Photos US Forces

FB_IMG_1708709192119.jpg

Thanks @santana
Gunners of B Bty, 6 Bn, 27th Artillery, fire an M110 8-inch howitzer during a fire support mission at LZ Hong, approx. 12 km northeast of Song Be, South Vietnam. 26 March 1970.
bn-27th-artillery-fire-an-m110-8-inch-howitzer-jpg.jpg

Thanks @santana
Patrol Craft Fast (PCF) or "Swift" boats Riverine patrol boats in the Mekong Delta
1711171797405.png

Soldiers ride on an M113 APC during Operation Junction City in Bình Dương Province Vietnam - March 1967
us-soldiers-ride-on-an-m113-apc-jpg.jpg

Montagnard team member of MACV-SOG Spike Team (ST) Idaho. Phu Bai, FOB #1, South Vietnam. 6 October 1968
1711453990032.png

Mobile Riverine Force. Barracks ship USS Benewah (APB-35) is used by the MRF as a troop ship, berthing all the troops of the MRF and is equipped with a floating pier for all smaller boats. On the top of the ship is a helipad to accommodate air traffic. September 24, 1967
1711865196094.png

USS Benewah (APB-35) lies at anchor in waters of the Mekong Delta, while armoured troop carriers (ATC) lie beyond this flagship of the joint army-Navy Task Force 117 of the Mobile Riverine Force. 16 Nov 1967
1711865247192.png

Staff Sergeant Alvin Rouly from 5th Special Forces Group supervising a Civilian Irregular Defense Group trainee at Camp Trai Trung Sup. Photograph, March 1967.
1712656622462.png

U.S. Marine Corps UH-34D Seahorse lifts a vehicle from the flight deck of Essex class carrier, converted to amphibious assault ship, USS Valley Forge (LPH-8) possibly for transport into South Vietnam, circa 1965.
8cin0kloi6wc1.jpg

5 F-111s were shipped by crate from a warehouse positioned at a railway crossing on old 1382 Grand Prairie and Arlington intersection. They were hand assembled after arrival to RVN for flight testing. Unfortunately 4 self destructed in air due to the sweep wing design. The remaining was grounded and a major design fix for the sweep mechanism was developed. Later this same design was used in the F-14 Tomcats. In the end it was a very good aircraft but political pushing probably killed some good people before the plane had a normal testing program and not in a war zone where it was fitted with armaments before it was certified. Just thought I would put this out there because that warehouse was 30 miles from my missile base in Alvarado and we would use that old farm road to make a faster trip into the Dallas Fort Worth area, it was a very good drive back then. Today everything is unrecognizable due to massive population growth and little lakes and subdivisions. When we were driving down that old road there were still cows and horses behind barbed wire. The rail line that was used to move those F-111s and the warehouse no longer exist, a new freeway system has changed the scenery forever. There was a drive in theater directly across the highway when you came to the red light. I watched that movie there starring Raquel Welch "Fantastic Voyage", that theater has been gone for over 50 years. ;0) There was a time all of us stationed at my old missile base knew every little one horse town in that area, they all had cotton gins and rail lines.

U.S. Marine Corps UH-34D Seahorse lifts a vehicle from the flight deck of Essex class carrier, converted to amphibious assault ship, USS Valley Forge (LPH-8) possibly for transport into South Vietnam, circa 1965.
View attachment 477213
When I started doing photoshop work 20 years ago I had all the unit patches. I might have them on an old hard drive but it will take a while to find them. They were really great to look at. Tick the Patches tab to see the patches
shortcut to a different site that has the patches

LTV A-7E Corsair II from USS Kitty Hawk strikes the Hai Duong railway bridge in North Vietnam, 1972. The aircraft belonged to the VA-195 "Dambusters"
n8rk5i4dtb3d1.jpg

Douglas A-1 Skyraider attack aircraft on the deck of USS Bon Homme Richard. Vietnam, 1965.
tzj6370df43d1.jpg