first human case of monkeypox was recorded in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of Congo during a period of intensified effort to eliminate smallpox.

To confuse, some are saying its not from monkeys but google =
Monkeypox was first discovered in 1958 when two outbreaks of a pox-like disease occurred in colonies of monkeys kept for research, hence the name 'monkeypox.' The first human case of monkeypox was recorded in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of Congo during a period of intensified effort to eliminate smallpox.

I remember having a serious drinking session with my pal who has worked in South Africa, Mali, Congo and Tanzania. It was 3-4 in the morning and he blurts out "once you have been in the shower with an African....". Initially I thought. What happens in Africa stays in Africa.

However this was obviously something that was bothering him. He then proceeded to tell a story about a local nicknamed Lucky and exactly why his nickname was lucky. Apparently. This guy had a schl*ng on him that could be described as extremely intimidating. Make of that what you will.

Poor Bill is always so worried about our safety

"Expect"

I still remember when they wrote Covid would not infect anyone

I trust them so much as any other
politician

As long as you don't do butt-stuff you should be fine.

Though, nobody is safe nowadays. Nobody is safe...

And there you go....... ;-)

Trust no one!

a3751183018_2.jpg