Politics 17yr old S.A.V ..Allowed by the Court to end her life ..

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
It says a helluva lot about her family .. even at that the decision to allow a 17yr old to end her life .. is just looney tunes

I'm sorry , but at 17 she's not old enough to make an informed decision like that . To concur with CT , a looney tunes story .

She wasn't euthanised, she died from being on hunger strike.

"Euthanasia was legalized in the Netherlands in 2002, though there are strict requirements for being approved to have the right to euthanize legally. Children as young as 12 can be given the ability to euthanize if they wish, but only after a doctor determines that the person’s suffering is genuinely unbearable and that a resolution to that suffering isn’t in sight."

From the article - "She was even admitted to a hospital in critical condition for being severely underweight and close to organ failure. Pothoven was placed in a medically induced coma and fed artificially." - to me that reads as happening before she made the statement with regards her plan to use euthanasia.

This comment appears to be post medical coma period - "She requested that her followers “not convince me that this is not good, this is my decision, and it is final.” She added, “Love is letting go, in this case.”

That’s a tough one - a former classmate in junior high was suffering from some rare, chronic illness to which he couldn’t survive and was going to age miserably and more crippled by the day.

Wrote a poignant letter to then President Sarkozy asking about a possible finally legal euthanasia to which Sarko responded that for philosophical reasons he was opposed to it while admiring the young mans courage in his struggle against the illness.

He later committed suicide with a heavy dose/cocktails of meds.