Photos Your latest or Notable purchases

Difficult to get a decent picture because of the reflection, but a map of my county in the style of a Tolkien map - local airport is represented by a dragon.

Always loved reading The Hobbit as a kid - particularly the maps.

War1.jpg

War2.jpeg

Difficult to get a decent picture because of the reflection, but a map of my county in the style of a Tolkien map - local airport is represented by a dragon.

Always loved reading The Hobbit as a kid - particularly the maps.

View attachment 451074
View attachment 451075

Where did you get this from mate? I could google it but I am sooooo very laazyyyyyyy.....

Not a purchase per se, but I was recently gifted a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357 Magnum that belonged to a friend's father who treated me as though I was another son of his. Went looking at the serial number range at Ruger's site to see what year it was manufactured and the serial on it predates the serial number range. Going to call or email Ruger about it and see if it was a pre release demo model or something.

No picture yet, I'm waiting to go shoot it with a friend who's going to take his deceased father's targets, and we're going to go shoot the Ruger with me at his father's NRA targets and "go shooting with our fathers together" soon enough.

Where did you get this from mate? I could google it but I am sooooo very laazyyyyyyy.....

That's the A2 version and I paid an extra couple of quid for it to be signed by the creator - came to about £23, I think, with another £18 for the frame and did it myself.

It does show RAF bases, by the way.

I need new brake pads for this car that’ll reach the 60k kilometers milestone later this month.

Just need to make an appointment. Not a bit expanse really, and will allow me to drive it for a few years. Very few. I’d like a new one. Seriously I have enough savings plus the value of the current one to purchase an used Audi A3. Time will tell if I become a car snob and braggart on the road.

I need new brake pads for this car that’ll reach the 60k kilometers milestone later this month.

Just need to make an appointment. Not a bit expanse really, and will allow me to drive it for a few years. Very few. I’d like a new one. Seriously I have enough savings plus the value of the current one to purchase an used Audi A3. Time will tell if I become a car snob and braggart on the road.
If you have time just try and change them yourself. Should be a fun experience

That's the A2 version and I paid an extra couple of quid for it to be signed by the creator - came to about £23, I think, with another £18 for the frame and did it myself.

It does show RAF bases, by the way.
Ordered myself one!

Years ago, a visiting friend said that my man cave in the first floor of our second structure, the apartment house, was missing some things. He said the wall needs wall hangers. Get a bazooka, a musket, a bolt gun, a pump gun, and some semiauto he said.

So for years I used to to travel to the local gun shows and search for literally bargain guns to have a few wall ornaments. Nothing like a beat up but barely serviceable fixer upper project to give a labor of love to. In all, I was able to get a trapdoor Springfield 1973 for my "musket", a Spanish 1943 short Mauser in a name that begins with Fabrica for the bolt, a Winchester 1200 for the pump, and a Ruger 10/22 for the semiauto. I was okay with that really.

Today on Tacswap I was finally able to score something cool. A spent AT4 casing. I cannot wait for this friend to visit soon this coming November for Thanksgiving with us. It's going to be very nice to see his face's reaction as I closed the loop and did what he suggested.

Found this here in Transylvania, not bad for 5 euro.
Awarded to a member of the West German Bundswher in 1977
Any info on the Thirteenth Tank appreciated.
Also would a shooting badge have been awarded and if so what type in 1977?
395871428_327176930002349_7307740609724822319_n.jpg

395558095_350799257606832_7263620149704868652_n.jpg
395523941_1737393846760971_3974952958572650573_n.jpg
395520755_340724721695610_7341692625093173535_n.jpg

Found this here in Transylvania, not bad for 5 euro.
Awarded to a member of the West German Bundswher in 1977
Any info on the Thirteenth Tank appreciated.
Also would a shooting badge have been awarded and if so what type in 1977?
View attachment 455189
View attachment 455188View attachment 455187View attachment 455186
That's from a unit still active with 1AD, one of the divisions I was in. Now out of Bliss in the states that was formerly Germany, 2nd SQN 13th CAV.

And I have that crest on the coin that I was given by their Squadron CSM.

Years ago, a visiting friend said that my man cave in the first floor of our second structure, the apartment house, was missing some things. He said the wall needs wall hangers. Get a bazooka, a musket, a bolt gun, a pump gun, and some semiauto he said.

So for years I used to to travel to the local gun shows and search for literally bargain guns to have a few wall ornaments. Nothing like a beat up but barely serviceable fixer upper project to give a labor of love to. In all, I was able to get a trapdoor Springfield 1973 for my "musket", a Spanish 1943 short Mauser in a name that begins with Fabrica for the bolt, a Winchester 1200 for the pump, and a Ruger 10/22 for the semiauto. I was okay with that really.

Today on Tacswap I was finally able to score something cool. A spent AT4 casing. I cannot wait for this friend to visit soon this coming November for Thanksgiving with us. It's going to be very nice to see his face's reaction as I closed the loop and did what he suggested.
Infantry training Jan 1966 my group was one of the last units to fire the bazooka. We were using white phosphorous rounds on a non moving tank hull. I managed to get a hit on the track section, very slow round you can follow it with your eyes. Much like the 40mm on our ships, it was very slow and it was like you were stuck in a time warp watching it down to target. Only thing the 40mm was good for was to wound one of us sitting in the back, the bore sight was always off because it required special equipment to bore sight it which was only available at main depot at Vung Tau. Not much chance of flying a gunship all the way to depot for a bore sight, so I know of several men who had bad wounds to their lower legs and feet with the 40mm shooting under us low level. That 40mm was a real destructive tool, to our ship that is, when firing you would think the whole dashboard was going to fall apart the recoil was just really bad. It was so bad the air frame at the door mount area was cracking. They found that all the UH-1s that had used the 40mm had damage. So they put a maximum mission tally on all the aircraft that had it mounted. Too bad you couldn't get one of the old Army riot guns for the pump.

Each gun was no more than $100 dollars and that was my limit so if they were to be stolen, I wouldn't be out anything much really. And the spent AT4 tube was traded for a half case of 357 Sig that a friend left behind because he didn't want to transport it back with him while visiting. Something about CA and ammo he was nervous about, and not about his legally CA purchased Sig 239. So he gave it to me where it just sat for like forever, lol.

Ordered a set of Scalarworks 1.93 back up iron folding set, their 1,93 T2 mount for my M5, and a Steiner Mini Tor green laser model. The goal is for a better heads up awareness for the Aimpoint primary, backup will be for that rare chance that the Aimpoint will be dead and for washout from peer on peer white light washouts of the primary red dot. The daylight bright laser will fill a niche role, for CQB distance only and for using when there's no time to deploy the irons for a dead dot in an "Oh shi...get out of my house NOW" moment.

So two for passive aiming with one being a backup to the primary, and one for active aiming that's a niche backup as well.

Why green though? It's easier to pick up than red at distance and since the main is a red dot, it would seem counterintuitive and produce possible aiming mistakes thinking one is the other if emitting by accident when overlaying, and possibly in a wonky firing position that's unconventional.

Yes, this has been thought through and even had instructor friends I respect chime in on this for their input to see if I was on the right track or falling for a grift being pushed by mall ninja idiots.

Back