Photos Your latest or Notable purchases

Railway related I believe.
Yes. It was listed under the "eisenbahn" category. I railroaded for 34 years and have a collection of caps, medals, awards and table medals relating to Euro and colonial railroads. The two railroads I worked for (Chicago & Northwestern which was taken over by Union Pacific) had very meager awards and safety prizes. At 20 years' service, I got a cheap imported watch with my name engraved on it. Gave it to my SiL.

Yes. It was listed under the "eisenbahn" category. I railroaded for 34 years and have a collection of caps, medals, awards and table medals relating to Euro and colonial railroads. The two railroads I worked for (Chicago & Northwestern which was taken over by Union Pacific) had very meager awards and safety prizes. At 20 years' service, I got a cheap imported watch with my name engraved on it. Gave it to my SiL.
Must keep an eye out for any "CFR" Romanian Railway insignia items for you then.

Bought a new bike and collected it earlier
20231206_152129.jpg

Merry Christmas to me! My Hungarian friend successfully bid on this DDR RR medal for me. I'll have enough to fill another shadow box when it and the west German medals arrive. But you have to be careful buying for yourself this time of year lest you get a visit from the Krampus! ;)
picm2.jpg

More RR stuff. These are DDR "faithful service" medals for 10, 20 and 30 years on the rail.
IMG_0347 (2).JPG

Reverse of the 10 and 20 year medals have the same inscription, "for faithful service". I think - I speak very little German.
IMG_0360 (2).JPG

The 30 year medal has a different phrase - (I don't know what it says)
IMG_0359 (2).JPG

This is another DDR award. I'm still researching to see what it represents. Meritorius track repair maybe?
IMG_0355 (2).JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

I had sent my Hungarian friend an Italian bayonet for his collection - he responded by sending a Hungarian RR cap from the Soviet Bloc years. Santa came through for me!
IMG_0352.JPG

A frivolous aside to a pic above... On various DDR items, I see "Reichsbahn". I had thought that term ceased to be used after Hitler's Reich was eliminated in 1945, and it was - except in the DDR and Soviet sector of Berlin. I don't know why, and I doubt they know, either.

More RR stuff. These are DDR "faithful service" medals for 10, 20 and 30 years on the rail.
View attachment 463169

Reverse of the 10 and 20 year medals have the same inscription, "for faithful service". I think - I speak very little German.
View attachment 463170
"For Loyal Service."

View attachment 463172
"Service In the German Railways."

This is another DDR award. I'm still researching to see what it represents. Meritorius track repair maybe?
View attachment 463177

View attachment 463178
Basically it translates to: For volunteer work with the railways will check on a FB group what the word ZOE refers too.

Just finishing up on the reverse osmosis underneath sink unit. But after having our first cups of this water, definitely was worth it.

But if we ever have to do this again, we're getting the countertop pour over one instead because F that. I can do a water boiler in 30 minutes or less. But this dang thing took a whole evening and parts of the night -_-

Got a set of German collar tabs from the 1930s. At first I thought it was related to motorcycle couriers or similar, but research confirmed this is an early RR style not used very long.
and1c.jpg

2 tickets to watch AC/DC at Wembly in July.

Not a massive fan of stadium gigs, but I'm never gonna see these old geezers again.

Funnily enough, it all started with this dumbkopf Munich mayor letting the secret about their new European Tour known back in Nov 2023 when it was supposed to be kept secret.

They’re also probably touring in Paris somewhere but as you said I avoid those ten of thousand people concerts.

It's a box I've wanted to tick for a long time. No doubt they won't be what there were but I have to go and the company pays me the bonus next month so, let the dollar bills rain as they say.

Back