Photos Your latest or Notable purchases

Not sure I've ever actually been in Beerheadz - possible that I've had one there when already hammered. If you want a good old fashioned boozer near there, the Vat and Fiddle is the Castle Rock brewery tap and it's only a couple of minutes walk over the road.

Needed some big lengths of wood - went to the builders merchant today £430.00 of which £72.00 is VAT

It's just taxing you on money you have already paid tax on - VAT was there to pay for the EU - now we have left why is it not removed

Not sure I've ever actually been in Beerheadz - possible that I've had one there when already hammered. If you want a good old fashioned boozer near there, the Vat and Fiddle is the Castle Rock brewery tap and it's only a couple of minutes walk over the road.

I keep meaning to go there, but again never have, but then you're never short of CR beer in Notts!

I keep meaning to go there, but again never have, but then you're never short of CR beer in Notts!
It's possibly the one criticism of Notts I could have - Castle Rock everywhere. WOuld be nice to see some more choice sometimes...

This year's season ticket.

IMG_20220814_120844.jpg

Barley Twist is good for a last pint before I get to the train station, they do some dangerous (But not cheap) carryouts though. Bought a can each of these around Christmas time -

Drank the Goatsmoker on the journey home when I was already pretty drunk. Frankly, it's a miracle I remembered the two train changes I had to do. The Goblin Cleaver is still in the fridge.

Will be going to this boozer tomorrow night @Gaz

I spent part of last weekend in Mansfield. That's always an experience.

View attachment 402985
Did anyone complain that Margaret Thatcher had closed down all the coal mines, and they were still on strike...................

Used to work there a lot at night - it was stuck in the 1970's and still is

Interesting, doing some brickwork eh?

I built a wall last summer. Harder than I thought it would be.

Filling in gaps around paving slabs - frankly, where I live there's a rat problem (There's a railway cutting at the end of the garden - the little bastards are down there by the hundred) and the f**kers have been tunnelling under my paving (Presumably coming out of very, very old cracked drains and sewers) and popping out next to the slabs. Have had the slabs up, destroyed the existing tunnels and then sewn the area with bricks to make life difficult for them, put the slabs back down but now I'm cementing over the gaps - nothing special, just rapid setting cement.

Rats are whole level higher of "unpleasantness" compared to mice! Sorry to hear about your travail with those buggers.
Being honest, I've probably overreacted - they're not getting into the house or outbuildings or anything. I'm just not letting them get a toehold - trying to destroy access and dropped poison in wildlife safe traps.
And when I say there's a railway at the end of the garden - that's about 30 yards from the house, but this tunnel opening I mentioned is 10 feet from the back door.

Can't be too careful with rats mate. I had a problem and laid a load of poison and eventually got rid of them. A neighbour was leaving food out for badgers which encouraged them.

The highlight of my day is often watching a buzzard or red kite cruising at height up and down the railway line because I know it's looking for dinner and there's about to be one less furry little bastard in the vicinity.

Back